Blessed beyond measure
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
TomO said:
I question the wisdom and compassion in essentially punishing innocent people because the church is displeased with a civic decision.

Who is punishing the innocent people here Granite? :rolleyes:

:confused: Did the City officials really think that the Church was going to extend Marriage Benefits to Homosexuals simply because the City Fathers mandate it?

:nono: You really disappoint me here....seriously. These shelters are owned by the City and they are fully capable of either staffing them themselves or hiring a management company. If the shelters close it will be a decision made by the CITY not the Church.

The City is and was, as well, capable of exempting the Church from this law, but they didn't. What does that tell you about how important it is for the City to have a contract with the Church? Do you think the City Officials didn't know that this would be the outcome. :jawdrop:

:mad: If the Church ceases it's operation of these shelters then they will indeed close because the City will poor-mouth....it's already an established fact that the Church has been fulfilling these contracts at a loss.

:madmad: The end result is the City shelters close, the City gets to keep the contract money, the shelter buildings get sold to developers and businesses which will make them into revenue generating tax paying properties and the City gets to blame the Church for being mean.

:idea:.....oh...BTW...did I mention that a large percentage of homeless will move out of the City in search of areas which have more to offer?

This whole thing is a win-win for the City and the only reason they can pull it off is because of their willing accomplices in the media and gullible dullards who cannot (or will not) see the obvious. :rolleyes:

:BRAVO:

Smacktabulous!!

For more of TomO truthsmacking Granite, you can check it out here

Status
Not open for further replies.