Blessed beyond measure
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Clete said:
The uncreated Son of God came in the likeness of "created" flesh as a Man, born of a woman. But this follows flesh being created in the image of God in the beginning.
No Ma'am! He came not merely in the likeness of flesh, He became flesh in the likeness of man! If you deny that Christ came in the flesh you are an antichrist and are not saved!

1 John 4:3
and every spirit that does not confess that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is not of God. And this is the spirit of the Antichrist, which you have heard was coming, and is now already in the world.

2 John 1:7 For many deceivers have gone out into the world who do not confess Jesus Christ as coming in the flesh. This is a deceiver and an antichrist.​

Cite Scripture, please. Where does the bible teach that Jesus did not have the glorified body He has now?
If you are making a claim that He did have it then the burden of proof is on you not me but be that as it may, the first mention of a glorified body is in the gospels after the resurrection. Further, Thomas placed his hands in Jesus' wounds. Are you suggesting that those wounds existed for all eternity? That is what you would have to be suggesting if you wanted to keep your immutability argument intact. Those wounds prove that His glorified body is made of flesh and John 1 states directly that Logic became flesh and dwelt among us. It does not say that Logic, which had always been flesh came and dwelt among us, it says that Logic BECAME flesh and dwelt among us and it is obviously referring to Jesus' incarnation when it says that thus God was not flesh prior to the virgin birth, glorified or otherwise.

Right, so . . .

If the Son wears glorified flesh now, He also did before the foundation of the world. After all, who do you think "walked" with Adam and Eve in the garden?
There is no indication that God physically walked in the garden. God is spirit but can manifest Himself in some visible way. Angels have done the same without having to take on flesh to do so.

Facinating the lengths you will go to to preserve your pagan doctrines.

"Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and to day, and for ever." Hebrews 13:8
Was Jesus, God the Son, always dead and in the grave? Was Jesus always a little baby? Did Jesus learn obedience or not?

This verse in Hebrews and the two or three others like it in the Scripture all refer to WHO Jesus is, that is, it refers to His righteous and loving character and personality. The Bible very simply does not teach the Calvinist version of immutability.

Resting in Him,
Clete

Great post Clete!

Context

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
Thanks Poly! :D

I don't think I can stomach responding to her response to this post. It's just so mindless! I think it might serve as its own best refutation.

Resting in Him,
Clete

Status
Not open for further replies.