Nice example of evolutionary imagination.

Granite

Hall of Fame
Bob, if you want to pretend to be clever, go right on ahead. I won't waste time trying to fathom your brilliance. Okey dokey?

fool

Hall of Fame
The e-mail for the place is in the link, why dodn't you set them straight Bob?

bob b

Science Lover
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
fool said:
The e-mail for the place is in the link, why dodn't you set them straight Bob?

If logic and common sense don't work with you unbelievers here at ToL why do you think it would work with them?

fool

Hall of Fame
bob b said:
If logic and common sense don't work with you unbelievers here at ToL why do you think it would work with them?
Are the unbelievers or are they just some people that work at a mammoth pit?
They only say it's 26,000 yrs. old, that's hardly evolutionary time lines.

Gerald

Resident Fiend
bob b said:
I'd hardly call the belief that supernatural events are still happening today logical or common-sensical.

bob b

Science Lover
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
fool said:
Are the unbelievers or are they just some people that work at a mammoth pit?

Obviously I don't know, so it is possible some might believe in "guided evolution".

They only say it's 26,000 yrs. old, that's hardly evolutionary time lines.

I was hoping some here would catch that. The usual timeline for "filling in" and later "eroding away" is somewhat longer.

The primary way they would establish a date would be c-14 dating.

But C-14 depends on estimating the C-14 content of the atmosphere when the plant or aanimal died and assuming there was sufficient time for that level to have become the norm in animals and plants living at the time.

The recent discovery of the rapid reduction in the Earth's magnetic field which shields us from cosmic rays, and the fact that the C-14 in the upper atmosphere is believed to be generated by cosmic rays, means that the C-14 content of animals and plants thousands of years ago may not have been the same as it is today (probably lower), which in turn means that C-14 results using conventional assumptions may sometimes overstate ages.