The Fifth Commandment - Honor your Father and Mother, Children Obey Your Parents

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Shalom.

The Fifth Commandment is to Honor your Father and Mother, Children Obey Your Parents in יהוה (Hebrew is read from right to left, this is YHVH or Yahveh, the name of God) for this is right (or, for this is the right thing to do).

That it would / will go well with you. That you would have a long life. It is the first commandment with a promise.

How do you understand this commandment? Do you obey God in regard to this commandment?

When I asked someone about the Ten Commandments recently, and they responded about the commandment against adultery, the next commandment that was mentioned was this commandment, to Honor your Father and your Mother. We did not discuss it. However, I believe that it was a great thing to bring up. There is much value and joy in talking about this commandment.

If times have ever been tough, trying, or difficult for you, your parents are the ones who gave you life, birth, as God would so have it and desire for you. Love them the way God wants you to. Honor them. Obey them in the LORD (the LORD is translated from the Hebrew, YHVH, Yahveh, יהוה). Obey God. Obey your parents.

Fathers, Mothers, bring your children up in the training and admonition of the LORD (יהוה, Yahveh).

May you serve the one true God, love Him, and love your neighbor as yourself.

Shalom.

Jacob

Truster

If any man come to me, and hate not his father, and mother, and wife, and children, and brethren, and sisters, yea, and his own life also, he cannot be my disciple.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
If any man come to me, and hate not his father, and mother, and wife, and children, and brethren, and sisters, yea, and his own life also, he cannot be my disciple.
Shalom.

What is your understanding of this? Do you observe God's commands and understand this rightly?

Shalom.

Jacob

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
How do you express this hate towards your father, and mother, and children, and brethren, and sisters, and your own life also?

Truster

How do you express this hate towards your father, and mother, and children, and brethren, and sisters, and your own life also?

By loving my Elohim and my Saviour instead of them as they were revealed as apostates and atheists.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
By loving my Elohim and my Saviour instead of them as they were revealed as apostates and atheists.
I didn't ask what you do to expresses your love to Elohim.
You can tell if you want to, but it's not necessary to answer my question.

What I asked is what do you do to express hate to mother, father, brother, and self.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
The Fifth Commandment is to Honor your Father and Mother, Children Obey Your Parents in יהוה (Hebrew is read from right to left, this is YHVH or Yahveh, the name of God) for this is right (or, for this is the right thing to do).

That it would / will go well with you. That you would have a long life. It is the first commandment with a promise.
In the Hebrew Scriptures, the Torah, we have the following.

Exodus 20:12
Deuteronomy 5:16

In the Greek Scriptures we have the following in Ephesians. I apologize. This is not from the Hebrew.

Ephesians 6:1, 2, 3.

Shalom.

Jacob