ECT The Sovereignty of God: The need for an Other

morphi2

I'd like some feedback on something I've been pondering lately concerning the sovereignty of God. Currently, I reject much of Reformed theology because it requires the denial of human Libertarian Free Will (LFW) (by their own admission). In lieu of LFW, they define human freedom in a way that is compatible with the determinism of God's sovereignty. LFW is the ability to choose an option other than what one did in fact choose. Whereas Compatibilistic Free Will (CFW) is the ability to do as one pleases.

My thoughts are that CFW essentially makes humans intelligent robots. Preceding conditions determine what we desire and we choose according to our strongest desire. It's pure algorithm and calculation. This requires no soul, no self. An aware robot with sophisticated programming would be our equivalent in this regard.

Assuming that a (the?) primary purpose for which God even chose to create a universe was to increase His glory: Why would He be pleased with machines declaring His glory if He was the one who programmed them and created the conditions in which they existed? Their declarations were pre-determined by the precise initial conditions and natural laws that God created "in the beginning." In essence, under this view, their declarations are simply an echo of God declaring His own glory. Why would God be exalted by the echo of His own declaration? There is only an echo, not really an OTHER being declaring His glory.

On the other hand, if LFW is true, each human is a genuine OTHER self--OTHER from God. If this OTHER freely chooses to declare God's glory, then I can understand how THAT would be pleasing to God and fulfill His purpose in creating this universe. The declaration of His glory would come from a genuine other soul/person/being/self and not be merely an echo of God's voice. The origin of the declaration of God's glory would be the Other and not simply God Himself. It is true that God is the origin of the Other but the nature of LFW is that things freely chosen originate in the will/soul of the Other.