Jefferson

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Michael Brown: Suicide by Cop

This is the show from Wednesday November 26th, 2014

Summary:

Bob Enyart debriefs Doug McBurney who is returning from his St. Louis assignment for the planned riots there. The guys present Michael Brown's actual cause of death, which was suicide by cop, and the real source of the rage in much of the black community (and in much of the white community), which source has nothing to do with racism.

Eeset

LIFETIME MEMBER
I listened to the show. You made many valid points but I think you left out an important one. Our education systems fail to teach many fundamental facts necessary to survive in today's society. This is true almost universally regardless of race or socioeconomic status. I will concede the point that showing respect and deference to police officers once was learned primarily at home. But then again in today's society all too often there are no adults at home except when they (the adults) are sleeping.

I think students in Jr. High should have short courses covering such things as 10 easy ways to shorten your life. That would include fundamentals like not using an electric razor in the bathtub which causes many deaths each year. Does that sound strange? Most teenagers have no idea how dangerous electricity is. Another good item on that list is "Mixing common household cleaning products can cause serious injuries". Many adults aren't even aware of that one. And of course showing disrespect to someone who has a gun especially if she or he also has a badge.

So yes the Michael Brown tragedy may have been suicide by Cop but I suspect it also involved a high degree of simple ignorance.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I listened to the show. You made many valid points but I think you left out an important one. Our education systems fail to teach many fundamental facts necessary to survive in today's society.

You miss a valid point. That is intentional to not teach in school. The left makes up the primary education system in America. By choice. They want to brainwash young kids. And based on the idiot posts by you and many others, it is working.

Reason number 465,258,963,147 not to send your kids to a public school.

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
The guys present Michael Brown's actual cause of death, which was suicide by cop,...

"Suicide by cop (SBC) is a colloquial term used to describe an incident whereby a suicidal subject acts in a consciously life-threatening manner to the degree that it compels a police officer to respond with deadly force."
http://www.suicidebycop.com/5001.html

Being that it appeared to be Michael Brown's intention to murder Ferguson Police Officer Darren Wilson (attempting to wrestle his service weapon away from him in Wilson's patrol vehicle) I have to question if Michael Brown was suicidal or just another cop-hating thug high on drugs .

(This post was written by an ignoramus of the public school system).

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
well, i have not heard anyone discuss mental or suicidal problems but it should be considered. substance abuse and mental disorders ALWAYS go together. ALWAYS. i watch the case and recently they are focusing on pot and "waxing" which is smoking pure thc basically. it DOES NOT cause hallucinations or change perception of reality. it is also a contributing factor but not in that moment. the media loves to latch on to a theme and run with it. even so, this can happen in ANYTOWN USA. obey the law. crime does not pay

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
i should clarify, i believe that substance abuse always goes with some degree of mental illness in all peoples. it's a human thing. in all times

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
i should clarify, i believe that substance abuse always goes with some degree of mental illness in all peoples. it's a human thing. in all times
That would be a pretty broad definition of "mental illness".
Men are in a fallen condition, to be sure. I think, however, we need to be a bit careful about absolving people for all of their actions based on a fallen world.

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
Michael Brown: Suicide by Cop

This is the show from Wednesday November 26th, 2014

Summary:

Bob Enyart debriefs Doug McBurney who is returning from his St. Louis assignment for the planned riots there. The guys present Michael Brown's actual cause of death, which was suicide by cop, and the real source of the rage in much of the black community (and in much of the white community), which source has nothing to do with racism.
...So the officer was doing Brown a favor?
I guess that's one good reason to stick up for this policeman.

Granite

Hall of Fame
:yawn:

Yeah, well, that's certainly one of the wackier crackpot theories I've heard lately...