MIT: covid skeptics more scientific, knowledgeable than opponents

Gary K

Banned
Well, imagine if a team of researchers from a prestigious scientific institution infiltrated the COVID skeptic community to expose their scientific ignorance . . . and instead ended up discovering that the skeptics by and large care more about science—and are more knowledgeable about the scientific process—than their critics?

Guess what? You can stop imagining, because that's exactly what just happened.

We already knew the above because of the ignorance of those pushing the coronavirus agenda here, but it's a good feeling to have this backed up by a scientific school with the reputation of MIT.

chair

Very interesting paper. I suggest that you read the actual paper, and not the misleading description of it in the article that you linked to.

Gary K

Banned
Very interesting paper. I suggest that you read the actual paper, and not the misleading description of it in the article that you linked to.
I have. And I agree with Corbett. The data is very often misrepresented in establishment documents. That conservatives are more scientifically literate and understand the literature and data better is a foregone conclusion. You're a prime example of how ignorance of the science is demonstrated.

chair

I have. And I agree with Corbett. The data is very often misrepresented in establishment documents. That conservatives are more scientifically literate and understand the literature and data better is a foregone conclusion. You're a prime example of how ignorance of the science is demonstrated.
So doubtless you have noted statements like:

"So how do these groups diverge from scientific orthodoxy if they are using the same data? We have identified a few sleights of hand that contribute to the broader epistemological crisis we identify between these groups and the majority of scientific researchers"

"To be clear, we are not promoting these views..."

Gary K

Banned
So doubtless you have noted statements like:

"So how do these groups diverge from scientific orthodoxy if they are using the same data? We have identified a few sleights of hand that contribute to the broader epistemological crisis we identify between these groups and the majority of scientific researchers"

"To be clear, we are not promoting these views..."
In other words, you hate real science. Science has always been based upon discussion, the use of conflicting ideas and theories, the questioning of all ideas, etc.... What is being done now is the weaponization of science against anyone who questions, you know how science really works, the political narrative being pushed. Scientists have always taken the same data and come to opposite conclusions about what the data means. That's how science works. People questioning each other's thinking and logic. That's how ideas become fleshed out and fallacies destroyed.

That's not what's happening now. That you can't recognize that study was ghost-written by a politician says you're incapable of thought because no real scientist would address those who disagree with him about what the data means would make a political attack on his fellows. But that entire study, while it acknowledge the real issues brought up and the skill with which the data interpreted, is nothing but a political attack on conservatives who are questioning the political narrative. That's right. It's a political narrative being given, and an ad hominen attack on those with whom the studies supposed authors disagree. The study shows no evidence of how the opposing data presentation is dishonest. They just make the claim with no supporting evidence.

But, that's what you always think is great reasoning.