Marriage and Other Unions.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
The meaning of marriage has been honoured since man was created: marriage is between a man and a woman. This union is natural, necessary for society to prosper, and beneficial to society. No other so called union is the same or equal to marriage. Why , in the last maybe 50 years or so, are so many wanting to change the definition of marriage? Many are trying to impose their warped understanding of marriage on our society. Do they want to give their warped union some pretence of legitimacy by calling it marriage? Call their union anything but marriage. Calling it marriage will never give it any legitimacy as natural, normal healthy ,traditional or real marriage. It will be a sham! It will be phoney! They may talk about love and a committed relationship, and any other spurious arguments for wanting to call their union marriage. But God's truth clearly says it is not marriage! No matter if the whole world agrees to call it marriage and the State allows it, it will still be something other than marriage.

The only individuals whose thoughts on the legitimacy of their marriage that counts is ... the couple. No one is telling you that you have to *personally* approve of other people's marriages but rather that your approval is not pertinent.

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
...Call their union anything but marriage. Calling it marriage will never give it any legitimacy as natural, normal healthy ,traditional or real marriage. It will be a sham!...

As if calling it anything else other than perversion will give a homosexual relationship legitimacy.

I was wondering how you felt about homosexual civil unions; now I know.

MrDante

bHp6k.jpg

The Horn

BANNED
Banned
BoyStan , how does same sex marriage harm YOU or your family, and assuming you are married ,
how does it adversely effect YOUT marriage ? Is it causing any difficulties in your life, and does it interfere with YOUR rights ?
In the Bible, polygamy is mentioned numerous times . Apparently , the people in the ancient middle east thought it was the normal thing to do , even though it is illegal in America, including
bigamy .
Among many American indian tribes , gay men were allowed to marry , and they were actually HONORED by the tribes for being married .
Human beings created marriage , not God , and marriage has had a variety of forms throughout recorded history .
Until the 1960s , marriage between blacks and whites was illegal in some US states, and many people in the south thought "miscegenation " was a horrible thing and believed God would punish America for allowing g this .
In the past , many Americans were horrified by the idea of allowing blacks and women to vote , and believed this was contrary to the will of God.
But did this interfere with the voting rights of white males ?

BoyStan

BoyStan , how does same sex marriage harm YOU or your family, and assuming you are married ,
how does it adversely effect YOUT marriage ? Is it causing any difficulties in your life, and does it interfere with YOUR rights ?
In the Bible, polygamy is mentioned numerous times . Apparently , the people in the ancient middle east thought it was the normal thing to do , even though it is illegal in America, including
bigamy .
Among many American indian tribes , gay men were allowed to marry , and they were actually HONORED by the tribes for being married .
Human beings created marriage , not God , and marriage has had a variety of forms throughout recorded history .
Until the 1960s , marriage between blacks and whites was illegal in some US states, and many people in the south thought "miscegenation " was a horrible thing and believed God would punish America for allowing g this .
In the past , many Americans were horrified by the idea of allowing blacks and women to vote , and believed this was contrary to the will of God.
But did this interfere with the voting rights of white males ?

God did ordain marriage between man and a woman. Sin has corrupted marriage through history as your examples show. I don't care if homosexuals live together. However their union is not marriage it is corruption. Why do they want to call it marriage? Do you have an answer to Why ?

BoyStan

The only individuals whose thoughts on the legitimacy of their marriage that counts is ... the couple. No one is telling you that you have to *personally* approve of other people's marriages but rather that your approval is not pertinent.

I don't care if they share the same bed all day every day. Just call it something else other than marriage. It is not marriage by the time honoured definition of marriage. Leave marriage alone . Think of another term to label their union. can you suggest a suitable term? What about SODOMY!

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
I don't care if they share the same bed all day every day. Just call it something else other than marriage. It is not marriage by the time honoured definition of marriage. Leave marriage alone . Think of another term to label their union. can you suggest a suitable term?

how about "abomination"?

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I don't care if they share the same bed all day every day. Just call it something else other than marriage. It is not marriage by the time honoured definition of marriage. Leave marriage alone . Think of another term to label their union. can you suggest a suitable term? What about SODOMY!

Nah, since I don't spend my time stressing over the private relationships of complete strangers, I will continue to call it marriage. :)

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
Quote Originally Posted by aCultureWarrior

As if calling it anything else other than perversion will give a homosexual relationship legitimacy.

Whatever they call the perversion, it is not marriage, it is a warped union
I noticed that you don't seem concerned about other institutions that homosexuals have permeated: the family (via adoption), the military, youth mentor groups, the Church, Education, civil government, etc.

Either it's a behavior that should be shunned by society or given full acceptance, marriage included.

BoyStan

Quote Originally Posted by aCultureWarrior

I noticed that you don't seem concerned about other institutions that homosexuals have permeated: the family (via adoption), the military, youth mentor groups, the Church, Education, civil government, etc.

Either it's a behavior that should be shunned by society or given full acceptance, marriage included.

Homosexuals are citizens and have rights like all citizens. Are you suggesting that homosexuals, in whatever field they are in, seek to indoctrinate others with their sexuality? What do you envisage 'shunned by society' would mean in practical terms? Maybe burning at the stake.

BoyStan

Marriage by definition is the union of a man and a woman. Regardless how people have distorted this practice through the centuries marriage is only for a man and a woman together. Examples of our distorted practices of marriage in whatever culture is never any ground for supporting homosexual marriage.

BoyStan

Nah, since I don't spend my time stressing over the private relationships of complete strangers, I will continue to call it marriage. :)
So you don't stress or care about social ills unless you know the people involved? You think it is okay for child molesters, wife beaters etc to operate so long as its their private relationship and you don't know them personally?

Be like Pilate and wash your hands of any responsibility!

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
So you don't stress or care about social ills unless you know the people involved? You think it is okay for child molesters, wife beaters etc to operate so long as its their private relationship and you don't know them personally?

Be like Pilate and wash your hands of any responsibility!

:plain: The fact that you need to resort to comparing the relationships of CONSENTING adults to violent, criminal offenders exposes the fact that you don't have a legitimate argument.

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
Quote: Originally posted by aCultureWarrior

Homosexuals are citizens and have rights like all citizens.

Homosexuals are people who are sexually confused, often brought on my trauma in childhood. Through therapy their desires and behavior can be changed. Society doesn't help people with sexual and gender confusion by giving them a license to continue their immoral behavior.

Are you suggesting that homosexuals, in whatever field they are in, seek to indoctrinate others with their sexuality?

It's been shown in the institutions that they've permeated.

What do you envisage 'shunned by society' would mean in practical terms? Maybe burning at the stake.

Righteous laws.

DavidK

1 Corinthians 5

9 I wrote to you in my epistle not to keep company with sexually immoral people. 10 Yet I certainly did not mean with the sexually immoral people of this world, or with the covetous, or extortioners, or idolaters, since then you would need to go out of the world. 11 But now I have written to you not to keep company with anyone named a brother, who is sexually immoral, or covetous, or an idolater, or a reviler, or a drunkard, or an extortioner—not even to eat with such a person. 12 For what have I to do with judging those also who are outside? Do you not judge those who are inside? 13 But those who are outside God judges. Therefore “put away from yourselves the evil person."

As a brother and elder I'm required to bring correction to my brothers or sisters who are giving themselves over to sin, and disassociate with them if they persist unrepentant.

As a witness I'm required to accurately identify sin before the lost in the context of pointing them to the redemption offered by the blood of Jesus, acknowledging that apart from grace I am every bit as much a sinner.

I have no requirement from my Lord to transform society or its institutions.

eider

Obviously you do not understand anything about the development of sin and God's revelation through history. Just because a situation existed in Bible times does not make it in force today

So you won't be quoting the old testament to prove your twisted viewpoint either.....true?

BoyStan

So you won't be quoting the old testament to prove your twisted viewpoint either.....true?
I understand the OT in the light of the NT, and the changes Jesus introduced. Many pick a verse out of the OT, such as from the law, and say that proves their point. Too often it only shows their ignorance of the relationship between the OT and NT.Many scoffers quote an OT verse thinking that it destroys an argument from the NT. Again it is obvious they are scoffing and ignorant of the OT and NT relationship.