Recession Is Good!

TomO

Get used to it.
Hall of Fame

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
Turns out we're insane

Tucker just gave the Democrats their election slogan for the next cycle:

Hey, at least you're not starving to death!

Last edited:

ok doser

File this one under "Ministry of Truth"

Wikipedia’s ‘Recession’ Page Shows 41 Edits In One Week, Attempts At Changing Definition​

And in today's news ...

IMG_20220729_100927.jpg

TomO

Get used to it.
Hall of Fame
And in today's news ...

Seems like everywhere I look I'm surrounded by these damn things...They write stuff for wikipedia, they work at Wawa, they are on the TV and every sector of government...Where the heck did they all come from? :unsure:

2358_2.jpg

ok doser

He's not wrong, but he's assuming that we can avoid all out war with Russia and China.
IMG_20220729_165414.jpg

ok doser

That's where I'm at...I'm seeing depression as a done deal...I think we have larger problems though. :rolleyes:
I think the first thing that's going to happen is Europe's going to explode. The EU is going to totally disintegrate under the weight of energy insufficiency.

ok doser

I think the first thing that's going to happen is Europe's going to explode. The EU is going to totally disintegrate under the weight of energy insufficiency.
And this is how it will begin. Germans will tolerate darkened cities. Germans will tolerate adjusted thermostats. If you take away their beer, they will riot, they will go to war.

IMG_20220729_230600.jpg

Catholic Crusader

Kyrie Eleison
Banned
0682d96d078b69fc.png

ok doser

You can't build back better until you burn it all down and scrape it away first.

Manchin has insisted that passing the reconciliation bill will bring manufacturing jobs back to the United States, but the National Association of Manufacturers (NAM) disagrees. According to NAM, the bill intends to raise $313 billion, nearly half of which will be generated by imposing a 15 percent minimum corporate levy on domestic manufacturers.

This new tax is expected to reduce real GDP by $68.45 billion, eliminate more than 200,000 jobs, and decrease the income of laborers by $17.11 billion.

TomO

Get used to it.
Hall of Fame
You can't build back better until you burn it all down and scrape it away first.

Manchin has insisted that passing the reconciliation bill will bring manufacturing jobs back to the United States, but the National Association of Manufacturers (NAM) disagrees. According to NAM, the bill intends to raise $313 billion, nearly half of which will be generated by imposing a 15 percent minimum corporate levy on domestic manufacturers.

This new tax is expected to reduce real GDP by $68.45 billion, eliminate more than 200,000 jobs, and decrease the income of laborers by $17.11 billion.
I'd love to know what was said in the conversations between him and Schumer. :cautious: