ECT The Bread of Life

I.S.I.T.

Jesus said in John 6:33 "For the bread of God is he which cometh down from heaven, and giveth life unto the world." So who is he? Jesus said in John 6:48 "I am that bread of life." As he also confirmed here in John 6:35 "And Jesus said unto them, I am the bread of life: he that cometh to me shall never hunger; and he that believeth on me shall never thirst."

So what is this bread of life? Jesus said in John 6:53-57 "Then Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except ye eat the flesh of the Son of man, and drink his blood, ye have no life in you. Whoso eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, hath eternal life; and I will raise him up at the last day. For my flesh is meat indeed, and my blood is drink indeed.He that eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, dwelleth in me, and I in him. As the living Father hath sent me, and I live by the Father: so he that eateth me, even he shall live by me."

Ah, so His flesh is that bread of life. But what is his flesh, and what is that bread of life? The answer is found in He whom was made flesh. It is written in John 1:14 "And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth." So if God's Word was made flesh in Jesus, then what do we eat if we eat Jesus' flesh as he said above? That's right, we eat the bread of Life, which is also the Word of Life.

So who did the apostles see, and who did the apostles touch, and who did the apostles hear? We are also given that as well in 1 John 1:1 "That which was from the beginning, which we have heard, which we have seen with our eyes, which we have looked upon, and our hands have handled, of the Word of life;"

Yes, this is that bread of God that if a man eat he shall never hunger nor thirst again, this Living Manna that God shall give a man shall lead to eternal life. So why do men labor so hard for that which is not meat, and for that which shall never satisfy their hunger? Labor rather for the True bread that leads to eternal life.

John 6:27 "Labor not for the meat which perisheth, but for that meat which endureth unto everlasting life, which the Son of man shall give unto you: for him hath God the Father sealed."

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
:think:

:idea:

Spoiler
LeonSandwich.jpg

I.S.I.T.

Matthew 14:17
And they say unto him, We have here but five loaves, and two fishes.

Matthew 15:34
And Jesus saith unto them, How many loaves have ye? And they said, Seven, and a few little fishes.

5+7=12 :)

I.S.I.T.

1 Corinthians 10:17
For we being many are one bread, and one body: for we are all partakers of that one bread.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Revelation 10:9 KJV
(9) And I went unto the angel, and said unto him, Give me the little book. And he said unto me, Take it, and eat it up; and it shall make thy belly bitter, but it shall be in thy mouth sweet as honey.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Deuteronomy 11:29 KJV
(29) And it shall come to pass, when the LORD thy God hath brought thee in unto the land whither thou goest to possess it, that thou shalt put the blessing upon mount Gerizim, and the curse upon mount Ebal.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Joshua 8:33 KJV
(33) And all Israel, and their elders, and officers, and their judges, stood on this side the ark and on that side before the priests the Levites, which bare the ark of the covenant of the LORD, as well the stranger, as he that was born among them; half of them over against mount Gerizim, and half of them over against mount Ebal; as Moses the servant of the LORD had commanded before, that they should bless the people of Israel.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
I don't think anyone understood my answer. LOL :)

The question was, "Why were there two rows of six loaves in the temple?"

Leviticus 23:17 You shall bring from your dwellings two wave loaves of two-tenths of an ephah. They shall be of fine flour; they shall be baked with leaven. They are the firstfruits to the LORD.

I.S.I.T.

The question was, "Why were there two rows of six loaves in the temple?"

Leviticus 23:17 You shall bring from your dwellings two wave loaves of two-tenths of an ephah. They shall be of fine flour; they shall be baked with leaven. They are the firstfruits to the LORD.

You are in the wrong part of the law, the question was about the 12 loaves, not 2. You are on the right track with the thought of the "firstfruits" but you are in the wrong section of the law.

Here is the command

Leviticus 24

24 And the Lord spake unto Moses, saying,

2 Command the children of Israel, that they bring unto thee pure oil olive beaten for the light, to cause the lamps to burn continually.

3 Without the vail of the testimony, in the tabernacle of the congregation, shall Aaron order it from the evening unto the morning before the Lord continually: it shall be a statute for ever in your generations.

4 He shall order the lamps upon the pure candlestick before the Lord continually.

5 And thou shalt take fine flour, and bake twelve cakes thereof: two tenth deals shall be in one cake.

6 And thou shalt set them in two rows, six on a row, upon the pure table before the Lord.

7 And thou shalt put pure frankincense upon each row, that it may be on the bread for a memorial, even an offering made by fire unto the Lord.

8 Every sabbath he shall set it in order before the Lord continually, being taken from the children of Israel by an everlasting covenant.

This bread speaks of the body of Christ that was to be broken and fed to the multitudes, and the remnant that remained would be gathered back up and given to the priesthood. This breaking of the bread is shown in the 2 separate feedings of the multitudes by Jesus, 5 barely loaves used in the first feeding, and 7 used in the second feeding of the multitudes. That's why I showed 5 + 7= 12.

Another sign of the first 5 loaves was also shown with David, this bread is also known as the shew bread, or bread of memorial.

1 Samuel 21

21 Then came David to Nob to Ahimelech the priest: and Ahimelech was afraid at the meeting of David, and said unto him, Why art thou alone, and no man with thee?

2 And David said unto Ahimelech the priest, The king hath commanded me a business, and hath said unto me, Let no man know any thing of the business whereabout I send thee, and what I have commanded thee: and I have appointed my servants to such and such a place.

3 Now therefore what is under thine hand? give me five loaves of bread in mine hand, or what there is present.

4 And the priest answered David, and said, There is no common bread under mine hand, but there is hallowed bread; if the young men have kept themselves at least from women.

5 And David answered the priest, and said unto him, Of a truth women have been kept from us about these three days, since I came out, and the vessels of the young men are holy, and the bread is in a manner common, yea, though it were sanctified this day in the vessel.

6 So the priest gave him hallowed bread: for there was no bread there but the shewbread, that was taken from before the Lord, to put hot bread in the day when it was taken away.