Nineveh's PotD Eclipse Friday 4-8-05

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nineveh

Merely Christian
Turbo said:
Yes or no, The Edge?

Bob Enyart is a dear friend. He's my brother in Christ. And he's a man for whom I have great respect. He led me to the Lord and has taught me much about Him. And in the very post in which you accused erin of wrongly judging you, a fellow Christian whom you claim she does not know well enough to judge, you falsely accused a fellow Christian whom you know next to nothing about of something far worse. That makes you a hypocrite. And you admit that you did so to "discredit" him so that you could blow off the points he made in the article that erin linked. That may be most blatant ad hominem argument I have ever seen.

I have personally heard Bob Enyart's stepson say that he deserved his spanking, and that he learned to respect his mother as a result of it, and that he felt better about himself because of that.

If Cheryl objected to Bob's actions and philosophies regarding spanking, why do you suppose she married him and had three children with him?

And exactly how much blood do you think can be shed by five swats to the backside with a belt?

I don't defend my friends when they are wrong. I'm much more likely to rebuke that friend myself. But when a friend is wrongly accused of something vile, you'd better believe I will rush to his defense. And if you find that sort of behavior to be "creepy," then I aspire to be the biggest creep you will ever encounter!

cite

Awsome Turbo!

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
I still have trouble with the idea of a non-parent disciplinig a child, for a parent, and wiht the use of belts for such a thing, but if the kid doesn't have a problem with it, what can I say?

Status
Not open for further replies.