ECT Sharing the gospel, how do you do it?

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
How do you share the gospel? I can think of sharing Bible verses or the truth of God's word, including that Jesus died for us for the forgiveness of our sins. Sharing through friendship and sharing in love.

oatmeal

How do you share the gospel? I can think of sharing Bible verses or the truth of God's word, including that Jesus died for us for the forgiveness of our sins. Sharing through friendship and sharing in love.

How?

Ephesians 4:15 is supposed to be how.

But speaking the truth in love, may grow up into him in all things, which is the head, even Christ:

That takes effort and knowledge and wisdom and understanding of scriptures by faithful practice to achieve that on a consistent basis.

Ephesians 4:15 Amp is instructive.

Rather, let our lives lovingly express truth [in all things, speaking truly, dealing truly, living truly]. Enfolded in love, let us grow up in every way and in all things into Him Who is the Head, [even] Christ (the Messiah, the Anointed One).

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
We can share God's truth with those who are already believers. We should share the truth in love. What about with those who are not believers? Does the verse say we should share the truth in love with them? Even if it does not say that, we still should. What does the verse say about your audience?

I guess we need to read the verse in context.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Ephesians 4:11 NASB - And He gave some as apostles, and some as prophets, and some as evangelists, and some as pastors and teachers,

Ephesians 4:12 NASB - for the equipping of the saints for the work of service, to the building up of the body of Christ;

Ephesians 4:13 NASB - until we all attain to the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, to a mature man, to the measure of the stature which belongs to the fullness of Christ.

Ephesians 4:14 NASB - As a result, we are no longer to be children, tossed here and there by waves and carried about by every wind of doctrine, by the trickery of men, by craftiness in deceitful scheming;

Ephesians 4:15 NASB - but speaking the truth in love, we are to grow up in all aspects into Him who is the head, even Christ,

Ephesians 4:16 NASB - from whom the whole body, being fitted and held together by what every joint supplies, according to the proper working of each individual part, causes the growth of the body for the building up of itself in love.

Ephesians 4:17 NASB - So this I say, and affirm together with the Lord, that you walk no longer just as the Gentiles also walk, in the futility of their mind,

Ephesians 4:18 NASB - being darkened in their understanding, excluded from the life of God because of the ignorance that is in them, because of the hardness of their heart;

Ephesians 4:19 NASB - and they, having become callous, have given themselves over to sensuality for the practice of every kind of impurity with greediness.

Ephesians 4:20 NASB - But you did not learn Christ in this way,

Ephesians 4:21 NASB - if indeed you have heard Him and have been taught in Him, just as truth is in Jesus,

Ephesians 4:22 NASB - that, in reference to your former manner of life, you lay aside the old self, which is being corrupted in accordance with the lusts of deceit,

Ephesians 4:23 NASB - and that you be renewed in the spirit of your mind,

Ephesians 4:24 NASB - and put on the new self, which in the likeness
of God has been created in righteousness and holiness of the truth.

Ephesians 4:25 NASB - Therefore, laying aside falsehood, SPEAK TRUTH EACH ONE of you WITH HIS NEIGHBOR, for we are members of one another.

DAN P

Hi , and start with ;

#1 , Rom 3:23

#2 , Rom 6:23

#3 , Rom 10:9 -11

dan p

Word based mystic

:up: wow what a question. nice

1 cor 9:22 To the weak I became weak, that I might win the weak; I have become all things to all men, so that I may by all means save some. 23 I do all things for the sake of the gospel, so that I may become a fellow partaker of it.

I posted an earlier thread asking people what personal gifts or talents you use to reach the lost. Not much activity.

Use whatever God has developed in character and gifts.

join a volunteer organization that helps charity or need based situations.

I do lots of friendship evangelism to neighbors and businesses i deal with and take the long view over months and years. Most people will see the kindness and Love of God through you then usually ask questions.

other times I get a nudge from the Holy spirit to be assertive and share the gospel immediately.

other times i go on 2 week mission trips/outreaches.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
:up: wow what a question. nice

1 cor 9:22 To the weak I became weak, that I might win the weak; I have become all things to all men, so that I may by all means save some. 23 I do all things for the sake of the gospel, so that I may become a fellow partaker of it.

I posted an earlier thread asking people what personal gifts or talents you use to reach the lost. Not much activity.

Use whatever God has developed in character and gifts.

join a volunteer organization that helps charity or need based situations.

I do lots of friendship evangelism to neighbors and businesses i deal with and take the long view over months and years. Most people will see the kindness and Love of God through you then usually ask questions.

other times I get a nudge from the Holy spirit to be assertive and share the gospel immediately.

other times i go on 2 week mission trips/outreaches.

Shalom.

I hope you continue to grow in God and Christ, or in the knowledge of our Messiah and God's word, even the words of Yeshua God's Son, the Messiah.

Shalom.

Jacob

Interplanner

To insure that an evangelistic attempt is also a friendship, it is important to not be in the role of informer at first and to ask lots of questions. It is especially helpful to ask them what the Gospel is. That sounds strange, but is great recon for any situation.

I have an additional advantage in that I am a story producer (short novels, scripts, clients) and so even if a person doesn't want to talk about themselves, they will want to help on a feature film script and talk about a character or a twist in a story and why it is there, and this builds up a knowledge of what the Christian message is.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
We can share God's truth with those who are already believers. We should share the truth in love. What about with those who are not believers? Does the verse say we should share the truth in love with them? Even if it does not say that, we still should. What does the verse say about your audience?

I guess we need to read the verse in context.

I said
Remember this.

Mat 7:6

“Do not give what is holy to the dogs; nor cast your pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet, and turn and tear you in pieces.

dodge

What is the gospel preached to Abraham?
What is the gospel of the kingdom?
What is the gospel of God?
What is the gospel of Christ?
What is the gospel of the grace of God?

Since no one was ever saved by their works there is only "one"Gospel.

Eph 1:7
In whom we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of his grace;

If the blood of Jesus is not applied there is NO salvation.

DAN P

Since no one was ever saved by their works there is only "one"Gospel.

Eph 1:7
In whom we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of his grace;

If the blood of Jesus is not applied there is NO salvation.

Hi and the Greek word WE HAVE / ECHO speaks to only the DISPENSATION of nthe GRACE of God as written by Paul as WE HAVE is in the PRESENT TENSE for today !!

Not by Jesus , nor by Peter nor by the LAW !!

The CONTEXT is for today , PERIOD !!

dan p

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
I said
Remember this.

Mat 7:6

“Do not give what is holy to the dogs; nor cast your pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet, and turn and tear you in pieces.

Shalom. Very good. Shalom. Now what does this mean?

Shalom.

Jacob.