ECT The NT guarantees eternal death for ALL habitual sinners!

ZacharyB

Those who inherit/enter the kingdom of God will go to heaven
“And if your eye causes you to sin, pluck it out. It is better for you to enter the kingdom of God with one eye, rather than having two eyes, to be cast into hell fire” (Mark 9:47)
(To enter the kingdom of God is the opposite of being cast into hell.)
“Come, you blessed of My Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world … Inasmuch as you (the unrighteous) did not do it to one of the least of these, you did not do it to Me. And these will go away into everlasting punishment, but the righteous (who did good deeds) into eternal life.” (Matthew 25:34-46)
(The righteous inherit the kingdom of God and gain eternal life.)
Those who do the will of Father God will enter the kingdom of heaven (Matthew 7:21).
“For this is the will of God, your sanctification … For God did not call us to uncleanness, but in holiness. Therefore he who rejects this does not reject man, but God” (1 Thes 4:3-8)
“… that you may be counted worthy of the kingdom of God …
that our God would count you worthy of this calling” (2 Thes 1:5,11)

Those who sin habitually will not inherit the kingdom of God
“Do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived. Neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor homosexuals, nor sodomites, nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners
will inherit the kingdom of God.” (1 Corinthians 6:9-10)
• “Now the works of the flesh are evident, which are: adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lewdness, idolatry, sorcery, hatred, contentions, jealousies, outbursts of wrath, selfish ambitions, dissensions, heresies, envy, murders, drunkenness, revelries, and the like; of which I tell you beforehand, just as I also told you in time past, that those who practice such things will not inherit the kingdom of God.” (Gal. 5:19-21)
• “But fornication and all uncleanness or covetousness, let it not even be named among you, as is fitting for saints; neither filthiness, nor foolish talking, nor coarse jesting, which are not fitting, but rather giving of thanks. For this you know, that no fornicator, unclean person, nor covetous man, who is an idolater, has any inheritance in the kingdom of Christ and God. Let no one deceive you with empty words, for because of these things the wrath of God comes upon the sons of disobedience.” (Ephesians 5:3-6)

Those who sin habitually will incur the wrath of God
“Let no one deceive you with empty words, for because of these things
the wrath of God comes upon the sons of disobedience.” (Ephesians 5:6)
• “Therefore put to death your members which are on the earth: fornication, uncleanness, passion, evil desire, and covetousness, which is idolatry. Because of these things the wrath of God is coming upon the sons of disobedience” (Col. 3:5-6)

Those who obey unrighteousness (i.e. do evil) will not have eternal life
“… eternal life to those who by patient continuance in doing good seek for glory, honor, and immortality; but to those who are self-seeking and do not obey the truth, but obey unrighteousness — indignation and wrath, tribulation and anguish, on every soul of man who does evil …” (Romans 2:7-9)

Those who sin habitually will not enter the New Jerusalem
“Blessed are those who do His commandments, that they may have the right to the tree of life, and may enter through the gates into the city (of the New Jerusalem). But outside are dogs (homosexuals) and sorcerers and sexually immoral and murderers
and idolaters, and whoever loves and practices a lie.” (Revelation 22:14-15)

Those who sin habitually are not overcomers and will go into the lake of fire
“He who overcomes shall inherit all things, and I will be his God and he shall be
My son. But the cowardly, unbelieving, abominable, murderers, sexually immoral, sorcerers, idolaters, and all liars shall have their part in the lake which burns with
fire and brimstone, which is the second death.” (Revelation 21:7-8)

Those who are carnally minded will go to an eternal death
“For to be carnally minded is (eternal) death, but to be spiritually minded is life and peace. Because the carnal mind is enmity against God …” (Romans 8:6-7)
• “For if you live according to the flesh you will die (spiritually); but if by the Spirit you put to death the deeds of the body, you will live (spiritually).” (Romans 8:13)
• “Do not be deceived, God is not mocked; for whatever a man sows, that he will also reap. For he who sows to his flesh will of the flesh reap corruption (eternal death), but he who sows to the Spirit will of the Spirit reap everlasting life.” (Galatians 6:7-8)
• “But each one is tempted when he is drawn away by his own desires and enticed. Then, when desire has conceived, it gives birth to sin; and sin, when it is full-grown, brings forth (eternal) death. Do not be deceived, my beloved brethren.” (James 1:14-16)

Instead of practicing sin, it might be a good idea to pursue this eternal life thing
(to which you were called) --- it sounds pretty good to me!

“But you, O man of God, flee these (sin) things and pursue righteousness, godliness, faith, love, patience, gentleness. Fight the good fight of faith, lay hold on eternal life, to which you were also called …” (1 Timothy 6:11-12)
• “… that He (Jesus) might sanctify and cleanse her with the washing of water by the word, that He might present her to Himself a glorious church, not having spot or wrinkle or any such thing, but that she should be holy and without blemish.” (Ephesians 5:25-27)
• “… to present you holy, and blameless, and above reproach in His sight — if indeed you continue in the faith, grounded and steadfast, and are not moved away from the hope of the gospel (eternal life) which you heard” (Colossians 1:22-23)
• “Not that I have already attained, or am already perfected; but I press on, that I may lay hold of that (eternal life) for which Christ Jesus has also laid hold of me. Brethren, I do not count myself to have apprehended; but one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind and reaching forward to those things which are ahead, I press toward the goal for the prize (eternal life) of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus.” (Philippians 3:12-14)

Last edited:

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Matthew 12:31 King James Version (KJV)

31 Wherefore I say unto you, All manner of sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven unto men: but the blasphemy against the Holy Ghost shall not be forgiven unto men.

Danoh

“And if your eye causes you to sin, pluck it out. It is better for you to enter the kingdom of God with one eye, rather than having two eyes, to be cast into hell fire” (Mark 9:47)
“Come, you blessed of My Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world …
Inasmuch as you (the unrighteous) did not do it to one of the least of these, you did not do it to Me. And these will go away into everlasting punishment, but the righteous (who did good deeds) into eternal life.” (Matthew 25:34-46)

• Those who do the will of Father God will enter the kingdom of heaven (Matthew 7:21).
“For this is the will of God, your sanctification … For God did not call us to uncleanness, but in holiness. Therefore he who rejects this does not reject man, but God” (1 Thes 4:3-8)

“Do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived. Neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor homosexuals, nor sodomites, nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners
• “Now the works of the flesh are evident, which are: adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lewdness, idolatry, sorcery, hatred, contentions, jealousies, outbursts of wrath, selfish ambitions, dissensions, heresies, envy, murders, drunkenness, revelries, and the like; of which I tell you beforehand, just as I also told you in time past, that those who practice such things will not inherit the kingdom of God.” (Gal. 5:19-21)
• “But fornication and all uncleanness or covetousness, let it not even be named among you, as is fitting for saints; neither filthiness, nor foolish talking, nor coarse jesting, which are not fitting, but rather giving of thanks. For this you know, that no fornicator, unclean person, nor covetous man, who is an idolater, has any inheritance in the kingdom of Christ and God. Let no one deceive you with empty words, for because of these things the wrath of God comes upon the sons of disobedience.” (Ephesians 5:3-6)

“Let no one deceive you with empty words, for because of these things the wrath of God comes upon the sons of disobedience.” (Ephesians 5:6)
• “Therefore put to death your members which are on the earth: fornication, uncleanness, passion, evil desire, and covetousness, which is idolatry. Because of these things the wrath of God is coming upon the sons of disobedience” (Col. 3:5-6)

“… eternal life to those who by patient continuance in doing good seek for glory, honor, and immortality; but to those who are self-seeking and do not obey the truth, but obey unrighteousness — indignation and wrath, tribulation and anguish, on every soul of man who does evil …” (Romans 2:7-9)

“Blessed are those who do His commandments, that they may have the right to the tree of life, and may enter through the gates into the city (of the New Jerusalem). But outside are dogs (homosexuals) and sorcerers and sexually immoral and murderers

“He who overcomes shall inherit all things, and I will be his God and he shall be My son. But the cowardly, unbelieving, abominable, murderers, sexually immoral, sorcerers, idolaters, and all liars shall have their part in the lake which burns with fire and brimstone, which is the second death.” (Revelation 21:7-8)

“For to be carnally minded is (eternal) death, but to be spiritually minded is life and peace. Because the carnal mind is enmity against God …” (Romans 8:6-7)
• “For if you live according to the flesh you will die (spiritually); but if by the Spirit you put to death the deeds of the body, you will live (spiritually).” (Romans 8:13)
• “Do not be deceived, God is not mocked; for whatever a man sows, that he will also reap. For he who sows to his flesh will of the flesh reap corruption (eternal death), but he who sows to the Spirit will of the Spirit reap everlasting life.” (Galatians 6:7-8)
• “But each one is tempted when he is drawn away by his own desires and enticed. Then, when desire has conceived, it gives birth to sin; and sin, when it is full-grown, brings forth (eternal) death. Do not be deceived, my beloved brethren.” (James 1:14-16)

Instead of practicing sin, it might be a good idea to pursue this eternal life thing

“But you, O man of God, flee these (sin) things and pursue righteousness, godliness, faith, love, patience, gentleness. Fight the good fight of faith, lay hold on eternal life, to which you were also called …” (1 Timothy 6:11-12)
• “… that He (Jesus) might sanctify and cleanse her with the washing of water by the word, that He might present her to Himself a glorious church, not having spot or wrinkle or any such thing, but that she should be holy and without blemish.” (Ephesians 5:25-27)
• “… to present you holy, and blameless, and above reproach in His sight — if indeed you continue in the faith, grounded and steadfast, and are not moved away from the hope of the gospel (eternal life) which you heard” (Colossians 1:22-23)
• “Not that I have already attained, or am already perfected; but I press on, that I may lay hold of that (eternal life) for which Christ Jesus has also laid hold of me. Brethren, I do not count myself to have apprehended; but one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind and reaching forward to those things which are ahead, I press toward the goal for the prize (eternal life) of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus.” (Philippians 3:12-14)

"Bliblical" but...a great example of what I'd meant in post #74 in the link below:

http://www.theologyonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=113810&page=5

revpete

“Come, you blessed of My Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world …
Inasmuch as you (the unrighteous) did not do it to one of the least of these, you did not do it to Me. And these will go away into everlasting punishment, but the righteous (who did good deeds) into eternal life.” (Matthew 25:34-46)

Those who do the will of Father God will enter the kingdom of heaven (Matthew 7:21).

“Let no one deceive you with empty words, for because of these things the wrath of God comes upon the sons of disobedience.” (Ephesians 5:6)

“He who overcomes shall inherit all things, and I will be his God and he shall be My son. But the cowardly, unbelieving, abominable, murderers, sexually immoral, sorcerers, idolaters, and all liars shall have their part in the lake which burns with fire and brimstone, which is the second death.” (Revelation 21:7-8)

Just a question to think on: Is habitual sin the same as wilful sin?

Pete👤

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Make no mistake, there are degrees and different kinds of sin.

God gives examples in the Bible.

Habitual little sins are often not even understood until light is thrown upon them, and that can take years.

LA

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

1Jn 1:7 But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin.
1Jn 1:8 If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.
1Jn 1:9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.
1Jn 1:10 If we say that we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us.

Danoh

Romans 6:23

2 Corinthians 4:

7. But we have this treasure in earthen vessels, that the excellency of the power may be of God, and not of us.

Consider that Romans 6:23 does not stand by itself.

There is an overall scope, setting and context through which it must be considered.

Romans 6:23 is part of what is actually one unit: Romans 6 thru 8: the issue of Living Under Grace.

In turn, those three chapters are based on what Paul has established from Romans 3:21 thru the end of Romans 5: the issue of God's righteousness in His Grace in His Son.

And that, in turn, is in contrast to the wrath of God in His righteousness that man is deserving of, that Paul first laid out in Romans 1:18 thru Romans 3:20.

Whereas man is deserving of God's wrath in His righteousness, God's Grace in righteousness in His Son has been availed.

That out of the way, Romans 6-8 then addresses the issue, not only of how to live unto God - under said Grace - but also, of how to deal with its dual enemy; the sin nature: Romans 6; that the Law had been meant to set off: Romans 7; because it was weak through the flesh: Romans 8.

In all this is found the actually intended sense of Romans 6:23's "For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord."

Fresh from Romans 3: 21 through the end of Romans 5... Paul then anticipates issues that are likely come up in the Believer's walk.

He does this in Romans 6 thru 8.

He is addressing the saint - those who have eternal life, but at the same time; in these earthen vessels God has placed this eternal life in; given His intent in having done things this way...

"...that [purpose or intent] the excellency of the power may be of God, and not of us. 2 Cor. 4:7.

In this, as in Romans 7 and 8, he is dealing with the issue of what will get in the way of the saint in his service unto God, in Romans 6:

19. I speak after the manner of men because of the infirmity of your flesh: for as ye have yielded your members servants to uncleanness and to iniquity unto iniquity; even so now yield your members servants to righteousness unto holiness.
20. For when ye were the servants of sin, ye were free from righteousness.
21. What fruit had ye then in those things whereof ye are now ashamed? For the end of those things is death.
22. But now being made free from sin, and become servants to God, ye have your fruit unto holiness, and the end everlasting life.
23. For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

When you were lost, you had no fruit that could please God - because you did not have eternal life, you had no fruit that could stand you in good stead throughout eternity!

And this is what many fail to understand - when you were lost, you had no fruit that could please God, because you did not have eternal life!

Because you were born dead!

Genesis 3:

17. But of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it: for in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die.

Romans 5:

12. Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned:
13. (For until the law sin was in the world: but sin is not imputed when there is no law.
14. Nevertheless death reigned from Adam to Moses, even over them that had not sinned after the similitude of Adam’s transgression, who is the figure of him that was to come.

There is the problem.

BUT! Hold your horses - it does not end there!

Look at this - right here in Romans 5!

6. For when we were yet without strength, in due time Christ died for the ungodly.

How's that grab ya!

Wait! There's more - much more!

7. For scarcely for a righteous man will one die: yet peradventure for a good man some would even dare to die.
8. But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.

Here - have some more!

9. Much more then, being now justified by his blood, we shall be saved from wrath through him.
10. For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life.

Wait, wait, wait, bring those kiddies back; there's one more treat!

11. And not only so, but we also joy in God through our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom we have now received the atonement.

You are now fully enabled in Christ for handling the issues and their solving for, that Paul lays out in Romans 6 thru 8.

That is what the saint now has as he encounters potential problems posed by the fact of this treasure in earthen vessels.

The solution? God's gifting program in His Son!

The eternal life He has given you in His Son - you can now do what you could not before.

Because you now have what you did not have before.

You can now produce fruit not only unto holiness (in other words as a saint [sanctified or] separated unto God) but unto eternal life - fruit that is eternal in God's Son!

"For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord."

All you need do now is educate yourself in the details of this so that you don't walk in the ignorance of your mind about how this New Life in Him works.

For ignorance of how all this works, can only result in ending yourself up under the power of sin in the flesh; spiritually dead.

Unable to serve the Lord in the way, and by the very means by which He has empowered you to, in His Son, by His Spirit, as you obey His Word by faith.

16. Know ye not, that to whom ye yield yourselves servants to obey, his servants ye are to whom ye obey; whether of sin unto death, or of obedience unto righteousness?
17. But God be thanked, that ye were the servants of sin, but ye have obeyed from the heart that form of doctrine which was delivered you.
18. Being then made free from sin, ye became the servants of righteousness.

The issue is the absolute, complete victory the Believer has in Christ because he has His eternal life, but that his ignorance of how it all is meant to work, can render spiritually dead; spiritually impotent.

Galatians 5:

16. This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh.
17. For the flesh lusteth against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh: and these are contrary the one to the other: so that ye cannot do the things that ye would.
18. But if ye be led of the Spirit, ye are not under the law.

The mask is off - those who preach Performance Based Acceptance only look like something they are really not.

Theirs is "another gospel: which is not another" at all.

SaulToPaul 2

1Jn 1:7 But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin.
1Jn 1:8 If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.
1Jn 1:9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.
1Jn 1:10 If we say that we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us.

1 John 3
8 He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil.

9 Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER

31 Wherefore I say unto you, All manner of sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven unto men: but the blasphemy against the Holy Ghost shall not be forgiven unto men.

Therefore I say to you, every sin and blasphemy will be forgiven men, but the blasphemy against the Spirit will not be forgiven men. Anyone who speaks a word against the Son of Man, it will be forgiven him, but whoever speaks against the Holy Spirit, it will not be forgiven him, either in this age or in the age to come. (Matthew 12:31-32 NKJV)​

But what about after the age to come?

andyc

You need to put that in context. Obviously Jesus was talking about acts of sin, not out and out rebellion.

ZacharyB

Mat 11:24 But I say unto you, That it shall be more tolerable for the land of Sodom in the day of judgment, than for thee.
Yes, and the problem is we have to be involved in ...

Matthew 7:6
"Do not give what is holy to the dogs; nor cast your pearls before swine,
lest they trample them under their feet, and turn and tear you in pieces."