Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Poly said:
Hyrax said:
Would you have a problem with:

1. A brother marrying a brother?

2. An adult daughter marrying her mother?

3. One woman marrying two men? Three men? Four men?

If so - Why?

People should do whatever makes them happy as long as they dont infringe on other peoples lives.

That's just pathetic!

You are one sick and twisted person. :nono:

IncapableAdmin said:
Dare I ask; why? If you're going to call him pathetic, you could at least share your reasoning..

Tell me you're not honestly asking me to justify why it's wrong for a daughter to marry her mother.

IncapableAdmin said:
Can you? I'm just curious as to whether you're using reasoning or whether it's a knee-jerk reaction.

:doh:

:dizzy: :hammer: :freak:

Absurdity found here.

Layla

Does EVERYTHING need to be explained to you?? :idunno:

Sigh, of course not. It's not that I disagree with her, necessarily, but I only know my reasons for my opinion. I was curious as to what brought her to hers.. I really don't see what's so bizarre about asking. If she's so sure she's right, why can't she explain why?

Layla

You're nuts. Or at least you play a "nut" on the internet.

:kookoo:

Apparently this point was so very important, that you had to make it twice. Thanks for the neg rep, dude, good to know asking about reasoning is so encouraged around here. :rolleyes:

Layla

You didn't ask an intelligent question. You asked a stupid question.

"Could you please explain your reasoning?" is a stupid question?

Unless Poly had already done so (which is not the case), what is stupid about it? I was curious.. I wanted to know what made her believe what she does.. so I asked.

Minerva

I think everyone's point is that no matter if you are a theist an atheist, a hindu, whatever you are, we can all agree that there is a certain amount of moral fiber that is included in your basic human that lets you know that some things are wrong and you don't always have to ask why. With a "normal" person, if you for instance, got a new puppy, you would know that it would be wrong to bash it in the head and eat it, you don't have to ask why it is wrong because you just know that it is. As is a person marrying their own mother!!!

You could also compare it to sometimes when my kids ask me why they have to do a certain thing and my reply is plainly..."because I said so, that's why"

Layla

I think everyone's point is that no matter if you are a theist an atheist, a hindu, whatever you are, we can all agree that there is a certain amount of moral fiber that is included in your basic human that lets you know that some things are wrong and you don't always have to ask why. With a "normal" person, if you for instance, got a new puppy, you would know that it would be wrong to bash it in the head and eat it, you don't have to ask why it is wrong because you just know that it is. As is a person marrying their own mother!!!

But many people in that thread disagree, and stated that they think some of those things are ok. If it's alright to ask them to explain, why is it so unreasonable to ask someone who does think they're wrong to explain why? As I said, I don't necessarily disagree with Poly. I wasn't trying to prove her wrong. I was just curious as to why she believes what she does. The fact that such a huge fuss has been made when she could have given me a simple answer nice and quickly suggests to me that it's more of a knee-jerk reaction than something she has actually thought about. If that's the case, fair enough. But again, she could have answered the question to let me know it, quite simply, instead of creating a massive fuss over a relatively simple and inoffensive post.

ShadowMaid

But many people in that thread disagree, and stated that they think some of those things are ok. If it's alright to ask them to explain, why is it so unreasonable to ask someone who does think they're wrong to explain why? As I said, I don't necessarily disagree with Poly. I wasn't trying to prove her wrong. I was just curious as to why she believes what she does. The fact that such a huge fuss has been made when she could have given me a simple answer nice and quickly suggests to me that it's more of a knee-jerk reaction than something she has actually thought about. If that's the case, fair enough. But again, she could have answered the question to let me know it, quite simply, instead of creating a massive fuss over a relatively simple and inoffensive post.

What's so bad about having a knee-jerk reaction to something perverted? You understand that Poly believes it's perverted, and yet you ask her to explain it. This is very simple.

Leviticus 18:6 None of you shall approach anyone who is near of kin to him, to uncover his nakedness: I am the LORD.

Romans 1:26 For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature:
27 And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet.

Layla

What's so bad about having a knee-jerk reaction to something perverted? You understand that Poly believes it's perverted, and yet you ask her to explain it. This is very simple.

Leviticus 18:6 None of you shall approach anyone who is near of kin to him, to uncover his nakedness: I am the LORD.

Romans 1:26 For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature:
27 And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet.

Nothing's wrong with having a knee-jerk reaction. Did you read the post you responded to? I quite clearly stated that if it was a knee-jerk, that's fair enough.. all she had to do was answer the question one way or the other. I don't see what's so bonkers about that.

ShadowMaid

Nothing's wrong with having a knee-jerk reaction. Did you read the post you responded to? I quite clearly stated that if it was a knee-jerk, that's fair enough.. all she had to do was answer the question one way or the other. I don't see what's so bonkers about that.

Oh, I guess I read to fast and missed that. I'm sorry. :) Anyway, I think you have your answer now, so everyone should be happy. ^_^

ApologeticJedi

I read it Poly but I'm sadly not amazed. Pedophila and Polygamy are the next barriers to be broke down. People have seared their conscience and now need to have right and wrong "explained" to them.

Hopefully we can think of a good argument for these dim wits not to go on a murderous rampage should the question ever arise. :sigh:

Layla

I read it Poly but I'm sadly not amazed. Pedophila and Polygamy are the next barriers to be broke down. People have seared their conscience and now need to have right and wrong "explained" to them.

Hopefully we can think of a good argument for these dim wits not to go on a murderous rampage should the question ever arise. :sigh:

As I've now said repeatedly, I don't necessarily disagree with Poly, I was curious as to her reasoning -- nothing more.

Servo

Formerly Shimei!
LIFETIME MEMBER
As I've now said repeatedly, I don't necessarily disagree with Poly, I was curious as to her reasoning -- nothing more.

I'm glad that you don't necessarily disagree with Poly that a daughter should not marry her mother.

:doh:

ApologeticJedi

That was basically what I understood as well. You don't necessarily agree or disagree until you get a reason.

Like I said, hopefully we can think of a good argument for these dim wits not to go on a murderous rampage should the question ever arise. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.