Mans Free Will

Danoh

I have a choice to follow the flesh or the spirit. The Holy Spirit convicts me if the ways of the flesh come to mind. Which they will because as God saw that after the flood that "the imagination of man's heart is evil from his youth" (Gen. 8:21). The Holy Spirit gives me strength and direction to resist following the sin of the flesh. I must make a conscious effort to be close to the Holy Spirit each day. For only through the spirit can I resist the evil inclinations of the mind. I also must remember that even a bad thought is a sin of the mind. The main armament for fighting sin is faith, hope, and charity (1 Cor. 13:13).

If you "must make a choice" then it is not "The Holy Spirit gives me strength."

Rather; your own rational that leads you to that conclusion.

For your two statements are not only self-contradicting, but evidence a misunderstanding on your part concerning how the Spirit actually works in such matters.

You are holding a Charismatic view of this; whether or not you profess to Charismatic doctrines on it.

The Spirit's actual role is conforming the Believer to the image of Christ.

How?

As the Believer himself first takes in the Spirit's descriptions in Scripture about said image of Christ, and then follows that with conforming his behavior to the Spirit's descriptions in the Scripture about what walking in that image looks like.

Note...

2 Corinthians 3:18 But we all, with open face beholding as in a glass the glory of the Lord, are changed into the same image from glory to glory, even as by the Spirit of the LORD.

How?

Romans 12:1 I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service. 12:2 And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.

Hunh?

Ephesians 4:17 This I say therefore, and testify in the Lord, that ye henceforth walk not as other Gentiles walk, in the vanity of their mind, 4:18 Having the understanding darkened, being alienated from the life of God through the ignorance that is in them, because of the blindness of their heart: 4:19 Who being past feeling have given themselves over unto lasciviousness, to work all uncleanness with greediness. 4:20 But ye have not so learned Christ; 4:21 If so be that ye have heard him, and have been taught by him, as the truth is in Jesus: 4:22 That ye put off concerning the former conversation the old man, which is corrupt according to the deceitful lusts; 4:23 And be renewed in the spirit of your mind; 4:24 And that ye put on the new man, which after God is created in righteousness and true holiness.

As the Believer takes in information in Scripture about who God has made him in His Son, and then walks by faith (in other words, whether he feels like it or not; he decides to walk in said image by faith) in accord with said Word descriptions, or imagery; the Spirit conforms his outward image through his outward behaviour so that said outward conforms to his inward reality as a member of God's New Creature: the Body of Christ.

You have a Military background; right?

Well this is much like that.

From day one; the goal is to take you apart as to your former sense of who you were; towards conforming you into the living image of a Military man.

You come home from Bootcamp, a different person; don't you.

And you will need this sense of difference in you; of who you are; if you are to be effective in your assigned role in your service to your country.

Which, by the way; and endless thank you for your service, Bradley.

In a similar principle as to the above...

1 Corinthians 15:58 Therefore, my beloved brethren, be ye stedfast, unmoveable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, forasmuch as ye know that your labour is not in vain in the Lord.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
You did it again Squeak. You went and got yourself banned again.

Grosnick
Well, just say what you're supposed to say and that won't be a problem for you.
Why not play it safe and say as little as possible? That way you can safeguard your continued participation. That's what you'd do if you were me.
If you so desire, I'll give you future instruction Squeaky? Let me know?

I said
Do you know that is the very same advice they give to new members in a cult.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
So did bad people. You haven't proved you speak the truth. You prove you do not.

I said
Before you bear false witness have you checked to see if you know what truth is?
[Jhn 17:17-19
17 "Sanctify them by Your truth. Your word is truth.
18 "As You sent Me into the world, I also have sent them into the world.
19 "And for their sakes I sanctify Myself, that they also may be sanctified by the truth.