Resident Satanist?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Real Sorceror

Gerald said:
That's the problem with magic and psychic powers: they're indistinguishable from chance.
Thats often true. Many spells just increase the chance of a specific outcome. Its not guarenteed to happen exactly the way you planned, or to even happen at all. Lets say I cast a friendship spell to meet a new friend at a specific place. What if there are no compatible people there? Even with the increased chance, nothing is going to happen.

Granite

Hall of Fame
Magic is about knowing your limitations just like everything else; a large part of it is knowing when to realistically pursue a goal and when to look elsewhere.

Catatumba

Real Sorceror said:
Thats often true. Many spells just increase the chance of a specific outcome. Its not guarenteed to happen exactly the way you planned, or to even happen at all. Lets say I cast a friendship spell to meet a new friend at a specific place. What if there are no compatible people there? Even with the increased chance, nothing is going to happen.
So, its a bit like a prayer; just a different aproach to the general idea of the positive energy that is being used...
The four basic elements:
Earth, wind, fire and water...
VS.
The Hebrew conception of a Creator God.
Cool! :zoomin:

Granite

Hall of Fame
Prayer is simply magic under a different name: the concentration of energy and will combined to cause a desired effect.

Real Sorceror

Catatumba said:
So, its a bit like a prayer; just a different aproach to the general idea of the positive energy that is being used...
The four basic elements:
Earth, wind, fire and water...
VS.
The Hebrew conception of a Creator God.
Cool! :zoomin:
Exactly. With prayer, your asking God(or whatever diety) to lend you some of His energy. With magic, your just getting the energy from some other source. The four elements you listed are a good example.

Hal_Jordan

Messenger said:
Pardon me, I should only have said that you've been warned against sorcery by your Father in heaven.

Magic and spells do work . . . it's just that the means to make it work is provided by Satan, in order to deceive the would be mage/sorcerer/witch/etc

Messenger - I would LOVE to have the ability to cast spells like Fireball or Knock; where can I obtain the spellbooks to be able to do this?
Perhaps magic in this realm is more symbolic than you realize. The wand that I use is the pen with which to write words in a letter, or to a lesser extent this reply, using the magic of technology of telecommunications and electronics to convey my thoughts psychically.

If I want to demonstrate the love that's in my heart I will perform an act that expresses my Will. Is that magic? Not in the superstitious sense that you are applying the word, but in practice I think taht it is. I am using my Will to affect someone's life for the better. My words of understanding and love are the incantations that I use; the hug that I give to someone that is hurting is my laying on of hands (just a compassionate point of contact, yes?) and when I use nothing other than my Will to control my temper and foul words from being released into the world, then I am indeed exercising magic.

Kinda boring when explained like that, huh?

Hal_Jordan

Real Sorceror said:
Sorry to dissapiont you, but a Wiccan's power comes both from the Earth and from thier own personal energy, and is therefore indirectly from God, who created the Earth. (aka. not from Satan).

Amen. But good luck explaining it to people that already believe before reading what you have to say that you are a devil worshipper.

Granite

Hall of Fame
Hal_Jordan said:
Amen. But good luck explaining it to people that already believe before reading what you have to say that you are a devil worshipper.

But thinking about devil worship is so much more fun! :devil:

Hal_Jordan

Granite said:
You seriously think a piece of cardboard manufactured en masse by Milton Bradley has the ability to open doors into the Other World? :dizzy:

The problem with this objection is that you are using a tool that is practically foreign here at TOL: Logic.

I cannot speak for the 'yes-yes' board, but I am convinced that Monopoly was forged in the fires of the Christian hell. It is responsible for more arguments and bad feelings than a whole pile of Black Sabbath and Slayer records. I submit that it was created by left handed denizens of hell that have the bodies of a nude man, the head of a goat, the feet of a ram, the blackened heart of.....well, you get the point.

Not that it matters because I doubt anyone would ever read the results, but I am undertaking a personal project in which several double and triple blind tests are performed using this invention. I'll post the methods used and the results; if anyone wants to read it, please email me.
tim_foust@hotmail.com

Hal_Jordan

Messenger said:
Well I didn't know her middle name. It's possible that Peter did but I find that highly unlikely.

You can just write letters and numbers in cardboad and make a pointer out of cardboard and it will work. We did that all the time

I have tried this as well as a whole host of other things such as Automatic Writing, Channeling, Pryamid something-or-other, Astral Projection and some other things that I forget at the moment. Not one of them amounted to anything outside of my own mind. But then for me, that is the point; experience IS the evidence. It's just that it does not manifest itself physically. I have experienced things that I will not convey, but even if I did, it would be silly to do so.

With all due respect Messenger, you could easily collect Randi's prize if you were willing to do this in front of him.

Hal_Jordan

Granite said:
Prayer is simply magic under a different name: the concentration of energy and will combined to cause a desired effect.

Shhhh.....they have to find that out for themselves. :wave:

How are you, my good man? I am still awaiting the reply from Travis, but it was a 20 something page email, so it could take months to reply. It has before.

Granite, I have started praying again, but not at all in the normally defined sense. It's rather hard to describe, but blocks of knowledge (?) come into my head and I seem to obtain a somewhat 'instant understanding' of one thing or another, a fresh perspective that later on becomes merely a part of the greater whole.

Or I am just delusional./ :noway:

Hal_Jordan

Granite said:
But thinking about devil worship is so much more fun! :devil:

I listened to that latest Slayer song (Cult) and it felt like I was unwillingly partaking in a Satanic ritual! Not really, but they are quickly approaching the level of Glen Benton.

Granite

Hall of Fame
Hal_Jordan said:
Shhhh.....they have to find that out for themselves. :wave:

How are you, my good man? I am still awaiting the reply from Travis, but it was a 20 something page email, so it could take months to reply. It has before.

Granite, I have started praying again, but not at all in the normally defined sense. It's rather hard to describe, but blocks of knowledge (?) come into my head and I seem to obtain a somewhat 'instant understanding' of one thing or another, a fresh perspective that later on becomes merely a part of the greater whole.

Or I am just delusional./ :noway:

Good, real good! How's by you?

Doesn't sound like you're delusional. Sounds like you're making progress!

Hal_Jordan

Granite said:
Good, real good! How's by you?

Doesn't sound like you're delusional. Sounds like you're making progress!

Trying, my brother. I have learned more in private meditation than by all the other methods put together.

Status
Not open for further replies.