ECT Re Tozer: Devern Fromke asks these questions:

Cross Reference

CONCEPTIONS ARE SHAPED BY OUR PREVAILING MENTALITY

___Do you tend to generalize in your statements? After reading a book would your typical statement be, “I’m sure I could never understand anything that author would ever write”?

___Do you tend to over use such words as all, never and only?
___Do you enjoy broad outlines more than minute details?

___Do you emphasize the panoramic bird’s-eye view rather than a close scrutinizing of any part? If so, these traits would explain it is the poetic which is prevailing in your mentality.

___Do you tend to enjoy technicalities, to specialize in details, to be very explicit in your speaking? Then you would be quite precise by saying: “There is an occasional statement in that book which I did not grasp.”

___Do you particularly tend toward a mystical interpretation or enjoy the fresh breath of poetic expression? Or instead, would you bury your nose in heavy, exacting reading? If so, these traits would explain it is the scientific which is prevailing in your mentality.

___Do you tend to deal with the abstract rather than the concrete in expressing yourself; you like to day-dream; to take many a jaunt to yonder lofty isle? There you can live beyond time in the splendor of eternity. Instead of bothering with mere similarities or distinctions, you would emphasize the over-all relatedness of everything in the universe.

___Does it become quite trying to you when friends seem to be unduly occupied with mere parts when you know that first of all they should recognize the whole? If so, it is the philosophic which is prevailing in your mentality.

Excerpted from "No Other Foundation" by Devern Fromke