Oh my old suffering mom!

stephengoswami

BANNED
Banned
Her fare is patient suffering from childhood to this 91 year old age. During her early life our Hindu clan lost everything, as rioting Muslims drove us out of our homeland East
Bengal homeland. Fleeing to India for life we had much difficulty in rehabilitating ourselves. With close cooperation within our clan we somewhat survived and had adequate education to stand on our own. But for that she suffered much.

Father became a neurotic atheist due to the riot trauma. Introvert he took inadequate initiative in our bringing up. Mother had to push, cajole, often violently quarrel with him to do a thing. But it had a bitter effect on us, especially me. I, her eldest son, gave her much pain and tears by running away from home many times between 12 and 18 years age. I rejected love to become neurotic. Had not Jesus saved me by his love at 18 years’ age I would have been totally lost.

But growing in love takes much time. Open minded mom never discouraged me to follow Christ, though she was a nonpracticing agnostic Hindu. With her permission I was baptized at 19 years age. But it took her and father 50 years more to believe in Christ when they were rejected from hospital as impossible cases. Then in an amazing incidence which I had described in this forum they both came to faith. After declaration of their faith together, they were miraculously cured. Then previously bedridden she rose up to resume active life discarding all medicines for about three years. Meanwhile father died while praying to Christ. It is amazing that such a militant atheist was converted by Christ’s power.

Then our old home had to be sold off as I had difficulty in commuting from my far mission place to care for mother and it. My own home was misappropriated by catholics through forged deed making me homeless. So she was transferred to sister. But sister being a doctor had no such faith, though she believed in Christ somehow. She again started her medications and mother’s health deteriorated. Several times she had to be admitted to ICU. Sister disregarded her pleas to let her depart from her painful earthly life. A few days ago she fell and lost right eye. Now she is completely dependent on day and night attendants. Her sufferings are increasing.

But 91 years old she is able to pray and sing with me sometimes. Now I have come to value old age suffering which makes us worthy of next higher life in Love-Heaven. Our old bonds of infatuations in physical life are sublimated to be heaven worthy only by sufferings. Only those going down in love-scale need not suffer much here.

Christ-followers rather voluntarily accept suffering like Christ in obedience to be fecund here and in eternity. I see that I am becoming more and more fecund by old age suffering taken in faith together in Christ. So my fear of old age suffering is vanishing. Though I live alone in my Islampur mission station I am with Christ. But I fear for feeble-faith mother’s escalating sufferings. May be that is necessary for the conversion of sister and her family. Please pray for her.

jeremysdemo

Sorry to hear about your mum,

it's sounds like you are finding some peace with it tho, Psalm 56:8, Romans 8:28.

best of blessings over you both Matthew 5:4, in Y'shua's name, Amen. :cloud9:

keep shinin

jerm :cool: