Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Originally posted by 42ndgen

Hi Stone:

This is true. But are you hinting that this disannuls all that I have said concerning perfection as I have already stated? Hardly, in fact it establishes it.

Heb 2:7-12 Thou madest him a little lower than the angels; thou crownedst him with glory and honor, and didst set him over the works of thy hands: (8) Thou hast put all things in subjection under his feet. For in that he put all in subjection under him, he left nothing that is not put under him. But now we see not yet all things put under him. (9) But we see Jesus, who was made a little lower than the angels for the suffering of death, crowned with glory and honor; that he by the grace of God should taste death for every man. (10) For it became him, for whom are all things, and by whom are all things, in bringing many sons unto glory, to make the captain of their salvation perfect through sufferings. (11) For both he that sanctifieth and they who are sanctified are all of one: for which cause he is not ashamed to call them brethren, (12) Saying, I will declare thy name unto my brethren, in the midst of the church will I sing praise unto thee.

Sounds similar to what Jesus said concerning Him giving us the glory so that we may be made one with Him and the Father so that we may be made PERFECT IN ONE. John 17:22.

Here in this passage we find that Jesus has been made perfect through the things that he has suffered, so that he can bring many sons into glory. We also find out that Jesus who is sanctifying us and we who are sanctified are "ALL OF ONE'.

So when you do a study of the context of sanctification It will lead you to Hebrews 10:14 Jesus death perfecting forever them that are sanctified. The context of sanctification leads you back to the beginning of the book of Hebrews, to Heb 2:10-11 where we find that he that sanctifieth and they that are sanctified are all out of one, so that he may bring many sons unto glory. This mention of glory brings you straight to what Jesus said concerning the glory and being made perfect in one John 17:22. According to the scripture WE ARE sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all.

We have been perfected.
We have been sanctified.
We have been given the glory.

All of this has been given so that we may be one with the Father and the son.

This again verifies what I have already stated concerning the spiritual law of walking out of what you have.

2Co 8:10-12 And herein I give my advice: for this is expedient for you, who have begun before, not only to do, but also to be forward a year ago. (11) Now therefore perform the doing of it; that as there was a readiness to will, so there may be a performance also out of that which ye have. (12) For if there be first a willing mind, it is accepted according to that a man hath, and not according to that he hath not.

Grace and Peace Patrick

context

Poly

Blessed beyond measure
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Sozo

Great choice, Poly!