THE PROMISE

DougE

The new covenant is not the same as the new testament. The new testament was the death of Christ to forgive Israel the sins under the first testament (Hebrews 9:15). The mystery revealed by Paul revealed the new testament shed blood was applied for our forgiveness as well. The new covenant is future and will be made when Christ returns to establish his kingdom. The new covenant will forgive the iniquity of Israel and cause them to keep his law in the kingdom. The Holy Spirit will be given to the remnant of Israel to give them power to go through the tribulation and enter the kingdom on earth; the power, not the new covenant, is given to the remnant for this purpose.

The Holy Spirit will give the believing remnant of Israel power to go through the tribulation period and be able to enter into the kingdom on earth when Christ returns.

In the thousand year kingdom on earth, God will make the promised new covenant with Israel and give his spirit to the remnant.

John 14:26 But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

The Holy Ghost will be sent (John 16:7) to teach the remnant in the tribulation.

Luke 24:49 And, behold, I send the promise of my Father upon you: but tarry ye in the city of Jerusalem, until ye be endued with power from on high.

Jesus was speaking of the power of the Holy Ghost which would come onto the disciples; the disciples were to preach his name among the nations for the remission of sins during the tribulation.

The Holy Ghost was given to the remnant at Pentecost in Acts 2; although postponed, at that time, the tribulation was at hand, and the remnant was receiving power for the tribulation.

In the kingdom on earth, the new covenant, will, by his spirit, cause Israel to keep the commandments according to Ezekiel 36:27.