Spurgeonics

fzappa13

More evidence of your Psalms bias.

:)

There's so much meat in the Psalms and Proverbs...I had to get a bigger fork.

You have an immensely sweet spirit. May God continue using you as an instrument of righteousness in His mighty Hand.

God bless you Psalmist.

BTW - I have seen your requests in the Prayer thread and am delighted to carry you before the Throne of Grace.

He's TOL's unofficial Granddad.

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
So Christ has chosen His church to be married to Him, she has not yet put on her bridal garment and all that beautiful array in which she will stand before the Fathers throne, but not withstanding, there is such a fitness in her to be the bride of Christ, when she will have bathed herself for a little while, and lain for a little while in the bed of spices. There is such a fitness in her character, such a grace-given apaptation in her to become the royal bride of her glorious Lord and to become a partaker of the enjoyments of bliss.

It may be said of the church as a whole and of every single member of it that they are "meet for the inheritance of the saints in light"

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
Men by nature are all dead, We see Jairus's daughter, she lies on her bed, she seems as though she were still alive, her mother has scarce ceased to kiss her brow, her hand still warm in her father's loving grasp, he can scarcely think that she is dead, but dead she is, as thoroughly dead as ever she can be.

Then there is the case of the young man at Nain, not only is he dead but corruption has begun to take hold on him, the signs of decay are upon his face as they carry him out to his tomb. Yet truly he is not more dead than the little maid, they are both just as surely dead, there are no degrees in death.

We see an even greater manifestation of death in Lazarus, Martha cries out " Lord by now he stinketh" for he had been dead for 4 days. And yet mark you Jairus's daughter was as dead as Lazarus, the manifestation of death was not so great in her case.

I have in this congregation some blessed beings, fair to look upon, fair in their character also as well as their outward appearance. They have about them everything that is good and lovely but mark this, if they are unregenerate this morning they are just as dead as the examples I have given from scripture.

You have all that heart could wish for except for one most needful thing, you have everything except love to the Saviour. You are not united to Him by a living faith.

Ah then I grieve to say it but ye are dead, as much dead as the worst case I have quoted to you, as great sinners as the very worst of men....only the manifestation is not yet as full and apparent in you yet as it will become.

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
As many as received Him to them gave He power to become the sons of God....even to those that believe on His name

This reception of Christ consisted in faith in Him, He was a stranger and they took Him in, He was food and they fed on Him. He was Living Water and they drank of Him. They received Him as the Light of the world and He became the Light of their lives.

He was LIFE and they lived on the LIFE which they received.

It is a beautiful description of faith the act of receiving. As the empty cup receives from the fountain that flows so do we receive Christ into our emptiness. We were poor and naked and miserable and we came to Him and received riches and clothing and happiness.

I know what you have been trying to do, you have been trying to give Christ something. Let me caution you against a very common expression nowadays. I constantly hear converts being told to "give their hearts to Jesus" It is quite correct and I hope that they will do so.

But your FIRST concern must be not what you give to Jesus but what Jesus gives to you. He gives Himself to you as a gift, receive Him as your Saviour then your heart will be glad and you will gladly give it to Him.

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
It is a wonderful doxology which John has given to us "unto to Him that loved us and washed us from our sins in His own blood and hath made us kings and priests unto God and His Father. To Him be glory and dominion forever and ever amen"

I like the Revised Version for it's illiteration in this case, although I cannot prefer it for other reasons. It runs thus "unto Him that loveth us and loosed us from our sins by His blood." Truly our Redeemer has loosed us from our sins, but the mention of blood suggests washing rather than loosing.

We can keep the illiteration and yet retain the meaning of cleansing if we read the passage "unto Him who hath loved us and laved us" carry those two words home with you "loved us and laved us." Let them lie upon your tongue to sweeten your breath for prayer and praise."unto Him that hath loved us and laved us be glory and dominion for ever and ever amen."

Zeke

It is a wonderful doxology which John has given to us "unto to Him that loved us and washed us from our sins in His own blood and hath made us kings and priests unto God and His Father. To Him be glory and dominion forever and ever amen"

I like the Revised Version for it's illiteration in this case, although I cannot prefer it for other reasons. It runs thus "unto Him that loveth us and loosed us from our sins by His blood." Truly our Redeemer has loosed us from our sins, but the mention of blood suggests washing rather than loosing.

We can keep the illiteration and yet retain the meaning of cleansing if we read the passage "unto Him who hath loved us and laved us" carry those two words home with you "loved us and laved us." Let them lie upon your tongue to sweeten your breath for prayer and praise."unto Him that hath loved us and laved us be glory and dominion for ever and ever amen."

Yet flesh and blood inherits what? the cleansing is from the temporal persona that is in need of being purged of reliance on another persona operating under the same perceptions of exclusive belief systems that excludes other beliefs under the same delusional influence, folly being the fruit of the podium pounding preacher under hypnosis of theology/talmudic programming, grace being a oxymoron/step child used to defuse and deflect it's true mission of brain washing the masses under various labels that work to keep man deluded under the superior race syndrome.