Scriptures addressing the pres. Election of '16

lighthouse99

Here is one of the best scripture passages I can think of concerning the presidential race (one i would like all candidates to remember, but of course, i won't be holding my breath on that one :():

“Seek ye first the Kingdom of Heaven…[not the things of this earth like power and greed and popularity, etc] and all these things [things of lesser importance, but things you humans nonetheless always think are of such HUGE importance] will be added unto you” (Mt 6:33)

Daniel1769

Here's one.

Psalm 2:1-6
Why do the heathen rage, and the people imagine a vain thing?

2 The kings of the earth set themselves, and the rulers take counsel together, against the Lord, and against his anointed, saying,

3 Let us break their bands asunder, and cast away their cords from us.

4 He that sitteth in the heavens shall laugh: the Lord shall have them in derision.

5 Then shall he speak unto them in his wrath, and vex them in his sore displeasure.

6 Yet have I set my king upon my holy hill of Zion.

Daniel1769

And another good one.

Isaiah 40:17
All nations before him are as nothing; and they are counted to him less than nothing, and vanity.

lighthouse99

Here's one.

Psalm 2:1-6
Why do the heathen rage, and the people imagine a vain thing?

2 The kings of the earth set themselves, and the rulers take counsel together, against the Lord, and against his anointed, saying,

3 Let us break their bands asunder, and cast away their cords from us.

4 He that sitteth in the heavens shall laugh: the Lord shall have them in derision.

5 Then shall he speak unto them in his wrath, and vex them in his sore displeasure.

6 Yet have I set my king upon my holy hill of Zion.

yes, but we Christians may not get anything like this kind of justice in THIS life.

the unborn certainly do not get justice, do they?

:luigi:

john w

Hall of Fame
None of those scriptures apply today, in the dispensation of the grace of God, during the mystery program. The LORD God is not dealing with nations, now, but individuals from nations.

Get with the program-accept it.

EOT. CLOSED. DOA, RIP. CONDOLENCES.

lighthouse99

And another good one.

Isaiah 40:17
All nations before him are as nothing; and they are counted to him less than nothing, and vanity.

true, but the USA at least has potential. At least the USA doesn't oppress EVERYONE (although i believe it is getting there)

again, look at the unborn children who get no due process before they are tortured and then executed. No equal protection for them, no right to "Life, [liberty, etc] for them

:(

lighthouse99

None of those scriptures apply today, in the dispensation of the grace of God, during the mystery program. The LORD God is not dealing with nations, now, but individuals from nations.

Get with the program-accept it.

EOT. CLOSED. DOA, RIP. CONDOLENCES.

what?

:confused:

sounds like whiskey overload

:confused:

Daniel1769

true, but the USA at least has potential. At least the USA doesn't oppress EVERYONE (although i believe it is getting there)

again, look at the unborn children who get no due process before they are tortured and then executed. No equal protection for them, no right to "Life, [liberty, etc] for them

:(

America kills 3,000 babies per day in abortion clinics. I doubt God has anything but derision for the US government.

lighthouse99

America kills 3,000 babies per day in abortion clinics. I doubt God has anything but derision for the US government.

i doubt you are right about that last sentence. Almost every country in the world has abortion, but nt every country corrects itself. We corrected ourselves on slavery and women being equal (more or less on both of those) and we may correct ourselves on abortion. Yes, it is taking forever, but it could happen. First it would be nice to have a presidnt like Cruz who believes ALL humans are important and should not be deprived of life w/o due process, evn if conceived in rape or incest. He and Huckabee and Paul are the only ones who believe that

which is pathetic (that all the Rs don't) , but at least 3 of them..

:think: