Jefferson

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
RE-publicans, Catholics, Hip Hop…

This is the show from Monday, July 3rd, 2017

SUMMARY:

* Not Even Half: …of the baby was offered to young Charlie Gards Family. No, the British State has mandated that they must devour the whole thing. Guest host Doug McBurney updates the story of Charlie Gard, (the sick little boy in England sentenced to death by the state, the NHS, and the Supreme Court). Listen in as the Vatican throws Charlie under the bus, and the Hill Magazine falsely reports that Donald Trump has offered to help!

* Born This Way: …or maybe not so much. Some decades after giving birth to “Jay Z”, Gloria Carter has announced that she is a lesbian! (Hear your host rap all about it)!

* Crack is Rap is Crack: Doug reports on a “Welcome Home from Prison” party for a coked up rapper in Atlanta where a few dozen of his friends were arrested by socially attentive police.

User Name

Greatest poster ever
Banned
Guest host Doug McBurney updates the story of Charlie Gard, (the sick little boy in England sentenced to death by the state, the NHS, and the Supreme Court). Listen in as the Vatican throws Charlie under the bus, and the Hill Magazine falsely reports that Donald Trump has offered to help!

Did you offer to help? I didn't think so.

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
Quote: Originally posted by Jefferson
...and the Hill Magazine falsely reports that Donald Trump has offered to help!

Did you offer to help? I didn't think so.

Brilliant; did you learn your supposed debate skills at Trump U?

I read the Hill article which says this:

If we can help little #CharlieGard, as per our friends in the U.K. and the Pope, we would be delighted to do so.
— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) July 3, 2017

What exactly does "as per our friends in the UK" mean?

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
Quote Originally Posted by aCultureWarrior

Brilliant; did you learn your supposed debate skills at Trump U?

It's all too easy to sit back and judge others, all without doing so much as lifting a single finger to help resolve the issue yourself.

Unless Jefferson is hiding something, to my knowledge he's just an average citizen like you and me. While I'm sure that he's praying for the family, unlike Donald Trump who holds the most powerful political office in the world, he has no political clout that would allow the family to come to the United States and not be under the iron thumb of the secular humanist British government.

Has Trump done anything in this matter since he tweeted his supposed support for the family?

I didn't think so.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
Has Trump done anything in this matter since he tweeted his supposed support for the family?

According to Charlie's parents, a heckuva lot more than you have:

The parents of Charlie Gard thanked U.S. President Donald Trump and Pope Francis for supporting their legal battle to keep their 11-month-old son alive.

The European Court of Human Rights effectively handed Gard a death sentence June 27, when it ruled the terminally-ill baby should be pulled off life-support. Gard’s parents want to take their son to the U.S. for experimental treatment of his rare genetic disorder, but the courts have repeatedly denied such a request.

Trump and Pope Francis have both spoken out in support of the parents. Connie Yates, Gard’s mother, told BBC Monday that their words “turned it into an international issue.” Yates added that their support has been the “single biggest factor” in ensuring Gard remains on life-support.

http://dailycaller.com/2017/07/10/c...ks-trump-pope-francis-for-keeping-baby-alive/

Unless you're the pope

Are you the pope?

No?

Then shut yer piehole

gcthomas

Before everyone in the pro-life movement gets on their high horses, an injection of facts might help (yes, yes, I know. But it is worth a try!)

The show said that the state is ordering the child (Charlie Gard) killed and the parents filed a law suit: not true. The hospital filed for permission to remove life support to allow nature to take its course. The parents, quite reasonably, opposed the filing. According to McBurney the child would probably die young because of his condition, but the parents should be allowed to decide the treatment themselves. This is misleading, as the child would die very quickly without life support. He has no prospect of consciousness or life. The 'right to life' he mentioned is pointless for a dying person.

To be clear, the treatment the parents want has already been offered in the hospital where the child is, even though it has never been used to treat anyone with his illness, and it has not even been tried on mouse models. It was not a treatment as such, but the hospital offered it because the parents wanted to try it, and there were no alternatives.

But before it could be administered Charlie experienced an extended series of episodes of brain seizures as a result of his epilepsy, leaving him with severe brain injuries, no ability to hear, see, feel or move. He cannot swallow, or open his eyes, and never will. Even if his underlying infantile onset encephalomyopathic mitochondrial DNA depletion syndrome could be cured, the boy will not ever recover.

It is terribly sad to see the parents unable to accept the irreversible and catastrophic injuries their baby has suffered, but that is why the courts have been involved - the child's pain should not be extended unnecessarily by their parents' refusal to accepts the facts of the case. They said only this week that they could see no reason why Charlie could not lead a normal life, despite the sure knowledge that his brain is ruined and substantially non-functioning.

The boy is not helped by people who are ignorant of the facts jumping and extending the family's grief by offering false hopes of recovery while demonising the hospital and the courts, who have all had the boy's best interests at the centre of what they have done, as is required by law and any reasonable moral framework.

Last edited:

Jonahdog

BANNED
Banned
gc: Nice to see you back here for a bit and making your usual cogent remarks. But, as you know, often TOLers pay little heed to underlying facts and just jump on the bandwagon.