Pro-Life AUL Pres. Calls Partial-Birth Ruling "Moral"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lucky

Hall of Fame
Samuelson was arguing that Alito should uphold pro-abortion precedent because that's the only way Christians can make it to the top. But since even the Supreme Court (aka, the top for judges) has to go by precedent, what difference does it make? What's the purpose of Christian judges making it to the top when not even then can they take off the wolves' clothing? If abortion should only be condemned from the legislative branch, as so many Christian republicans say, aren't they wasting their time with Alito?

jeremiah

BANNED
Banned
Bob Enyart said:
This is how I describe this show at KGOV.com:

Perhaps for the first time publicly, a national Christian leader, Peter Samuelson of American's United for Life, bluntly admits that man's law takes precedence over God's "Thou Shall Not Murder," and a judge's decision (like the ruling of Samuel Alito) which follows precedent to uphold partial-birth abortion, is "moral." Pastor Bob Enyart of Denver Bible Church rebukes AUL and all Christian organizations which defend compromise on Thou Shall Not Murder for any legal or political rationale. This tragic story could open the last chapter of a book on Alito's influence on America.

-Bob Enyart

It is disheartening, and inexplicable. How can a man so committed to saving lives and protecting the unborn, be so completely morally wrong, and blind to what he is doing and saying???
The Bible passage that comes to my mind is the inexplicable behaviour of Lot just prior to the destruction of Sodom and Gomorrah. Many of us are totally bewildered when Lot offers his own daughters to placate the desires, and yet, at the same time,trying to save the "strangers", from the Sodomites.
Yet 2nd Peter describes Lot as righteous and oppressed. Living continually, daily, under the oppression of unprincipalled men, yet God rescued Him.
I think similar things are happening to our pro-life leaders. They have been in the battle so long. In the pits with unprincipaled governing officials, that they now have some of their slimy ways on them.
Perhaps Lot didn't know what he was saying, or was simply fighting fire with fire, in the "pits" of Sodom and Gomorrah, when he recklessly offered his daughters. He had lost his head, so to speak.
I think that Samuelson is offering up some children to Alito and his ilk, in the hopes of preventing further loss of innocents, and innocence.
Just as the pro-life leaders gave in to euthanasia philosophy, {A Living Will} in the hopes of saving Terri Schiavo.
I am sorry, but that is as far as my thinking can take me. I wish I had the answer.
I do think that it is time to rescue some of our leaders from temptation. They have been in the fight too long {33 years for some}, and need to pulled back to safety, and be replaced for a while.
2 Peter 2: 6-9

Last edited:

rehcjam

I really wanted to hear Bob slam this jerk :loser:, hard. I am getting tired of hearing this garbage.
Now, let's all sing along:
:singer: People like this should not be our leaders. People like this should not be our leaders. People like this should not be our leaders. People like this should not be our leaders. :singer: Hello :cry:

Status
Not open for further replies.