ECT The Bride of Christ. Why is she . . . . .

Livelystone

Is a person conscious when they are dead?

LA

A person's dead body is just that.

However, the spirit/soul that is still alive is in a different and "higher" dimension than the level physical matter exists at even though they share the same world. (How Jesus said He was in heaven while still standing on earth when he said it)

Paul understood this and said the same thing of his experience when caught up in the spirit

2Cor.12 2 I knew a man in Christ above fourteen years ago, (whether in the body, I cannot tell; or whether out of the body, I cannot tell God knoweth ) such an one caught up to the third heaven.

3 And I knew such a man, (whether in the body, or out of the body, I cannot tell: God knoweth )

4 How that he was caught up into paradise, and heard unspeakable words, which it is not lawful for a man to utter.

Paul was "as if he was dead" after being stoned but when his body was taken out of the city where his friends gathered around his body and did what they were supposed to do......... Prayed for him, therefore through grace and mercy from above, Paul lived again

God raised Paul back alive through having the spirit return to the body the same as for Jesus who gave up His Spirit to God. Paul did not have the necessary two witnesses to legally speak of what transpired while he was "in heaven" and without be commanded to do otherwise we do not know what was said. On the other hand we know he did not feel any different than what he did within his physical body that remained dead "on earth" until God sent the "spirit" back to Paul's "lifeless" body that was then made alive by the return of the spirit

When the spirit goes back to God, God alone holds the power over it (has the keys of hell and death) and as well as its future disposition and appointment

Been a hard week and I need to turn in

Blessings

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

However, the spirit/soul that is still alive is in a different and "higher" dimension than the level physical matter exists at even though they share the same world. (How Jesus said He was in heaven while still standing on earth when he said it)

Paul understood this and said the same thing of his experience when caught up in the spirit

2Cor.12 2 I knew a man in Christ above fourteen years ago, (whether in the body, I cannot tell; or whether out of the body, I cannot tell God knoweth ) such an one caught up to the third heaven.

3 And I knew such a man, (whether in the body, or out of the body, I cannot tell: God knoweth )

4 How that he was caught up into paradise, and heard unspeakable words, which it is not lawful for a man to utter.

Paul was "as if he was dead" after being stoned but when his body was taken out of the city where his friends gathered around his body and did what they were supposed to do......... Prayed for him, therefore through grace and mercy from above, Paul lived again

God raised Paul back alive through having the spirit return to the body the same as for Jesus who gave up His Spirit to God. Paul did not have the necessary two witnesses to legally speak of what transpired while he was "in heaven" and without be commanded to do otherwise we do not know what was said. On the other hand we know he did not feel any different than what he did within his physical body that remained dead "on earth" until God sent the "spirit" back to Paul's "lifeless" body that was then made alive by the return of the spirit

When the spirit goes back to God, God alone holds the power over it (has the keys of hell and death) and as well as its future disposition and appointment

Blessings

Soul means life.

When a person dies they have ceased living, their soul is dead, they are not conscious.

A persons spirit is NOT the soul and the spirit is not a conscious living person.

To say a spirit is the living person is the green light for satan to pretend that they are the dead person.

You do not really believe Jesus died, You think He was still alive.

Gross error on your part.

LA

Cross Reference

Blessings

Well stated, Lively.

If I were to add anything it would be re the part where God has power over it after the spirit [He gave that man become a living soul] leaves the body. It is an absolute thing God cannot change.
I Believe what He does with it is completely dependent, in a legal way, upon the disposition of the soul of the man 'surrendering' it upon the death of his body. If unto hell then hell, it will be sent. Likewise, if unto heaven, to heaven it will be sent __ all determined by the soul before it leaves the body. The grace of God had run its course and now the Holiness of God takes over.

May I ask that when you speak of God's law being kept, what are you considering God's law to be, the "Ten Commandments"?

Last edited: