Mexican Sewage Plaguing California

rexlunae

I enjoy how the article talks about "forcing" Mexico to clean up its act, like that's just something you do to fellow sovereign nations. Too bad we don't have leaders in the US with a respectful, mutually engaged, mature relationship with Mexico that could raise such issues. Or a functioning state department. Or an EPA staffed with people who care about chemical pollution.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
I enjoy how the article talks about "forcing" Mexico to clean up its act, like that's just something you do to fellow sovereign nations. Too bad we don't have leaders in the US with a respectful, mutually engaged, mature relationship with Mexico that could raise such issues. Or a functioning state department. Or an EPA staffed with people who care about chemical pollution.
We have (had?) an agreement with Mexico that they would treat the waste that they released into the Tijuana river and Pacific ocean. This appears to be a spill due to breakage that happened early this year. I saw a news report on it the other day though and I though it was a major longstanding problem. It seems there's blame on both sides, local and federal.
http://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/news/environment/sd-me-sewage-spill-20170224-story.html

Traditio

BANNED
Banned
Patrick Jane:

Tell me what you think about the fact that one of the first things that Trump did was sign an executive order allowing coal companies to pollute water ways?

Tell me what you think about the Dakota Access Pipeline (and oil pipelines in general).

Tell me what you think about fracking.

Tell me what you think about Trump's pick for head of the EPA.

jgarden

BANNED
Banned
i170404clr.jpg

It's great that Jerry Brown and Californians want to save the world's environment but what about the raw sewage coming from Mexico that is destroying parts of California?

Maybe we should blame Trump for this too. I'm sure it only started after he took office.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/08/0...-waste-threaten-u-s-border-patrol-agents.html
Coal powered electrical plants in the American Midwest, a fuel source that Trump wants to promote, produce tons of pollution that travels across the northern border into parts of Canada (Ontario, Quebec, Maritimes) - impacting the ecology, the PH levels of 1000's of lakes and public health.

The majority of water pollution in the Great Lakes, the waterway that the US shares with Canada, comes from the American side - due to a larger concentration of population and industry!

"The Donald" is rapidly "gutting" whatever environmental protections that currently exist - with no thought as to the impact American air and water pollution will have on its international neighbors!

Last edited:

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Coal powered electrical plants in the American Midwest produce tons of pollution that travels east into parts of Canada (Ontario, Quebec, Maritimes) - impacting the ecology and public health.

The majority of pollution of the Great Lakes comes from the American side due to a larger concentration of
population and industry!

"The Donald" is rapidly "gutting" whatever environmental protections that currently exist - with no thought as to the impact American air and water pollution has on its international neighbors!
You really ARE obsessed with Trump aren't you? It's pretty common here on TOL. :deadhorse:

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Patrick Jane:

Tell me what you think about the fact that one of the first things that Trump did was sign an executive order allowing coal companies to pollute water ways?

Tell me what you think about the Dakota Access Pipeline (and oil pipelines in general).

Tell me what you think about fracking.

Tell me what you think about Trump's pick for head of the EPA.
I was bigger on the environment when I was younger but not much anymore. I'm sure Trump didn't sign an order that strictly said "this allows coal companies to pollute waterways." If you've researched it then by all means elaborate.

I don't have a problem with pipelines, Dakota Access or otherwise if they are built properly and maintained. I never liked the idea of fracking but it started way before Trump. It's funny how everything changes to Trump around here. He's doing a great job.

jgarden

BANNED
Banned
EPA2.jpg

You really ARE obsessed with Trump aren't you? It's pretty common here on TOL. :deadhorse:

The reality is that America shares 55250 miles of border with Canada - whatever environmental decisions this President makes has a direct impact on Canada because American air and water pollution has a nasty habit of crossing international boundaries!

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
The reality is that America shares 55250 miles of border with Canada - whatever environmental decisions this President makes has a direct impact on Canada because air and water pollution have a nasty habit of crossing international boundaries!
He doesn't make decisions all by himself but what do think about Mexico, you know, the thread topic? :loser: