Orfa Gives Us A Ring

Jefferson

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Orfa Gives Us A Ring

This is the show from Tuesday, April 17th 2012.

SUMMARY:

* Orfa from Indiana Calls About Legalism: Bob Enyart talks with a Christian wife and mother about her former church and their requirement that women wear hats and skirts and their prohibition against jewelry and plucking eye brows. Really.

* What's a Liberal To Do? Police handcuff and haul off a six-year-old girl from kindergarten. Really.

* Post-show Note: See Bob's Round Two post on pot at HuffingtonPost.com/Bob-Enyart.

* Today's Resources: Check out Bob's First Corinthians Bible Study album Volume I. Also, Meet the Apostle Peter in this important Bible study, our 1 & 2 Peter DVD set. Have you considered why Peter addresses his letters to no well-known recipients? Rather, similarly to James, John, and Jude, he sends them generically to the circumcision believers scattered abroad. Why? Meanwhile, Peter mentions the Apostle Paul, who addresses his epistles to many well-known leaders and specific regional churches. Teacher Bob Enyart demonstrates that understanding the big picture of the Bible, its plot, helps to see even such small books as First Peter and Second Peter in their proper perspectives. Such biblical observations go a long way toward explaining the differences between Peter and Paul. For as Peter himself wrote of, "our beloved brother Paul" who "has written to you as also in all his epistles… in which are some things hard to understand…" This fascinating Bible study is available in a 6-DVD set, on MP3-CD or MP3 download. Just click to order online or call us at 1-800-8Enyart (836-9278).

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
A paddle works best at my home.
I was watching my three nephews yesterday; I had to spank two of them.

With one of them I came over to them with a package of Peeps to ask them if they wanted any and he walked over and just smacked it out of my hand. He's the oldest and definitely knows better.

bybee

A paddle works best at my home.

I had a paddle stick hanging on the wall in my kitchen when the children were young. They knew that I would give them a swat on the behind for egregious behavior. My children were very well behaved. They were and continue to be free spirits.
We had a discussion about spanking and my kids all said "Well I don't believe in spanking because you never spanked us!"
I said "Oh yes I did, don't you remember the paddle stick?"
They did not remember me using the paddle stick. I often would simply remove it from its hook and brandish it as a reminder.
I guess that discipline carefully, quickly and justly administered doesn't have deleterious effects but rather positive effects.
I did not permit my husband to use the paddle stick.

One Eyed Jack

My mom didn't have a paddle (I was carefull to get rid of all my bolo bouncers after the bands broke). I had to pick switches. I still remember swishing them through the air on my way back inside, thinking about how much the upcoming whipping was about to hurt. It's amusing looking back on it, but it wasn't much fun at the time.

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Well, you see, liberals refuse to act like thugs and hit kids like they should, and that causes cops to have to act like thugs. Or, something.

Pretty much. Except you said "hit". It's a spanking or a swat that will work best.

ICameBack

The onus is on you to prove that the police were acting as thugs. Parents nowhere to be found and a child so disruptive that the police needed to be called in the first place. You assume that the girl was just having a hissy fit. I've seen hissy fits- my son throws them. They rarely involve knocking over furniture and other absurdities as seen here. The girl needed to be restrained and with fear of being sued, the police are the only ones to deal with it.

Lon

I didn't have to do a lot of spanking of my children. I can count on one hand with all but the oldest. They are all really good kids, too.
That little girl? One time-woodshed with Knight would be enough I'd think.

Bob Enyart

Deceased
Staff member
Administrator
Hey TOL! A listener in Florida, Chuck, thought I was claiming that the police were the liberals. Just to clarify, here's my reply to him:

In everything I said in both shows, I don't think I once criticized the police. For 20 years on air, I've gone out of my way to thank the police for the job they do, even when I was the one that they were arresting! Perhaps you didn't know that about me, and perhaps that's why you assumed that I was referring to the police as liberals. I gave quite a few examples of the liberalism that led to the handcuffing of a six year old, and none of them had to do with the actions of the officers.

It's not the police who were acting like liberals. The police were doing what the police do. The liberal aspect of the whole absurd event is everything that gets us to the point where the police are called because a six-year-old is pulling a tantrum. It used to be that the adults responsible for children in their care would know how to handle a misbehaving child. Today, even if those adults knew what should be done (which many don't), they dare not do what the child needs most (out of fear of being sued).​

-Bob Enyart

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hey TOL! A listener in Florida, Chuck, thought I was claiming that the police were the liberals. Just to clarify, here's my reply to him:

In everything I said in both shows, I don't think I once criticized the police. For 20 years on air, I've gone out of my way to thank the police for the job they do, even when I was the one that they were arresting! Perhaps you didn't know that about me, and perhaps that's why you assumed that I was referring to the police as liberals. I gave quite a few examples of the liberalism that led to the handcuffing of a six year old, and none of them had to do with the actions of the officers.

It's not the police who were acting like liberals. The police were doing what the police do. The liberal aspect of the whole absurd event is everything that gets us to the point where the police are called because a six-year-old is pulling a tantrum. It used to be that the adults responsible for children in their care would know how to handle a misbehaving child. Today, even if those adults knew what should be done (which many don't), they dare not do what the child needs most (out of fear of being sued).​

-Bob Enyart

Excellent point Bob.

Granite

Hall of Fame

-Bob Enyart

:rolleyes:

And we all know you always go kicking and screaming.:yawn: