JAG

The above title is from a current {2/18/2021} article published by
Hillsdale College.

Here is one excerpt from that article:

"Worse, we hear so-called experts on TV warning that social
distancing, masks, and other restrictions will still be necessary
after people are vaccinated! All indications are that those in power
have no intention of allowing Americans to live normally—which
for Americans means to live freely—again.

And sadly, just as in Galileo’s time, the root of our problem lies
in “the experts” and vested academic interests. At many
universities—which are supposed to be America’s centers
for critical thinking—those with views contrary to those of
“the experts” currently in power find themselves intimidated.
Many have become afraid to speak up."

Link:
Science, Politics, and COVID: Will Truth Prevail? - Imprimis (hillsdale.edu)

JAG

PS
This article is packed with jewels of truth regarding Covie.

My view:
Covie is on the run.
Covie, he soon be Walgreen'd to death.
Walgreens and many other outlets are vac'ing Americans galore.
Signs up everywhere: Come on in & get vac'd.

The good news:
Dr. Foochie will soon be demonstrated wrong one more time.
"Americans should never shake hands again."__Dr. Foochie
No more hugs either, eh,? Dr. Foochie.
LOL
Crazy world out there.

chair

The restrictions will gradually be lifted once enough people are vaccinated. There is still concern about the different variants, so it needs to be done slowly. Here (Israel) restrictions are already being gradually loosened.

expos4ever

"Worse, we hear so-called experts on TV warning that social
distancing, masks, and other restrictions will still be necessary
after people are vaccinated!
Bad argument.

Here is why masks should still be worn (as well as other measures) Source: Cleveland Clinic.

1. It takes time for the vaccine to kick in.
2. The vaccines do not provide 100% protection.
3. Those who have been vaccinated might be asymptomatic spreaders.
4. We still need to protect those with compromised immune systems and those who can’t be vaccinated.

Number 3, in particular, needs to be stressed. What many people do not realize is that the vaccines have only been shown to reduce the risk of serious illness, not to reduce the risk of getting infected (and hence being than able to infect others).

expos4ever

Scott Atlas? Surely ye jest. I could have guessed the author of the article in post 1 was someone non-credible. From wikipedia:

Atlas's influence on policy has alarmed many doctors and health experts. In September 2020, 78 of Atlas's former colleagues at the Stanford Medical School signed an open letter criticizing Atlas, writing that he had made "falsehoods and misrepresentations of science" that "run counter to established science" and "undermine public health authorities and the credible science that guides effective public health policy." Atlas's lawyer Marc Kasowitz threatened to sue the researchers.

Atlas's comment urging Michiganders to "rise up" against measures to prevent COVID-19 transmission was widely condemned by health professionals and by Stanford University, home of the Hoover Institute where Atlas is a senior fellow. In November 2020, Michigan Governor Gretchen Whitmer denounced the tweet as "incredibly reckless" and Fauci said: "I totally disagree with it, and I made no secret of that. ... I don't want to say anything against Dr. Atlas as a person but I totally disagree with the stand he takes. I just do, period."

The same month, the Stanford University Faculty Senate, by an 85% vote, adopted a resolution condemning Atlas for his actions that "promote a view of COVID-19 that contradicts medical science." The resolution cited Atlas's statements and said they endanger the public

eider

Scott Atlas? Surely ye jest. I could have guessed the author of the article in post 1 was someone non-credible. From wikipedia:

Atlas's influence on policy has alarmed many doctors and health experts. In September 2020, 78 of Atlas's former colleagues at the Stanford Medical School signed an open letter criticizing Atlas, writing that he had made "falsehoods and misrepresentations of science" that "run counter to established science" and "undermine public health authorities and the credible science that guides effective public health policy." Atlas's lawyer Marc Kasowitz threatened to sue the researchers.

Atlas's comment urging Michiganders to "rise up" against measures to prevent COVID-19 transmission was widely condemned by health professionals and by Stanford University, home of the Hoover Institute where Atlas is a senior fellow. In November 2020, Michigan Governor Gretchen Whitmer denounced the tweet as "incredibly reckless" and Fauci said: "I totally disagree with it, and I made no secret of that. ... I don't want to say anything against Dr. Atlas as a person but I totally disagree with the stand he takes. I just do, period."

The same month, the Stanford University Faculty Senate, by an 85% vote, adopted a resolution condemning Atlas for his actions that "promote a view of COVID-19 that contradicts medical science." The resolution cited Atlas's statements and said they endanger the public
Thanks for that info......
In the UK we will still keep masks, distancing, limited travel and isolations until covid is reduced.

But at least the OP does support vaccination.

Reactions: JAG

Hilltrot

And sadly, just as in Galileo’s time, the root of our problem lies
in “the experts” and vested academic interests. At many
universities—which are supposed to be America’s centers
for critical thinking—those with views contrary to those of
“the experts” currently in power find themselves intimidated.
Many have become afraid to speak up."
The problem with this is that Galileo was and is not correct. So, they gave a very poor example.