The fruit/effect of Christ's death !

beloved57

You know Jesus speaks of the The fruit/effect of His death . He tells us that His death will produce saving effects, observe Jn 12:32

32 And I, if I be lifted up from the earth, will draw all men unto me.

33 This he said, signifying what death he should die.

Jesus here in Vs 32 is giving the outcome of His death, or being lifted up as to say, lifted up on the Cross to die for those sins charged to Him 2 Cor 5:21.

In the original the word men isnt there:

κἀγὼ ἐὰν ὑψωθῶ ἐκ τῆς γῆς πάντας ἑλκύσω πρὸς ἐμαυτόν

The translators added the word men to give it sense. The point is that all for whom He is lifted up for will experience spiritual results in them as fruit/effect of His being lifted up for them. That fruit/effect is that they all [in all successive generations] will be drawn unto Him.

It denotes that He will draw all people unto Him, that is all people of different ethnic groups and social economical groups, versus only jews. Remember Lk 2:10

And the angel said unto them, Fear not: for, behold, I bring you good tidings of great joy, which shall be to all people.

Now heres the blessed promise unto all people He was lifted up for, "
will draw all men unto me."

The word draw here denotes an inward inner power of propelling. Its the greek word helkō and means:

1. to draw, drag off
  2. metaph., to draw by inward power, lead, impel

It should go without saying that Jesus is using the word in its metaph meaning. They shalll be drawn by inward power, which is the gift of the Holy Spirit. Its like when Jesus said of His Sheep, He leads them out Jn 10:3

3 To him the porter openeth; and the sheep hear his voice: and he calleth his own sheep by name, and leadeth them out.

See that word leadeth ? Thats the same meaning as drawing them out, the Sheep that is. Its the word
    exagō:

to lead forth:—bring forth (out), fetch (lead) out.

Its made up of the word
    agō which means :

1. to move, impel: of forces and influences on the mind

The fruit of Jesus death for all whom He died will be spiritually influenced, inwardly impelled to come to Him, or believe on Him. They will hear His Voice Jn 10:3 through the preaching of the Gospel, which hearing brings Faith Rom 10:17

17 So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.
      Some translators rightly understand and write:

The Effect of Christs death draws them He was lifted up for, in the metaphorical sense

The one being drawn is made willing [Ps 110:3] and desirous of coming to Christ, a Spiritual attraction SOS 1:4

Draw me, we will run after thee: the king hath brought me into his chambers: we will be glad and rejoice in thee, we will remember thy love more than wine: the upright love thee.

The one here is being caused to run because they're being drawn , this pictures Christ the one being lifted up, drawing His Sheep/Church to Him.

So if one never hears[spiritually] Christ's voice and comes to Him [in faith] then He was not lifted up for that one, or Christ didn't die for that one, lest the word of God is of no effect ! Coming to Christ is the fruit of His death Jn 12:32

beloved57

So Christs death,being lifted up, secures unto them He was lifted up for, Spiritual Life, which entails God the Spirit working in them. This is a Covenant Blessing, for remember Christ died a covenant death Matt 26:28 and this death ensures the Spirit being given to the many He died for Ezk 36:26-27

26 A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh.

27 And I will put my spirit within you, andcause you to walk in my statutes, and ye shall keep my judgments, and do them.

The word cause would be the same word for draw in Jn 12:32 meaning to impel . Remember the word draw means:

metaph., to draw by inward power, lead, impel

But notice this causing or impelling to walk comes after what in Ezk 36:27 ?

27 And I will put my spirit within you, andcause you to walk in my statutes, and ye shall keep my judgments, and do them.

It comes after the Spirit has been put within them, the New Birth ! So the Ones being drawn to Christ after He has been lifted up for them are them that have been born of the Spirit. Now Christ's promises this for all whom He was Lifted up for ! Its the effect and fruit of His death for one !

Nanja

So Christs death,being lifted up, secures unto them He was lifted up for, Spiritual Life, which entails God the Spirit working in them. This is a Covenant Blessing, for remember Christ died a covenant death Matt 26:28 and this death ensures the Spirit being given to the many He died for Ezk 36:26-27

26 A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh.

The word cause would be the same word for draw in Jn 12:32 meaning to impel . Remember the word draw means:

metaph., to draw by inward power, lead, impel

But notice this causing or impelling to walk comes after what in Ezk 36:27 ?

It comes after the Spirit has been put within them, the New Birth ! So the Ones being drawn to Christ after He has been lifted up for them are them that have been born of the Spirit. Now Christ's promises this for all whom He was Lifted up for ! Its the effect and fruit of His death for one !

Amen to both parts !

The fruit and effect of Christ's Covenant death Mat. 26:28 is that all those He was lifted up for John 12:32 will be effectually drawn to Him and shall bring about a spiritual conversion to God for each one of them [His Seed Chosen in Him, His Church or Sheep], by sending the Spirit to quicken each one with new Spiritual Life Phil. 2:13; Is. 44:3; Ezek. 36:26-27; which provides them with spiritual ears to His Voice John 10:27 in the Gospel Prov. 20:12; Eph. 1:13.

Now if a person is never quickened, made spiritually alive in New Birth, they were never one of those for whom Christ was lifted up for John. 12:32.

Truster

You know Jesus speaks of the The fruit/effect of His death . He tells us that His death will produce saving effects, observe Jn 12:32

32 And I, if I be lifted up from the earth, will draw all men unto me.

33 This he said, signifying what death he should die.

Jesus here in Vs 32 is giving the outcome of His death, or being lifted up as to say, lifted up on the Cross to die for those sins charged to Him 2 Cor 5:21.

In the original the word men isnt there:

κἀγὼ ἐὰν ὑψωθῶ ἐκ τῆς γῆς πάντας ἑλκύσω πρὸς ἐμαυτόν

The translators added the word men to give it sense. The point is that all for whom He is lifted up for will experience spiritual results in them as fruit/effect of His being lifted up for them. That fruit/effect is that they all [in all successive generations] will be drawn unto Him.

It denotes that He will draw all people unto Him, that is all people of different ethnic groups and social economical groups, versus only jews. Remember Lk 2:10

And the angel said unto them, Fear not: for, behold, I bring you good tidings of great joy, which shall be to all people.

Now heres the blessed promise unto all people He was lifted up for, "
will draw all men unto me."

The word draw here denotes an inward inner power of propelling. Its the greek word helkō and means:

1. to draw, drag off
  2. metaph., to draw by inward power, lead, impel

It should go without saying that Jesus is using the word in its metaph meaning. They shalll be drawn by inward power, which is the gift of the Holy Spirit. Its like when Jesus said of His Sheep, He leads them out Jn 10:3

3 To him the porter openeth; and the sheep hear his voice: and he calleth his own sheep by name, and leadeth them out.

See that word leadeth ? Thats the same meaning as drawing them out, the Sheep that is. Its the word
    exagō:

to lead forth:—bring forth (out), fetch (lead) out.

Its made up of the word
    agō which means :

1. to move, impel: of forces and influences on the mind

The fruit of Jesus death for all whom He died will be spiritually influenced, inwardly impelled to come to Him, or believe on Him. They will hear His Voice Jn 10:3 through the preaching of the Gospel, which hearing brings Faith Rom 10:17

17 So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.
      Some translators rightly understand and write:

The Effect of Christs death draws them He was lifted up for, in the metaphorical sense

The one being drawn is made willing [Ps 110:3] and desirous of coming to Christ, a Spiritual attraction SOS 1:4

Draw me, we will run after thee: the king hath brought me into his chambers: we will be glad and rejoice in thee, we will remember thy love more than wine: the upright love thee.

The one here is being caused to run because they're being drawn , this pictures Christ the one being lifted up, drawing His Sheep/Church to Him.

So if one never hears[spiritually] Christ's voice and comes to Him [in faith] then He was not lifted up for that one, or Christ didn't die for that one, lest the word of God is of no effect ! Coming to Christ is the fruit of His death Jn 12:32

You've read it, heard about it and now even post those things you have heard and read, but you deny the actual experience of the power of the evangelism. You have not experienced the power of the evangelism of salvation at work within. That leaves you in the same condition in which you came forth from the womb.

beloved57

Amen to both parts !

The fruit and effect of Christ's Covenant death Mat. 26:28 is that all those He was lifted up for John 12:32 will be effectually drawn to Him and shall bring about a spiritual conversion to God for each one of them [His Seed Chosen in Him, His Church or Sheep], by sending the Spirit to quicken each one with new Spiritual Life Phil. 2:13; Is. 44:3; Ezek. 36:26-27; which provides them with spiritual ears to His Voice John 10:27 in the Gospel Prov. 20:12; Eph. 1:13.

Now if a person is never quickened, made spiritually alive in New Birth, they were never one of those for whom Christ was lifted up for John. 12:32.

Amen Sister !