Not open for further replies.

ebenz47037

Proverbs 31:10
Silver Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Here.

pastorkevin said:
These days, everyone is coming out of the closet. And at a time where Bible-believing Christians are needed more than ever as a voice of sanity in a world going mad, the Church has become this silent, toothless organization. Christians are so afraid to speak forth the truth these days because of political corectness, or fear of inability to speak properly.

These days those who scream tolerance will scream tolerance for every view EXCEPT the views of evangelical Bible-believing Christians. Some of the worst prejudice that happens in our country these days is against people of faith. If people cannot homeschool or cannot afford to put their kids in a good private school, then their children are force-fed the Theory of Evolution and taught that it is an indisputable fact. This post will no doubt garner much heavy criticism from atheists and liberals. They have no real clue what a powerful role people of faith have played in the shaping of the freedoms that all people in this country enjoy. Even a popular Jewish talk show host like Michael Medved recognizes the powerful impact that Christianity has had on our country.

I am calling out to believers in Jesus Christ: IT IS TIME TO TAKE A STAND! Stop being afraid! Don't be forced into muteness by this unbelieving God-hating world! Don't be ashamed of your faith!

Romans 1:16-17
16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ, for it is the power of God to salvation for everyone who believes, for the Jew first and also for the Greek. 17 For in it the righteousness of God is revealed from faith to faith; as it is written, “The just shall live by faith.”

How does God view the unbelieving world that mocks Him and rejects Him:

Romans 1:18-19
18 For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who suppress the truth in unrighteousness, 19 because what may be known of God is manifest in them, for God has shown it to them.

It's time for CHRISTIANS to come out of the closet!!!!

Jesus the only way:

John 14:1-6
1 “Let not your heart be troubled; you believe in God, believe also in Me. 2 In My Father’s house are many mansions; if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. 3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and receive you to Myself; that where I am, there you may be also. 4 And where I go you know, and the way you know.”
5 Thomas said to Him, “Lord, we do not know where You are going, and how can we know the way?” 6 Jesus said to him, “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me.

In order to be saved one must be born again!

John 3:3
Jesus answered and said to him, “Most assuredly, I say to you, unless one is born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.”

How can I be born again?

John 3:16-18
For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. 17 For God did not send His Son into the world to condemn the world, but that the world through Him might be saved.
18 “He who believes in Him is not condemned; but he who does not believe is condemned already, because he has not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

The tail end of verse 18 there tells us a profound truth, if a person has not been born again and come to faith in Jesus Christ, he stands condemned before a perfect and Holy God.

WHY is a person condemned??
Romans 3:10
As it is written: “ There is none righteous, no, not one;

Romans 3:23:
23 for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God,

If you guessed "Because of their sin" then you are right.

So as sinners we stand condemned before God and His WRATH abides on us. I am a sinner! We are all sinners.

But we DON'T HAVE TO BE CONDEMNED!!

Romans 5:8
But God demonstrates (or shows) His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.

Romans 8:1-2
There is therefore now no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus, who do not walk according to the flesh, but according to the Spirit. 2 For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus has made me free from the law of sin and death.

Romans 6:23:
23 For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.

How do I exercise faith and receive God's gift of salvation?

You must Repent of -(which is to turn away from) your sins:

Luke 13:5
I tell you, no; but unless you repent you will all likewise perish

Acts 3:19
Repent therefore and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, so that times of refreshing may come from the presence of the Lord,

2 Corinthians 7:10
For godly sorrow produces repentance leading to salvation, not to be regretted; but the sorrow of the world produces death.

Confess and believe:

Romans 10:9-13
9 that if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. 10 For with the heart one believes unto righteousness, and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation. 11 For the Scripture says, “Whoever believes on Him will not be put to shame.” 12 For there is no distinction between Jew and Greek, for the same Lord over all is rich to all who call upon Him. 13 For “whoever calls on the name of the LORD shall be saved.”

John 6:35
And Jesus said to them, “I am the bread of life. He who comes to Me shall never hunger, and he who believes in Me shall never thirst.

John 6:47

Most assuredly, I say to you, he who believes in Me has everlasting life.

Galatians 3:22
But the Scripture has confined all under sin, that the promise by faith in Jesus Christ might be given to those who believe.

:first:

Poly

Blessed beyond measure
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
That is one great post!

I'm thinking possibly one that should be in the running for post of the year.

Good pick, Nori. :up:

ebenz47037

Proverbs 31:10
Silver Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
You're welcome, Kevin. And, Poly, all of my picks are in the running for my post of the year. :chuckle:

PKevman

Poly said:
That is one great post!

I'm thinking possibly one that should be in the running for post of the year.

Good pick, Nori. :up:

The liberals don't like it too much. :chuckle: :devil:

Status
Not open for further replies.