Jefferson

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
John Hartnett on Galaxy Brightness

This is the show from Friday June 20th, 2014

Summary:

* Physicist John Hartnett on the Surface Brightness of Galaxies: Real Science Radio co-host Bob Enyart interviews one of the creators of the most precise clock ever madeby human beings, physicist John Hartnett, on evidence that appears to contradict one of the most fundamental claims of the big bang. It turns out that surface brightness of furthest galaxies is identical to that of the nearest galaxies! A 2014 physics journal paper reports careful observations of about a thousand galaxies that fundamentally contradict the prediction of the big bang. Astrophysicists led by Eric Lerner from Lawrenceville Plasma Physics published, UV surface brightness of galaxies from the local universe to z ~ 5 , (i.e., to very far away) and found that, as reported in Sci-News, "Contrary to the prediction of the Big Bang theory, they found that the surface brightnesses of the near and far galaxies are identical." And further, "It is amazing that the predictions of this simple formula are as good as the predictions of the expanding Universe theory, which include complex corrections for hypothetical dark matter and dark energy," said one of the study's co-authors, Dr Renato Falomo of the Osservatorio Astronomico di Padova, Italy.

* Post-show Note -- Atheists Boot Bob: Tolerance by the atheists at RationalSkepticism.org lasted until Bob's 27th post. Was Bob the victim of spam entrapment? :) Get the links and see the story below...

Today's Resource: Please check out our newest science resource...

The Global Flood and the Hydroplate Theory
Blu-ray or 2-DVD Set or HD Download

Real Science Radio co-host Bob Enyart presents the scientific evidence for Dr. Walt Brown’s model of the global flood, along with the relevant biblical material. Enyart also discusses Brown's opponents and contrasts both the vapor canopy and catastrophic plate tectonics with the hydroplate theory.

DVD Vol. 1
1. Walt Brown, Creation Leaders, and Scripture
2. Hydroplate Theory & Scientific Evidence

DVD Vol. 2
3. Hydroplates vs. Plate Tectonics
Bonus: Origin of Earth's Radioactivity

The Blu-ray disc contains all parts on one disc. And for now, save $10 with our special introductory pricing!

* Bob is Banned in Bavaria: Well, that's where this atheist website, RationalSkepticism.org, is registered. Was Bob the victim of entrapment, specifically, spam entrapment? You can decide for yourself. Get the links and see the story at rsr.org/spam-entrapment. This international incident began typically enough. Seemingly laying the groundwork for eventually banning Bob Enyart, RS moderators and members had reprimanded the RSR co-host:
- for putting his name and city at the bottom of his first post.
- for using the names "Darwin and Dawkins" in his first post. to show people that claims that science has explained origins apart from the existence of our Creator are exaggerated... I'm not quite sure how listing the father of evolutionary science and the world's most prominent advocate could reek of anything..." ]Really.
- for accidentally capitalizing theropod's username.
- apparently for signing some posts, just in plain text, without linking, as Bob Enyart, Real Science Radio.
As theropod wrote, "I'm tempted to report your closing as intentionally inflaming..." One day later... [more...]

Bob Enyart

Deceased
Staff member
Administrator
Hi Jefferson & TOL! Yeah, this got funny, as at rsr.org/spam-entrapment:

Bob Banned in Bavaria By a Bunch of Believers: Atheists are people who believe deeply that nothing created everything, that life arose from non-life, and that their actions have no eternal consequences. This group has a website that is registered with an address in Bavaria, Germany. And the tolerance of the atheists at Rational Skepticism lasted, in this instance, for 27 posts. Bob Enyart's banning went like this:
- after his first post, ADParker wrote, "I have to wonder if you are actually interested in joining the forum as an active member, or if this is just a fly-by, time wasting, kind of thing. Because that happens a lot."
- Bob mentioned his debate, related to the thread's topic, with a Univ. of California professor of ophthalmology.
- Atheist ADParker asked Bob to provide information on how to find the debate. [spam entrapment? :) ]
- Bob replied, "I didn't put a link to the debate because I've had my hands slapped with a ruler when I've done that at other atheist sites, and then they block you, and then they boot you!"
- ADParker replied, "Not frowned on here at all. And being a forum moderator I should know."
- All of Bob's 27 posts were directly in response to the claims and questions posed in the thread.
- In what became his final post [and apparently my spam infraction], Bob included a link to rsr.org/willhud9 (this appears to be his only link to RSR).
- Bob was banned.
- Reason given: bigoted spamming.

:)