ECT NT Eschatology Prop # __: "Saved" in Romans 11 (Isaiah) is justification from sins

Faither

BANNED
Banned
What about what Paul means when contrasting faith and works of the Law? is there any other more fundamental contrast in Paul's own life, not to mention his teaching?

Do you agree with these definitions of the word "pisteuo" of the strongs and vines Greek dictionary's?

Strongs: "pisteuo" "means not just to believe, but also to place confidence in". "Reliance upon", "commit unto", "commit to ones trust", "be committed unto".

Vines: " A personal surrender to Him", "and a life inspired by such surrender."

YES OR NO!

Interplanner

Do you agree with these definitions of the word "pisteuo" of the strongs and vines Greek dictionary's?

Strongs: "pisteuo" "means not just to believe, but also to place confidence in". "Reliance upon", "commit unto", "commit to ones trust", "be committed unto".

Vines: " A personal surrender to Him", "and a life inspired by such surrender."

YES OR NO!

Don't yes or no me. A lexicon gives the context of a word usage. The more details the better. In Paul's context about faith vs works, it is always the contrast of the works of Judaism, and Christ's works have been put forward in their place. In Paul's setting, he 'suffered the loss of all things' to believe upon Christ's works in a way that dismissed his works in Judaism. We might not have the same contrasts today; we might not have anything to dismiss the same way.

Rabbi Prager refers to liberalism as the fastest growing religion since 1900 and yes it ridicules those who leave it or dismiss it. They will be PC and __-correct in many other instances that will be wearisome. So if you want a concrete thing to reject and which will belittle you and has a 'religious' force to it, there it is.

If you grow up or live in an Islamic setting and leave it for the Gospel you will be an 'apostate' and shunned etc. You will have to surrender your safety, as Paul did vis a vis Judaism.

In either case, what I have just given as illustration is 10x more clear than scattered 'meanings' in English Bible study tools like Strong's or Vines.

Faither

BANNED
Banned
Don't yes or no me. A lexicon gives the context of a word usage. The more details the better. In Paul's context about faith vs works, it is always the contrast of the works of Judaism, and Christ's works have been put forward in their place. In Paul's setting, he 'suffered the loss of all things' to believe upon Christ's works in a way that dismissed his works in Judaism. We might not have the same contrasts today; we might not have anything to dismiss the same way.

Rabbi Prager refers to liberalism as the fastest growing religion since 1900 and yes it ridicules those who leave it or dismiss it. They will be PC and __-correct in many other instances that will be wearisome. So if you want a concrete thing to reject and which will belittle you and has a 'religious' force to it, there it is.

If you grow up or live in an Islamic setting and leave it for the Gospel you will be an 'apostate' and shunned etc. You will have to surrender your safety, as Paul did vis a vis Judaism.

In either case, what I have just given as illustration is 10x more clear than scattered 'meanings' in English Bible study tools like Strong's or Vines.

I'll take that as a no and move on. I find it interesting you can'r even say the word "pisteuo".

Interplanner

I hope you will see the difference between cause and effect at some point. the Christian believer is not supposed to jerk themselves, force themselves unnaturally or sadistically to do the right things. The 'romance' of God's love is foremost.

Faither

BANNED
Banned
I hope you will see the difference between cause and effect at some point. the Christian believer is not supposed to jerk themselves, force themselves unnaturally or sadistically to do the right things. The 'romance' of God's love is foremost.

Believe me, it will be hard for you to "ever" find someone more aware of cause and effect than myself.
All you had to do is agree with the Greek dictionarys definition of "pisteuo" to start a conversation on the way that cause and effect starts, is maintained, and completes itself here on earth. You refuse to agree on a simple definition out of the Greek dictionary, because you know it will undermine every understanding you hold dear.
My desire is to give you a pearl, an invaluable piece of truth. I've fulfilled my desire, the rest is on you.

Faither

BANNED
Banned
Faither,

Are you looking for people to follow you?

I'm looking for people who respond to the drawing by the Father. That response is a desire to know Christ better. That desire trumps all understanding one might previously have had, the need to be right, or being part of a group. That desire won't stop trying to find that better path to Him.

Paul said, follow me, as i follow Chrsit. If someone needed to lean on me to have that connection with Christ, i'm willing and think i could fulfill such a responsibility.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
I'm looking for people who respond to the drawing by the Father.

I believe many people are responding to the drawing by the Father.

It may not like what you believe it should be but it is up the individual.

Many of us have personal relationship with God and Jesus.
god is the judge of all things including our walk with Jesus.

It is not humble attitude to think you can teach anyone.

You don't seem to believe the power of the Holy Spirit.

Faither

BANNED
Banned
I believe many people are responding to the drawing by the Father.

It may not like what you believe it should be but it is up the individual.

Many of us have personal relationship with God and Jesus.
god is the judge of all things including our walk with Jesus.

It is not humble attitude to think you can teach anyone.

You don't seem to believe the power of the Holy Spirit.

Then don't reply to my posts.

Interplanner

Believe me, it will be hard for you to "ever" find someone more aware of cause and effect than myself.
All you had to do is agree with the Greek dictionarys definition of "pisteuo" to start a conversation on the way that cause and effect starts, is maintained, and completes itself here on earth. You refuse to agree on a simple definition out of the Greek dictionary, because you know it will undermine every understanding you hold dear.
My desire is to give you a pearl, an invaluable piece of truth. I've fulfilled my desire, the rest is on you.

"We love because he first loved us." One of those is the cause. One is the effect.

It does not say "we love because we realized that a certain word meant we need to be more surrendering."

Interplanner

"We love because he first loved us." One of those is the cause. One is the effect.

It does not say "we love because we realized that a certain word meant we need to be more surrendering."

Interplanner

"The work of God is to believe on him he has sent." Jn 6. Obviously in this ex., there is nothing you do that matters. It is what he did. It may make you surrender as a side-effect. If you were in Judaism as the audience was, you have to surrender those Judaistic things to believe only on him. But it is, finally, Christ's own work that is believed upon. So there is a legitimate place for believing on the work someone else has done, on the surrendering that someone else has done.

Faither

BANNED
Banned
"The work of God is to believe on him he has sent." Jn 6. Obviously in this ex., there is nothing you do that matters. It is what he did. It may make you surrender as a side-effect. If you were in Judaism as the audience was, you have to surrender those Judaistic things to believe only on him. But it is, finally, Christ's own work that is believed upon. So there is a legitimate place for believing on the work someone else has done, on the surrendering that someone else has done.

Good luck with that.

Interplanner

??? To believe on Christ is to believe on imputed righteousness; it is "an alien righteousness, outside of us but granted to us by transfer to our account, like the coat that was supposed to be worn in the parable in Mt 22 as a covering, without which the visitor was denied access." --Luther