Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Nineveh

Originally posted by Skeptic

At least you are open to the possibility. Right?

If we ever find anything that might indicate such a thing, I would be open to the possibility. Until then, it's just fantasy. Stuff for my favorite genre of entertainment.

But there is much more to learn regarding biochemistry. Should scientists simply stop learning and looking for evidence for abiogenesis?

There is much more to learn about biochemistry, among a multitude of other things. People are called to different things, it's where their interests lie. Personally, I think it would advance science more to endevour understanding what we have in front of us. But like I said, some chase rainbows, no harm in that.

Saying "we don't know" is an honest and rational response.

Then stick with it. Just be sure to point out where your science facts turn into science fiction.

Making the bold unfounded claim that God poofed life fully formed out of nothing is neither honest nor rational.

But... in reality, you don't know. Since you can't be sure, because you don't know, I see it as more irrational to discount that explaination.

You do not know that DNA did not first develop through natural processes. You also do not know that God poofed DNA into existence fully formed.

Same backatcha ;)

:first: :Nineveh:
Context

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
What is it with ignorant people thinking that we all believe God just poofed everything into existence? He formed everything, meticulously. WHy do they not get that?

elected4ever

lighthouse
What is it with ignorant people thinking that we all believe God just poofed everything into existence? He formed everything, meticulously. WHy do they not get that?

e4e

because if they got that they would have to recognize God and His authority in their lives.:cool: :bannana:

Sozo

NOTICE TO EVERYONE POSTING ON THIS THREAD:

I HAVE MORE THAN ONE FACE! I AM POSTING ALL OVER THE BOARD WITH MY FACE. YOU SHOULD TAKE MY CHARACTER INTO ACCOUNT WHEN YOU READ ANYTHING I POST. I AM OBVIOUSLY A LIAR AND A THIEF.

Crow

Originally posted by Sozo

NOTICE TO EVERYONE POSTING ON THIS THREAD:

I HAVE MORE THAN ONE FACE! I AM POSTING ALL OVER THE BOARD WITH MY FACE. YOU SHOULD TAKE MY CHARACTER INTO ACCOUNT WHEN YOU READ ANYTHING I POST. I AM OBVIOUSLY A LIAR AND A THIEF.

:darwinsm:

Status
Not open for further replies.