ECT ROM 13:11 ESCAPES MOST !!

turbosixx

#4 In other words it speaks to the Departure of the Body of Christ and also speaks of OSAS !!

If you believe Paul preaches OSAS and understand Greek maybe you can help me understand this passage. Paul is telling Christians to run in such as way as to win. If they are already saved, haven’t they won already?

1 Cor. 9:24 Do you not know that those who run in a race all run, but only one receives the prize? Run in such a way that you may win.

Then he says that he has to keep his body under control so that he won’t be “disqualified”.
25 Everyone who competes in the games exercises self-control in all things. They then do it to receive a perishable wreath, but we an imperishable. 26 Therefore I run in such a way, as not without aim; I box in such a way, as not beating the air; 27 but I discipline my body and make it my slave, so that, after I have preached to others, I myself will not be disqualified.

The Greek word here is:
adokimos: failing to pass the test
Original Word: ἀδόκιμος, ον
Part of Speech: Adjective
Transliteration: adokimos
Phonetic Spelling: (ad-ok'-ee-mos)
Short Definition: failing to pass the test
Definition: failing to pass the test, unapproved, counterfeit.

If Paul is already save how could he: fail to pass the test, be unapproved or counterfeit ?

Help me understand this from a OSAS view.

Danoh

If you believe Paul preaches OSAS and understand Greek maybe you can help me understand this passage. Paul is telling Christians to run in such as way as to win. If they are already saved, haven’t they won already?

1 Cor. 9:24 Do you not know that those who run in a race all run, but only one receives the prize? Run in such a way that you may win.

Then he says that he has to keep his body under control so that he won’t be “disqualified”.
25 Everyone who competes in the games exercises self-control in all things. They then do it to receive a perishable wreath, but we an imperishable. 26 Therefore I run in such a way, as not without aim; I box in such a way, as not beating the air; 27 but I discipline my body and make it my slave, so that, after I have preached to others, I myself will not be disqualified.

The Greek word here is:
adokimos: failing to pass the test
Original Word: ἀδόκιμος, ον
Part of Speech: Adjective
Transliteration: adokimos
Phonetic Spelling: (ad-ok'-ee-mos)
Short Definition: failing to pass the test
Definition: failing to pass the test, unapproved, counterfeit.

If Paul is already save how could he: fail to pass the test, be unapproved or counterfeit ?

Help me understand this from a OSAS view.

Salvation is not to get into heaven; that is just a side benefit.

The actual issue is what that salvation is unto, or for.

Unto the service of God in the here and now, but also in the then and there.

And how you lived that salvation out in the here and now will impact the level of perfection, or maturity and wisdom you will one day arrive with to the then and there, and thus, unto, as to your service there also.

Will you be one of the least, or will you be fit for the Master's use at a higher level.

Your here and now impacts that.

One example in Paul's perspective on this, of many he writes of - 2 Corinthians 4:

14. Knowing that he which raised up the Lord Jesus shall raise up us also by Jesus, and shall present us with you.
15. For all things are for your sakes, that the abundant grace might through the thanksgiving of many redound to the glory of God.
16. For which cause we faint not; but though our outward man perish, yet the inward man is renewed day by day.
17. For our light affliction, which is but for a moment, worketh for us a far more exceeding and eternal weight of glory;
18. While we look not at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen: for the things which are seen are temporal; but the things which are not seen are eternal.