Status
Not open for further replies.

Jefferson

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Stephen Hawking's Big Chance

Tuesday June 27th, 2006. This is show #127.

PERTINENT QUOTE OF THE SHOW:
There's a huge asteroid that's headed generally in our direction. ...Astronomers estimate it's about a half mile in diameter. ...And it will pass about the same distance from us as the moon is. ...Now I know that Stephen Hawking is very worried about ...whether we can survive on earth because of global warming. And I was thinking that maybe Bill Gates and Warren Buffett could chip in, and if there's enough time, get him on a space ship and let him hitch a ride on this asteroid and get out of here while there's still time.
Summary:
* Prison is too weak a punishment for criminals.
* Half-mile asteroid will pass near the Earth on Monday, giving Stephen Hawking a chance to hitch a ride to escape global warming.
* The Big Chill: Bush wants to stop global warming.
* Liberals and libraries excited about sex-ed book for four-year-olds.
* Palestinians claim they are ready to equip the Kassam rockets that they fire daily at Israel with their new chemical and biological weapons. Meanwhile, this just in, Israel has just destroyed a strategic Gaza bridge as their IDF action begins...
* Japan agrees to deployment of Patriot missiles to safeguard it against North Korea's missiles. America's right-wing missile defense technology can help protect many nations against aggressors and the occasional berserk leader.
Today's Resource: Find out the extraordinary and little-known Bible story of Whatever Happened to The Tree of the Knowledge of Good and Evil? You'll a-b-s-o-l-u-t-e-l-y LOVE IT (or your money back)!

spaz

BANNED
Banned
Why are you considered a liberal if you believe that human pollution is contributing to the heating of the Earth?

CapnFungi

Maybe I can get some people to join him and they'll be the "neo heavens gate"

since the comet didn't work.. they can try an asteroid

Status
Not open for further replies.