Real Science Friday: RSF's Fred Williams Weighs in on AronRa

Jefferson

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
RSF's Fred Williams Weighs in on AronRa

This is the show from Friday November 25th, 2011.

BEST QUOTES OF THE SHOW:
They're thinking this soft dinosaur tissue isn't really dinosaur tissue and there's just a mountain of evidence that it is but they're afraid of it because they know in their heart of hearts that dinosaur tissue wouldn't last for tens of millions of years.
When I mentioned entropy and the 1st and 2nd laws of thermodynamics he went on to babble about other dimensions and all and maybe the universe could be fed from a universe in another dimension. And that's not a refutation of the first 2 laws of thermodynamics, that's just story-telling.

SUMMARY:

* Bob Enyart and Fred Williams Analyze the AronRa Interview: Real Science Friday co-host Fred Williams talks to Bob Enyart about the series of RSF programs with atheist and evolutionist AronRa.

Today's Resource: Check out this stunning DVD, Living Fossils by Dr. Carl Werner. You'll LOVE IT! You owe it to yourself, and your loved ones, to watch this DVD! Whether a shark, leaf, or crab, living fossils are a challenge for evolutionary theorists and create a fascinating debate among scholars. Do they indicate a younger earth than thought, placing the millions of years timeline of evolution in question? Or do they represent a deep mystery? And if you enjoy the science you hear about on our RSF radio shows, you'll really love all the books, audio, and DVD science materials in our online store's Science Department or just call us at 1-800-8Enyart (836-9278).

Last edited by a moderator:

Granite

Hall of Fame
So he's no longer being hyped as the "youtube star" AronRa. Okay then.

By the way, an argument of incredulity against multiverse theory isn't much of an argument.

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
So he's no longer being hyped as the "youtube star" AronRa. Okay then.
:chuckle: Are you still concerned about that?

By the way, an argument of incredulity against multiverse theory isn't much of an argument.

Appropriate then since the multiverse theory isn't much of an argument in the first place.

:loser:

Tyrathca

What is the fascination with this youtube guy and why should anyone care whether his arguments are good or not?

Stripe

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
What is the fascination with this youtube guy and why should anyone care whether his arguments are good or not?
What is the atheist fascination with pretending not to care about AronRa? :chuckle:

Stripe

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
He testified in Texas to the State Board of Education on evolution in schools. :idunno:

Granite

Hall of Fame

I have no idea. Either Enyart thought he was a bigger deal, or has just been trying to make AronRa out to be a more dangerous and intimidating opponent. "YouTube star" has got to be one of the more interesting ways of damning with faint praise that I've ever seen, although I'm convinced it was inadvertent.:cool:

Paulos

I have no idea. Either Enyart thought he was a bigger deal, or has just been trying to make AronRa out to be a more dangerous and intimidating opponent. "YouTube star" has got to be one of the more interesting ways of damning with faint praise that I've ever seen, although I'm convinced it was inadvertent.:cool:

In my opinion, the best creationist debunker channels on Youtube are these:

http://www.youtube.com/user/potholer54
http://www.youtube.com/user/Potholer54debunks

Both are run by an Australian former geologist and science journalist, now semi-retired. He may be open to a debate with Bob.

BTW, he is a subscriber to AronRa's channel, so I assume he thinks highly of the guy's work.

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
BTW, I notice the blurb for this video seems to endorse the old scam about coelacanths being unchanged for hundreds of millions of years.

Anyone seen it? Did they actually use that argument?

Tyrathca

What is the atheist fascination with pretending not to care about AronRa? :chuckle:
No need to pretend when I had no idea who he was until creationists claimed he was important. Most of his videos are also sub 30,000 views which on youtube is not that impressive.
He testified in Texas to the State Board of Education on evolution in schools. :idunno:
And this is relevant how?... I wasn't aware there were many restrictions on who could testify however can I now assume that Bob will track down some of the other Texans who testified? Unfortunately I couldn't find any reference to him attending let alone what he said.

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
Barbarian asks:
BTW, I notice the blurb for this video seems to endorse the old scam about coelacanths being unchanged for hundreds of millions of years.

Anyone seen it? Did they actually use that argument?

(Stipe gets defensive)

I guess maybe they did.

Stripe

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
No need to pretend when I had no idea who he was until creationists claimed he was important. Most of his videos are also sub 30,000 views which on youtube is not that impressive.
Really? For a series of very specific and not short 15-odd videos on creation/evolution? I know 14 second clips of cats fighting get millions of clicks, but I suspect you might be comparing these unfairly...
And this is relevant how?... I wasn't aware there were many restrictions on who could testify however can I now assume that Bob will track down some of the other Texans who testified? Unfortunately I couldn't find any reference to him attending let alone what he said.
:doh:

Here we are talking about the most irrelevant aspect of the show - again.

Must be in a discussion with atheists.

*checks*

Right again. :)

Stripe, getting defensive: Wait a tic! Wasn't that "Stripe getting infuriated"?

I'm defuriasive. :)

Or else Barbarian reads expressions like Larsen reads a dog's:

DogEmotions.jpg