Nearly All COVID Deaths In US Are Now Among Unvaccinated

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
Nearly All COVID Deaths In US Are Now Among Unvaccinated

Nearly all COVID-19 deaths in the U.S. now are in people who weren’t vaccinated, a staggering demonstration of how effective the shots have been and an indication that deaths per day — now down to under 300 — could be practically zero if everyone eligible got the vaccine.

Cleveland Clinic study [which included 47,000 Cleveland Clinic employees]: 99.7% of hospitalized COVID-19 patients since Jan. 1 were unvaccinated

Majority of COVID-19 cases in Arizona coming from unvaccinated individuals

Nearly all new Minnesota COVID cases, hospitalizations and deaths were among the unvaccinated

User Name

Greatest poster ever
Banned
This puts the truth to this misleading thread started by @marke - 4,000 more vaccinated in Massachusetts get covid

I've heard all along that getting the vaccine will decrease the likelihood, but may not totally prevent, those vaccinated from getting Covid-19, but it will decrease the severity of the illness and the likelihood of death from the disease. Not sure why the anti-vaxxers here can't let that sink in.

Right Divider

Body part
I've heard all along that getting the vaccine will decrease the likelihood, but may not totally prevent, those vaccinated from getting Covid-19, but it will decrease the severity of the illness and the likelihood of death from the disease.
So does having a proper amount of vitamin D in your system.
Most people that get the flu have low vitamin D. Same with colds.... same with COVID-19.
This is why these diseases are always worst in the winter months.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
This puts the truth to this misleading thread started by @marke - 4,000 more vaccinated in Massachusetts get covid

I've heard all along that getting the vaccine will decrease the likelihood, but may not totally prevent, those vaccinated from getting Covid-19, but it will decrease the severity of the illness and the likelihood of death from the disease. Not sure why the anti-vaxxers here can't let that sink in.

Exactly. As a fully vaccinated person myself, I know there's a chance I could still get Covid, especially now that I've increased my exposure since mask mandates and capacity restrictions have been lifted and everything's opening up. But my chances of being severely sick or hospitalized if I do get Covid now - are low. I can live with those odds and so can the rest of the vaccinated.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
So does having a proper amount of vitamin D in your system.
Most people that get the flu have low vitamin D. Same with colds.... same with COVID-19.
This is why these diseases are always worst in the winter months.

More likely they're worse in the winter months because more people are indoors in enclosed spaces sharing the same close proximity air.

User Name

Greatest poster ever
Banned
But another report suggests higher levels of vitamin D don’t lower risk of viral infection, hospitalization, or severity of COVID-19. Researchers looked at more than 1 million people of European ancestry from 11 countries. They also included people with a gene mutation that allows them to have naturally high levels of vitamin D.

User Name

Greatest poster ever
Banned
"A variant like delta that has more transmissibility will lead to more hospitalizations and more deaths among a population that has low vaccination coverage," said Dr. Henry Walke, director of the CDC's division of preparedness and emerging infections.

Last edited:

User Name

Greatest poster ever
Banned
Increasingly, it's a Republican pandemic.

The Associated Press reported last week that of the 18,000 American COVID-19 deaths in May, only 150 involved fully vaccinated people — and that "breakthrough" infections of vaccinated people accounted for fewer than 1,200 of the 853,000 COVID-related hospitalizations during the month. Those low numbers suggest the pandemic death rate "could be practically zero if everyone eligible got the vaccine," the news service concluded.

Unfortunately, there are a lot of vaccine holdouts. As David Leonhardt points out today at The New York Times, the refusers are trending Republican: The average county that voted for Donald Trump is just 34 percent vaccinated; the number is 45 percent for counties that went for Joe Biden. And unsurprisingly, the counties that have a low proportion of vaccinations have higher rates of new cases.