ECT Spiritual adultery, what is it?

Cross Reference

But we HAVE abandoned our lives to Christ.....but some immediately backslide.....the church has ALWAYS backslid whether the Jewish OT church or the NT church. The consequences of that are in Christ's hands but whatever consequence there are they cannot include damnation ... for we are saved.

If you have abandoned your life to Christ, as you say, how is it you backslided? And is that not an example of "spiritual adultery" if, indeed you were married to Jesus from the start?

Paul never speaks in a way like "let us have the mind of Christ...or we will be damned" that isn't how it is....Paul never threatens ANY saint with damnation. People fall away from Christ, that is they lose the sense of His immediate Presence, they suffer loss of joy, peace....their prayer life dries up, the bible becomes hard and onerous [so people run to the theology shop]
Get away from your twisting of the words. I just gave you his mindset. Was there a warning of damnation is any of it?

However, He does this: "And you, that were sometime alienated and enemies in your mind by wicked works, yet now hath he reconciled in the body of his flesh through death, to present you holy and unblameable and unreproveable in his sight: If ye continue in the faith grounded and settled, and be not moved away from the hope of the gospel, which ye have heard, and which was preached to every creature which is under heaven; whereof I Paul am made a minister" Colossians 1:21-23 (KJV)

The answer to all this is to remember that from which we are fallen, go back, back to the cross, back to our espousals, back to our first love.

Yes, and while you are at it, learn how to live by the faith OF the Son of God ___ and not your own, that we live in and by His Life, not ours.

Last edited:

God's Truth

But we HAVE abandoned our lives to Christ.....but some immediately backslide.....the church has ALWAYS backslid whether the Jewish OT church or the NT church. The consequences of that are in Christ's hands but whatever consequence there are they cannot include damnation ... for we are saved.

Paul never speaks in a way like "let us have the mind of Christ...or we will be damned" that isn't how it is....Paul never threatens ANY saint with damnation. People fall away from Christ, that is they lose the sense of His immediate Presence, they suffer loss of joy, peace....their prayer life dries up, the bible becomes hard and onerous [so people run to the theology shop]

The answer to all this is to remember that from which we are fallen, go back, back to the cross, back to our espousals, back to our first love.

Philippians 2:12 Therefore, my dear friends, as you have always obeyed--not only in my presence, but now much more in my absence--continue to work out your salvation with fear and trembling

2 Thessalonians 3:14 If anyone does not obey our instruction in this letter, take special note of him. Do not associate with him, in order that he may feel ashamed.

1 Corinthians 15:2 By this gospel you are saved, if you hold firmly to the word I preached to you. Otherwise, you have believed in vain.

1 Corinthians 10:12 So, if you think you are standing firm, be careful that you don't fall!

Romans 11:22 Consider therefore the kindness and sternness of God: sternness to those who fell, but kindness to you, provided that you continue in his kindness. Otherwise, you also will be cut off.

Galatians 3:4 Have you experienced so much in vain--if it really was in vain?

Romans 2:3 So when you, a mere human being, pass judgment on them and yet do the same things, do you think you will escape God’s judgment?

1 Corinthians 11:31 But if we were more discerning with regard to ourselves, we would not come under such judgment.

1 Timothy 3:6 He must not be a recent convert, or he may become conceited and fall under the same judgment as the devil.

1 Corinthians 9:27 No, I strike a blow to my body and make it my slave so that after I have preached to others, I myself will not be disqualified for the prize.

See 2 Corinthians 13:5, Hebrews 10:31, Luke 12:46, Galatians 4:19, John 15:6, Luke 13:28, Matthew 8:12, and Matthew 5:13.

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
If you have abandoned your life to Christ, as you say, how is it you backslided? And is that not an example of "spiritual adultery" if, indeed you were married to Jesus from the start?

Get away from your twisting of the words. I just gave you his mindset. Was there a warning of damnation is any of it?

However, He does this: "And you, that were sometime alienated and enemies in your mind by wicked works, yet now hath he reconciled in the body of his flesh through death, to present you holy and unblameable and unreproveable in his sight: If ye continue in the faith grounded and settled, and be not moved away from the hope of the gospel, which ye have heard, and which was preached to every creature which is under heaven; whereof I Paul am made a minister" Colossians 1:21-23 (KJV)

Yes, and while you are at it, learn how to live by the faith OF the Son of God ___ and not your own, that we live in and by His Life, not ours.

Do you know what rises up in you in anger when you posted this? it is your pride.

I never said I backslid....I continue in the faith, grounded and settled....I have not moved away from the gospel which I heard.

you have

You are the one who is unsettled and ungrounded, always fretting, looking over your shoulder. You have moved AWAY from simply believing that Jesus has done all that was necessary to purchase for us full salvation.

You have turned back to your own arm of flesh...which is an abomination to the Lord.

Cross Reference

Do you know what rises up in you in anger when you posted this? it is your pride.

Another sick judgment call on your part. I am not angry as you continually suppose. Why not not try to figure out a way to handle understanding you have never been exposed to?

I never said I backslid....I continue in the faith, grounded and settled....I have not moved away from the gospel which I heard.
You implied it. You used the word that could be taken to be a confession. Personally, I believe you are very presumptuous. You don't even know who or what you are.

I have?? How do you know?? Have we ever met??

You are the one who is unsettled and ungrounded, always fretting, looking over your shoulder. You have moved AWAY from simply believing that Jesus has done all that was necessary to purchase for us full salvation.

Oh, it is initial salvation we are talking about. I see. You just can't leave that issue alone and move in Christ to be what He WOULD HAVE YOU TO BE SINCE YOU FIRST BELIEVED? You must be one wilfully ignorant babe. I think you have been trying all these years to bring down everyone to your level of understanding the scriptures you deem more intelligent than you. Could that be the problem? If so, I would say you are on the wrong forum.

You have turned back to your own arm of flesh...which is an abomination to the Lord.
And you need help.

Are you and GT related __ maybe the same person?

On Topic: You have proven to me that spiritual adultery is not an issue with you. For it to be one for anybody, one must first have to be married to Jesus Christ. You are not married to Jesus Christ. If you believe you are or maybe not so sure but understand and are striving to be one in Him, your reply will reveal it.

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
Don't tell me you are not a grump...you are, read your posts.

You make holiness a drudge, it is YOUR generation of Pentecostals that did this.....that is why Pentecostalism has been until recently in the wilderness.

Holiness is a thing to be greatly desired.

Cross Reference

Don't tell me you are not a grump...you are, read your posts.

You make holiness a drudge, it is YOUR generation of Pentecostals that did this.....that is why Pentecostalism has been until recently in the wilderness.

Holiness is a thing to be greatly desired.

Then get on with it and stop criticizing others who know more than you do. You are a pain in the neck.

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
Then get on with it and stop criticizing others who know more than you do. You are a pain in the neck.

Just receive, it is a precious free gift it is for you...providing you will stop trying to earn it.

That is what makes you angry...you are like the other brother

God's Truth

you have

You judge Cross Reference and are not unlike him/her.

Cross Reference

"Then saith he to his servants, The wedding is ready, but they which were bidden were not worthy". Matthew 22:8 (KJV)

What does it mean: "They were not worthy"? Obviously, at some point in time they were made worthy so why is it now they were not worthy? Could it be this:

"And Jesus said unto him, No man, having put his hand to the plough, and looking back, is fit for the kingdom of God." Luke 9:62 (KJV)

Is this not a case of spiritual adultery?

God's Truth

"Then saith he to his servants, The wedding is ready, but they which were bidden were not worthy". Matthew 22:8 (KJV)

What does it mean: "They were not worthy"? Obviously, at some point in time they were made worthy so why is it now they were not worthy? Could it be this:

"And Jesus said unto him, No man, having put his hand to the plough, and looking back, is fit for the kingdom of God." Luke 9:62 (KJV)

Is this not a case of spiritual adultery?

They were not worthy because they did not accept the invitation with great joy.