Out of Wed-lock:

Status
Not open for further replies.

taikoo

Or wouldn't be, as atheism just describes the lack of belief in a single thing - not a value system.

It's crass to use such a bad excuse to assign someone to speak on behalf of a category of people without a guiding set of principals actively adhered to. Atheism, if you want to class it as a religion (which I would argue it isn't) is certainly not like christianity, buddhism, or any religion with more than one defining factor or with any necessary consequential guiding doctrines.

Because of that, atheists might be as unlike as they please from one another, save that they all disbelieve in one thing. You may as well call liking cheese a religion.

My dad complained that when he was a kid the word "awesome" really meant something, and now it is reduced to meaning "cool" or even, "thank you".

i worked hard to learn English, and i like the words to mean something. i feel like if the word 'religion' can be stretched so out of shape as to include atheism... or cheese liking, for that matter.... that it has become a worthless, meaningless word.

Same thing with "faith". I'd like to think the ones who value faith in a god would not want to lower their kind of faith to equal faith that a parking meter will not expire for an hour.

But its their deal if they want to.

aSeattleConserv

BANNED
Banned
Same thing with "faith". I'd like to think the ones who value faith in a god would not want to lower their kind of faith to equal faith that a parking meter will not expire for an hour.

What do atheists and parking meters have in common?

When their time expires, there's nothing more.

:rip:

Letsargue

My dad complained that when he was a kid the word "awesome" really meant something, and now it is reduced to meaning "cool" or even, "thank you".

i worked hard to learn English, and i like the words to mean something. i feel like if the word 'religion' can be stretched so out of shape as to include atheism... or cheese liking, for that matter.... that it has become a worthless, meaningless word.

But its their deal if they want to.

The word "religion" can and does take in almost every BELIEF, except the Christian WORSHIP! -- Christian Worship is not a Religion, it's Christian WORSHIP! - Christian Worship is not a BELIEF, it's Christian Worship.

Paul -- 082710

taikoo

The word "religion" can and does take in almost every BELIEF, except the Christian WORSHIP! -- Christian Worship is not a Religion, it's Christian WORSHIP! - Christian Worship is not a BELIEF, it's Christian Worship.

Paul -- 082710

Why not just have one word that means everything, then we dont need dictionaries and those pesky definitions.

fzappa13

Well, Jesus never used the word. Bastard itself is medieval, and is never used by anyone in the bible. As well, the word bastard is translated from appears only in Hebrews, likely written by Barnabas, and never in the Gospels. It is the word nothos, appears only the once in the NT, and supposedly means born of a concubine or a female slave. Mamzer appears twice in the OT, and apparently implies alienation, or foreign, and supposedly refers often to one born of mixed parents. Bastard, of course, is of medieval roots.

Translational niceties aside, the idea is fairly clear in expressing the acceptance, or lack thereof, of a parent ... and let's be honest, us gentiles are adopted in this respect; but, at the end of the day, this whole business about adoption, being a bastard, etc. is symbology whose relevance has a decidedly limited shelf life.

beloved

I do not post here often, and read mostly, In my opinion, many here are getting offended by Letsargue's posts, yet I see what he is trying to do and I do not consider him as angry at all. Many of his posts really challenge me as to what have I been conditioned to believe and what is really the truth of scripture. Just sayin.

Nydhogg

Let me get this straight.
Apparently anyone can accept salvation, but bastard children can not be saved.

Why not? What offence have THEY committed? Are they to be punished by the sins of others? How come it's the work of a just God?

Benevolent God? Sure, of course. Eternally torturing people because OTHERS did wrong seems just. Completely just.

Letsargue

Let me get this straight.
Apparently anyone can accept salvation, but bastard children can not be saved.

Why not? What offence have THEY committed? Are they to be punished by the sins of others? How come it's the work of a just God?

Benevolent God? Sure, of course. Eternally torturing people because OTHERS did wrong seems just. Completely just.

Just for the record.

Show me where anyone, or I, have said what you are implying.
I have never said that. -- Why do some of you keep putting words in other people's mouths?

Paul -- 090910

Nydhogg

“A bastard shall not enter into the congregation of the LORD; even TO HIS TENTH GENERATION shall he not enter into the congregation of the LORD”.

If he can't enter the congregation of the lord, he's effectively punished for other people's sins.

Letsargue

“A bastard shall not enter into the congregation of the LORD; even TO HIS TENTH GENERATION shall he not enter into the congregation of the LORD”.

If he can't enter the congregation of the lord, he's effectively punished for other people's sins.

That curse was spoken before the first Covenant was given by God, - Noah ended that condemnation. – ( Noah was the tenth generation ) from the generation that the curse was given, at Adam, referring that Adam was a ( bastard Child of God ), Eve followed Satan and Cain was the Child born out of wed-lock.

There has been three of four Covenants since that curse was given. We are now under the New Covenant / New Testament, and there is NO MORE CURSE if we are under it. - The lost are not under the New Covenant, but the lost are under the Old Covenant / Old Testament, to do the whole LAW; not any other Covenant that was given before the Old Testament by Moses.

Paul – 091210

My parents divorced. After a few years my father began dating. He dated a Catholic woman. They had my parent's marriage annulled.* That makes me a bastard. They explained to me that I really was not and they gave me lots of legalistic rationalizations. I prefer to stand proudly with my bastard brothers, if they will accept me as one of them.
Just one example;
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_the_Conqueror
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Annulment

Letsargue

My parents divorced. After a few years my father began dating. He dated a Catholic woman. They had my parent's marriage annulled.* That makes me a bastard. They explained to me that I really was not and they gave me lots of legalistic rationalizations. I prefer to stand proudly with my bastard brothers, if they will accept me as one of them.
Just one example;
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_the_Conqueror
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Annulment

There is no such thing as an “ANNULMENT” of marriage. - Anything else that is not of God can be annulled such as drivers’ license, and the like, and even your name can be annulled.

BUT, “What “GOD” has JOINED TOGETHER, LET / “( LET )” NO MAN PUT / DIVIDE ASUNDER” -- The word “let” in that passage is the same as in the Creation, LET / “LET” THERE BE LIGHT”, and the like. – It cannot be overridden by man.

If your father and mother did not have a one night stand or the like, you cannot be bastardized. The making of an impure child / Bastardized can only be done through fornication with a harlot according to GOD. -- It doesn’t sound like that’s the case with you, so why do you accuse yourself of being made impure by your father and mother’s marriage?

Paul – 112210

"The making of an impure child / Bastardized can only be done through fornication with a harlot according to GOD. "
letsargue
I strongly disagree. A new born should never be ostracized because of the behavior of the parent. Calling the infant "impure" or "bastardized" is a form of ostracism. It is also totally undeserved and cruel.
" why do you accuse yourself of being made impure by your father and mother’s marriage?"
Letsargue
Perhaps ego. I honestly do not know what a cosmic metaphysical lawyer would decide as to my bastardness. All I know is that Jesus transcends the letter of the law. By declaring myself a bastard I have made a statement, that I stand with those sadistically tortured* for something they are not responsible for. Perhaps my actions are based on ego since I like to think of myself as noble. However, regardless of my motives it is still the right thing to do.

* That is not an exaggeration. Those that persecute newborns are sadists.

"On the day I was born, the nurses all gathered 'round
And they gazed in wide wonder, at the joy they had found
The head nurse spoke up, and she said leave this one alone
She could tell right away, that I was bad to the bone"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IyhJ69mD7xI
ASC is BLAND to the bone. I apologize for the very bad joke!:second:
My dad always wanted me to be super smart! He did not want me to win. It would be more humble and take more talent to come in number 2. OK, bad joke again! LOL

Last edited:

Letsargue

"The making of an impure child / Bastardized can only be done through fornication with a harlot according to GOD. "
letsargue
I strongly disagree. A new born should never be ostracized because of the behavior of the parent. Calling the infant "impure" or "bastardized" is a form of ostracism. It is also totally undeserved and cruel.
" why do you accuse yourself of being made impure by your father and mother’s marriage?"
Letsargue
Perhaps ego. I honestly do not know what a cosmic metaphysical lawyer would decide as to my bastardness. All I know is that Jesus transcends the letter of the law. By declaring myself a bastard I have made a statement, that I stand with those sadistically tortured* for something they are not responsible for. Perhaps my actions are based on ego since I like to think of myself as noble. However, regardless of my motives it is still the right thing to do.

* That is not an exaggeration. Those that persecute newborns are sadists.

Jesus cannot “TRANSCEND” or COME SHORT of the Letter of the Law, He is that "Letter" of the Law. --- John 1:13-14 KJV – “Born, not of blood, nor of the will of the FLESH, nor of the will of man, but of God. 14- And ( THE WORD ) –( WAS MADE FLESH )-, and dwelt among us”. -----

For Christ to “TRANSCEND” the Word / The Letter of the Law, is for Christ to sin against the Word of God / himself / and the Father. – How do you TRANSCEND or come SHORT of the Letter of the Law / Word of God without sinning?

You need much more study. You're TOO wise.

Paul – 120510

Status
Not open for further replies.