Blessed beyond measure
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Clete Pfeiffer
Your right, the future is not like Disney World and time is not like I-95. Both Disney World and I-95 exist in the real world outside of our minds. Time and the furture do not. You can not travel to the future any more than you can travel to Narnia. Not even God could go to Narnia, because Narnia does not exist out side of the minds of C.S. Lewis' readers. 'The future' is an idea, as is 'the past', and even 'the present'. Time itself is nothing more than a mental framework within which we reference succesive events.
Everything that actually exists, exists now. If God can move back and forth through time, while always remaining in the present, then He could go back, say 2000 years or so and witness Jesus dieing on the cross and since it is still the present to Him, then Jesus in some convoluted space-time continum is still hanging on that tree!

I think that this topic is an enjoyable mental exercises to play with. And thinking these things through is valuable, if only to exercise our ability to think logically. But I really do beg you to abandon this as a viable theory that one should take seriously.
It is rought with one problem after another, both logical and thelogical. There's not one single passage of scripture that even suggests that God time travels nor are you even able to show any evidence that the future even exists. I think that one is forced to concede that your possision is at least unlikely to be correct, if not all together absurd.

Resting in Him,
Clete
:first:

Poly

Blessed beyond measure
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Turbo