ECT The Jews knew about the Kingdom of God--

Danoh

lol, In Matthew 24:3 KJV I don’t think they thought "second coming" They were thinking him ruling in the land as king the same way all Jews did and were curious how all that would be fulfilled if Jerusalem was destroyed.

The same exact point then though,bare in mind in Acts 1-3 the temple and Jerusalem have not yet been destroyed, and they are saying if they would repent that he would return Acts 3:20 KJV ,,,so whether they saw Jesus in his first or second coming they still believed that he would in fact return as the king and rule over Israel and all other nations would bow to it.

Nope - Acts 2 and 3 have a difference in their perspective by then, that is not yet as fully developed in Acts 1.

Matthew 10:19 But when they deliver you up, take no thought how or what ye shall speak: for it shall be given you in that same hour what ye shall speak. 10:20 For it is not ye that speak, but the Spirit of your Father which speaketh in you.

That is a description of things after Acts 2's Pentecost.

Which would have cleared the following up.

Matthew 10:23 But when they persecute you in this city, flee ye into another: for verily I say unto you, Ye shall not have gone over the cities of Israel, till the Son of man be come.

Their perspective was now the Spirit's perspective.

Acts 2:1 And when the day of Pentecost was fully come, they were all with one accord in one place.

Acts 2:4 And they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance.

Anyone who concludes they were wrong, or confused in Early Acts, or some other nonsense, is an incompetent spelled I-N-T-E-R-P-L-A-N-N-E-R.

Plain and simple...

Acts 4:7 And when they had set them in the midst, they asked, By what power, or by what name, have ye done this? 4:8 Then Peter, filled with the Holy Ghost, said unto them, Ye rulers of the people, and elders of Israel,

whitestone

yes he returns in judgement, destroys it all and makes the NHNE which has such unusual features as a cube city where God is the sun and Christ is the temple. Nothing about ruling Israel the ethne in Judea and other nations as we now have them.

That kind of millenium just clutters things up with a sort of false-start NHNE that fails (the little rebellion and destruction of 20). Christ does reign now through the preaching of his word and the Gospel. The world does bow to the new Israel--a statement made to help suffering believers in the 1st century realize they will be victors one day.

I find this post to be odd in that you say quite often that you would not base any doctrine on the revelation unless it was verified somewhere else in the gospels or letters and then do so here.

It is consistent in the scriptures I gave in support that they believed him to be about to restore the kingdom to Israel,both before his death,after his death and after his ascension.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
It is consistent in the scriptures I gave in support that they believed him to be about to restore the kingdom to Israel,both before his death,after his death and after his ascension.

Strange, when Mad claims Israel was not set aside until Steven.

So what Kingdom did Israel have that it could be taken from them and given to another people--

Mat 21:43 Therefore say I unto you, The kingdom of God shall be taken from you, and given to a nation bringing forth the fruits thereof.

but MAD says the Kingdom will be given back to the same nation?

LA

Danoh

Strange, when Mad claims Israel was not set aside until Steven.

So what Kingdom did Israel have that it could be taken from them and given to another people--

Mat 21:43 Therefore say I unto you, The kingdom of God shall be taken from you, and given to a nation bringing forth the fruits thereof.

but MAD says the Kingdom will be given back to the same nation?

LA

One, MOST MADs assert that; not all MADS ON TOL...do.

Two, the issue was the husbandry that the Scribes and the Pharisees had over Israe, but that was going to be taken from THEM.

Matthew 21:33 Hear another parable: There was a certain householder, which planted a vineyard, and hedged it round about, and digged a winepress in it, and built a tower, and let it out to husbandmen, and went into a far country: 21:34 And when the time of the fruit drew near, he sent his servants to the husbandmen, that they might receive the fruits of it. 21:35 And the husbandmen took his servants, and beat one, and killed another, and stoned another. 21:36 Again, he sent other servants more than the first: and they did unto them likewise. 21:37 But last of all he sent unto them his son, saying, They will reverence my son. 21:38 But when the husbandmen saw the son, they said among themselves, This is the heir; come, let us kill him, and let us seize on his inheritance. 21:39 And they caught him, and cast him out of the vineyard, and slew him. 21:40 When the lord therefore of the vineyard cometh, what will he do unto those husbandmen? 21:41 They say unto him, He will miserably destroy those wicked men, and will let out his vineyard unto other husbandmen, which shall render him the fruits in their seasons. 21:42 Jesus saith unto them, Did ye never read in the scriptures, The stone which the builders rejected, the same is become the head of the corner: this is the Lord's doing, and it is marvellous in our eyes? 21:43 Therefore say I unto you, The kingdom of God shall be taken from you, and given to a nation bringing forth the fruits thereof. 21:44 And whosoever shall fall on this stone shall be broken: but on whomsoever it shall fall, it will grind him to powder. 21:45 And when the chief priests and Pharisees had heard his parables, they perceived that he spake of them.

He had already identified who was going to replace the chief priests and Pharisees...

Matthew 19:27 Then answered Peter and said unto him, Behold, we have forsaken all, and followed thee; what shall we have therefore? 19:28 And Jesus said unto them, Verily I say unto you, That ye which have followed me, in the regeneration when the Son of man shall sit in the throne of his glory, ye also shall sit upon twelve thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Israel.

So, from this...

Matthew 23:1 Then spake Jesus to the multitude, and to his disciples, 23:2 Saying, The scribes and the Pharisees sit in Moses' seat: 23:3 All therefore whatsoever they bid you observe, that observe and do; but do not ye after their works: for they say, and do not.

To this...

Luke 12:32 Fear not, little flock; for it is your Father's good pleasure to give you the kingdom. 12:33 Sell that ye have, and give alms; provide yourselves bags which wax not old, a treasure in the heavens that faileth not, where no thief approacheth, neither moth corrupteth.

whitestone

One, MOST MADs assert that; not all MADS ON TOL...do.

Two, the issue was the husbandry that the Scribes and the Pharisees had over Israe, but that was going to be taken from THEM.

Matthew 21:33 Hear another parable: There was a certain householder, which planted a vineyard, and hedged it round about, and digged a winepress in it, and built a tower, and let it out to husbandmen, and went into a far country: 21:34 And when the time of the fruit drew near, he sent his servants to the husbandmen, that they might receive the fruits of it. 21:35 And the husbandmen took his servants, and beat one, and killed another, and stoned another. 21:36 Again, he sent other servants more than the first: and they did unto them likewise. 21:37 But last of all he sent unto them his son, saying, They will reverence my son. 21:38 But when the husbandmen saw the son, they said among themselves, This is the heir; come, let us kill him, and let us seize on his inheritance. 21:39 And they caught him, and cast him out of the vineyard, and slew him. 21:40 When the lord therefore of the vineyard cometh, what will he do unto those husbandmen? 21:41 They say unto him, He will miserably destroy those wicked men, and will let out his vineyard unto other husbandmen, which shall render him the fruits in their seasons. 21:42 Jesus saith unto them, Did ye never read in the scriptures, The stone which the builders rejected, the same is become the head of the corner: this is the Lord's doing, and it is marvellous in our eyes? 21:43 Therefore say I unto you, The kingdom of God shall be taken from you, and given to a nation bringing forth the fruits thereof. 21:44 And whosoever shall fall on this stone shall be broken: but on whomsoever it shall fall, it will grind him to powder. 21:45 And when the chief priests and Pharisees had heard his parables, they perceived that he spake of them.

He had already identified who was going to replace the chief priests and Pharisees...

Matthew 19:27 Then answered Peter and said unto him, Behold, we have forsaken all, and followed thee; what shall we have therefore? 19:28 And Jesus said unto them, Verily I say unto you, That ye which have followed me, in the regeneration when the Son of man shall sit in the throne of his glory, ye also shall sit upon twelve thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Israel.

So, from this...

Matthew 23:1 Then spake Jesus to the multitude, and to his disciples, 23:2 Saying, The scribes and the Pharisees sit in Moses' seat: 23:3 All therefore whatsoever they bid you observe, that observe and do; but do not ye after their works: for they say, and do not.

To this...

Luke 12:32 Fear not, little flock; for it is your Father's good pleasure to give you the kingdom. 12:33 Sell that ye have, and give alms; provide yourselves bags which wax not old, a treasure in the heavens that faileth not, where no thief approacheth, neither moth corrupteth.

yep the at the regeneration,refreshing Matthew 19:28 KJV , Isaiah 1:26 KJV it will be changed that’s where I see their reasoning of Acts 3:19-21 KJV as being what was spoken of.

Danoh

yep the at the regeneration,refreshing Matthew 19:28 KJV , Isaiah 1:26 KJV it will be changed that’s where I see their reasoning of Acts 3:19-21 KJV as being what was spoken of.

I'm curious - where in Acts do you see Israel fell?

I don't like baiting; so here is my view on that.

I hold that Israel fell in Acts 7, which is where unbelieving Israel is concluded "uncircumcised in heart and ears" or "under sin" with the Uncircumcision - the Gentile nations - see also Acts 4:25-26, 1 Thess. 2, and also the end of Rom. 2 and the first half of Rom. 3.

1 Thessalonians having been written way before the end of Acts.

Also, Romans 9-11, which is basically a continuation of where Romans 3:19-20 left off.