ECT MADs Are Weird...

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
There you go - that's it - "were."

Now study it out in Scripture from both sides of the fence. Then come back and post your findings.

More games.

How were the Little Flock "not a people" and a foolish nation?

Interplanner

Uggh, the dividers. The industrial-strength dividers. Peter is writing to CHRISTIANS. What ever you say to one CHRISTIAN you can say to them all. The letter is to all Christians, and Hebrews is to all Christians, even if you didn't grow up on Judaism.

The works of the flesh list in Galatians uses the term 'aireseis' but it did not originally mean 'wrong doctrine'! It is the word for the mathematical process of dividing! It meant dividers! Dividers are in the flesh, not in the Spirit of the Gospel.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
I'm serious; I'm not playing a game - study out in the manner I recommended.

So am I.

The only people in the Bible who were ever told they were "not a people" were the Israelites from the 10 tribes.

Even if you are claiming the Little Flock was made up of these Israelites, they were never a foolish nation.

(Isaiah 7:8 KJV) For the head of Syria is Damascus, and the head of Damascus is Rezin; and within threescore and five years shall Ephraim be broken, that it be not a people.

Remember Ephraim? He's the little boy in Gen 48:19. His granddaddy Jacob put his hand on his head and told his daddy Joseph that he would become a multitude of nations.

Danoh

Uggh, the dividers. The industrial-strength dividers. Peter is writing to CHRISTIANS. What ever you say to one CHRISTIAN you can say to them all. The letter is to all Christians, and Hebrews is to all Christians, even if you didn't grow up on Judaism.

The works of the flesh list in Galatians uses the term 'aireseis' but it did not originally mean 'wrong doctrine'! It is the word for the mathematical process of dividing! It meant dividers! Dividers are in the flesh, not in the Spirit of the Gospel.

:rotfl: industrial strength dividers; now that was funny! Good one, Inter.

And who said Peter was not writing to Christians.

I'm afraid you and yours are also allowing for divisions of a sort.

Interplanner

:rotfl: industrial strength dividers; now that was funny! Good one, Inter.

And who said Peter was not writing to Christians.

I'm afraid you and yours are also allowing for divisions of a sort.

As soon as you say a letter to Christians is only to some of them, then it is not.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Uggh, the dividers. The industrial-strength dividers. Peter is writing to CHRISTIANS.

Yes, but before they were Christians, they were "not a people".

It was a fulfillment of prophecy.

In Hosea, God said that one day those who were "not a people" would be told they were a people.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
As soon as you say a letter to Christians is only to some of them, then it is not.

Peter was only addressing the Israelites from the 10 tribes.

No one else was ever told they were "not a people".

(Hosea 2:23) I will plant her for myself in the land; I will show my love to the one I called 'Not my loved one.' I will say to those called 'Not my people,' 'You are my people'; and they will say, 'You are my God.'"

(1 Peter 2:10) Which in time past were not a people, but are now the people of God: which had not obtained mercy, but now have obtained mercy.

You can't read the above two verses and say Peter is speaking to all Christians.

Danoh

Peter was only addressing the Israelites from the 10 tribes.

No one else was ever told they were "not a people".

(Hosea 2:23) I will plant her for myself in the land; I will show my love to the one I called 'Not my loved one.' I will say to those called 'Not my people,' 'You are my people'; and they will say, 'You are my God.'"

(1 Peter 2:10) Which in time past were not a people, but are now the people of God: which had not obtained mercy, but now have obtained mercy.

You can't read the above two verses and say Peter is speaking to all Christians.

I'm not buying it, T.

As early as Acts 2 and 3 Peter offers both houses the New Covenant.

In Acts 8 they end up scattered abroad as a result of persecution, and in James 1 he addresses that persecution members of all Twelve Tribes are undergoing.

While in Romans 10, Paul relates ISRAEL having been provoked to jelousy by them that are no people - the very people Isaiah speaks of in chapter 8, and that Matt. speaks of in chapter 4, etc., etc.