Shalom. The Torah, the TaNaKh, the Bible.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Shalom.

Today is Chamishi, 3-21, here in the United States of America. I am a Jew, of Israel, and a citizen of the United States of America.

The Torah is God's Instruction or Direction for us who are of Israel. This is Scripture. These five books have been called the Five Books of Moses, the Law, and the Law of Moses. Some refer to these books as the Old Covenant or the Old Testament, and some refer to these as the Pentateuch. These have been called the Jewish Bible. These five books are the first five of the 22 books of the TaNaKh and the 39 books of the Christian Old Covenant or Old Testament.

The TaNaKh is the Torah (Law) the Nevi'im (Prophets) and the Kethuvim (Writings). These are the Hebrew Scriptures, the Scriptures, Scripture, the Hebrew Bible, and in a different order and number of books the Christian Old Covenant or Old Testament.

The Bible is made up of the TaNaKh or Old Covenant / Old Testament and the 27 books from Matthew to Revelation often called the New Covenant or the New Testament.

The books of the Bible are not the Covenants or Testaments contained within them. Except that the Torah is often referred to as the Old Covenant or the Old Testament.

2 Corinthians 3:14 KJV - 14 But their minds were blinded: for until this day remaineth the same vail untaken away in the reading of the old testament; which vail is done away in Christ.

2 Corinthians 3:14 NKJV - 14 But their minds were blinded. For until this day the same veil remains unlifted in the reading of the Old Testament, because the veil is taken away in Christ.

2 Corinthians 3:14 NASB - 14 But their minds were hardened; for until this very day at the reading of the old covenant the same veil remains unlifted, because it is removed in Christ.

There is a covenant that God made with the people of Israel at Mount Sinai. It is the Ten Commandments.

Deuteronomy 4:13 NASB - 13 "So He declared to you His covenant which He commanded you to perform, that is, the Ten Commandments; and He wrote them on two tablets of stone.

The people broke the covenant so God said that He would make a new covenant, not like the old. This is recorded in Jeremiah 31:31-34.

Jeremiah 31:31-34 NASB - 31 "Behold, days are coming," declares the LORD, "when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah, 32 not like the covenant which I made with their fathers in the day I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt, My covenant which they broke, although I was a husband to them," declares the LORD. 33 "But this is the covenant which I will make with the house of Israel after those days," declares the LORD, "I will put My law within them and on their heart I will write it; and I will be their God, and they shall be My people. 34 "They will not teach again, each man his neighbor and each man his brother, saying, 'Know the LORD,' for they will all know Me, from the least of them to the greatest of them," declares the LORD, "for I will forgive their iniquity, and their sin I will remember no more."

In Matthew 5:17-20, Yeshua (Jesus), the Messiah, the Prophet foretold, and the only begotten Son of God, who brought the new covenant, a covenant in His own blood in that He died for the forgiveness of sins (both Israel's sins and the sins of the world), it is said that those who keep and teach the Commandments found in the Law will be called great in the kingdom of heaven.

Matthew 5:17-20 NASB - 17 "Do not think that I came to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I did not come to abolish but to fulfill. 18 "For truly I say to you, until heaven and earth pass away, not the smallest letter or stroke shall pass from the Law until all is accomplished. 19 "Whoever then annuls one of the least of these commandments, and teaches others to do the same, shall be called least in the kingdom of heaven; but whoever keeps and teaches them, he shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven. 20 "For I say to you that unless your righteousness surpasses that of the scribes and Pharisees, you will not enter the kingdom of heaven.

Here is where the new covenant in Jesus' blood is spoken of in the Bible with the words blood and covenant.

Matthew 26:28 NASB - 28 for this is My blood of the covenant, which is poured out for many for forgiveness of sins.

Mark 14:24 NASB - 24 And He said to them, "This is My blood of the covenant, which is poured out for many.

Luke 22:20 NASB - 20 And in the same way He took the cup after they had eaten, saying, "This cup which is poured out for you is the new covenant in My blood.

1 Corinthians 11:25 NASB - 25 In the same way He took the cup also after supper, saying, "This cup is the new covenant in My blood; do this, as often as you drink it, in remembrance of Me."

Hebrews 10:29 NASB - 29 How much severer punishment do you think he will deserve who has trampled under foot the Son of God, and has regarded as unclean the blood of the covenant by which he was sanctified, and has insulted the Spirit of grace?

Hebrews 12:24 NASB - 24 and to Jesus, the mediator of a new covenant, and to the sprinkled blood, which speaks better than the blood of Abel.

Hebrews 13:20 NASB - 20 Now the God of peace, who brought up from the dead the great Shepherd of the sheep through the blood of the eternal covenant, even Jesus our Lord,

I hope that this is helpful to someone.

Joel 2:32 NKJV - 32 And it shall come to pass That whoever calls on the name of the LORD Shall be saved. For in Mount Zion and in Jerusalem there shall be deliverance, As the LORD has said, Among the remnant whom the LORD calls.

Acts 2:21 NKJV - 21 And it shall come to pass That whoever calls on the name of the LORD Shall be saved.'

Romans 10:13 NKJV - 13 For "whoever calls on the name of the LORD shall be saved."

Romans 10:8-10 NKJV - 8 But what does it say? "The word is near you, in your mouth and in your heart" (that is, the word of faith which we preach): 9 that if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. 10 For with the heart one believes unto righteousness, and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

Shalom.

Jacob

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Shalom.

Discuss. What is your takeaway from this? What would you like to hear more about? What can you contribute to this topic? Do you have any questions or comments for me?

Shalom.

Jacob