ECT The letter for Hebrews

Right Divider

Body part
So Christ saves Gentiles the same way, but just doesn't tell them that there are Jews saved the same way. They might start celebrating together and that would be awful!

Of course it matters what the timing is. There is obviously not a NHNE at or right after 70 AD. That is one of the main theology issues, because all the letters point to it. And there will not be another brick and stone Jerusalem with a David ruling and sacrifices wafting through the air, because that conflicts with Hebrews, totally.

Therefore, as I said: the old was decimated irretrievably in 70 and the new is not yet come.

Btw, what to do with a city where there is no sun or temple because God and Christ are those things????
So God and Christ cannot be the light of a city?

Read the BIBLE dingleberry. It's all in there.

There is a CITY that the God brings down from heaven.

YOU keep telling US about the NHNE, and yet you are CLUELESS about it.

Rev 21:1-3 (AKJV/PCE)
(21:1) And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea. (21:2) And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband. (21:3) And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God [is] with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, [and be] their God.

You are so clueless.
Rev 21:22-27 (AKJV/PCE)
(21:22) And I saw no temple therein: for the Lord God Almighty and the Lamb are the temple of it. (21:23) And the city had no need of the sun, neither of the moon, to shine in it: for the glory of God did lighten it, and the Lamb [is] the light thereof. (21:24) And the nations of them which are saved shall walk in the light of it: and the kings of the earth do bring their glory and honour into it. (21:25) And the gates of it shall not be shut at all by day: for there shall be no night there. (21:26) And they shall bring the glory and honour of the nations into it. (21:27) And there shall in no wise enter into it any thing that defileth, neither [whatsoever] worketh abomination, or [maketh] a lie: but they which are written in the Lamb's book of life.

The IT in verses 22 and 23 is THE CITY. Read it and BELIEVE it!

The kings of the earth do bring their glory and honor INTO IT.
The gates OF IT shall not be shut all day.
The honor and glory of the nations shall be brought INTO IT.
Nothing that defiles shall be brought INTO IT.

Get a clue.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I am trying to get a basic understanding of the MAD view of going to heaven. Your comment is that it depends on who you ask. So what about you, do you believe in heaven and if so, why?
Jamie,

I believe a lot of folks here have the mistaken impression that MAD is a denomination with a statement of faith, creeds, etc.
It's not.
And a lot of these issues being questioned are not MAD based issues (like baptism, heaven, etc.).

MAD is simply the belief that the dispensation/ministry that started with Paul was mystery and not prophesy.
Israel's future blessing was prophesy of their exaltation being a beacon to the world.
The mystery is the BOC takes place because of the FALL of Israel (although a temporary fall).
This was not prophesied, but was a mystery kept secret till Paul.

MAD is a belief, not a denomination.
Just like "Trinity" is a belief that GOD is a triune unity and does not really include details of baptism or heaven either.
Just as the trinity is a separate argument from baptism or heaven, so is MAD.