Jefferson

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Live Report from Rowan County KY on BEL

This is the show from Tuesday September 8th, 2015

SUMMARY:

Bob Enyart gets a live report from Coach Dave Daubenmire of Ohio's Pass the Salt ministries, one of the early leaders who began inviting Christian groups to head down to Grayson, Kentucky where Kim Davis was refusing to issue homosexual marriage licenses. The guys talked about the misguided effort of Kim Davis' attorney, Liberty Counsel's Mat Staver, who is unwittingly trying to facilitate the roll-out of homosexual marriage. Kim doesn't want to be an enabler issuing one such marriage license, but Staver's legal strategy would enable the issuance of a thousand. Related: A family in Texas pulled their kids out of public school after the daughter reported on what happens in the girls' bathroom. And RSR's new video Trading Genesis is now available on DVD & Blu-ray! And the Jeb Bush & Donald Trump reports are updated at prolifeprofiles.com. And our two-minute contribution to the undercover viral abortion videos phenomenon has hit 10,00k views! And you're invited to the Denver Bible Church film night on Friday Sept. 18th at 7 p.m. when we watch Tim Mahoney's Patterns of Evidence: The Exodus. And finally, check out kgov.com/kjo and kgov.com/schiavo.

trading_genesis_store__32143.1441153425.1280.1280.jpg

Today's Resource
: Trading Genesis (for Secular Theories)

Pepperdine University in California has long enjoyed a reputation as a leading conservative Christian institution. Today, however, Pepperdine’s faculty teaches theistic evolution. Though affiliated with the Church of Christ, the theistic evolution of the school’s science and theology professors is indistinguishable from the methodological naturalism of the atheist.

In 2015, the administration denied a request by some Pepperdine alumni to present a lecture on biblical creation. Not deterred, both longtime and recent graduates organized their own creation-evolution conference on the school’s campus and advertised it in the Malibu Times newspaper.

The organizers invited Bob Enyart, the host of Denver-based Real Science Radio, to speak at the event held concurrently with the school's heavily-attended Bible Lectureship series. Enyart demonstrated with seven examples that the atheistic materialist worldview does not even have a theory of origins for anyone to side with. And thus, Pepperdine University has traded away special creation (and many other biblical teachings, also listed in this presentation) for absolutely nothing.

See also Bob Enyart's debate with an acclaimed British author at rsr.org/theistic-evolution. Enjoy the fun science facts at rsr.org/young-earth. And see more about this Pepperdine event at rsr.org/trading-genesis.

Available on Blu-ray or DVD

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
i'll have to wait until i'm on a real machine and not this (redacted) apple product

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
Live Report from Rowan County KY on BEL

This is the show from Tuesday September 8th, 2015

SUMMARY:

Bob Enyart gets a live report from Coach Dave Daubenmire of Ohio's Pass the Salt ministries, one of the early leaders who began inviting Christian groups to head down to Grayson, Kentucky where Kim Davis was refusing to issue homosexual marriage licenses.

:chuckle: How bout that. At the same time Christians were complaining about one of the gay couples applying for a Rowan county marriage license being from Ohio.

ok doser

:chuckle: How bout that. At the same time Christians were complaining about one of the gay couples applying for a Rowan county marriage license being from Ohio.

the difference being, of course, that the gay couples are hell-bound perverts and the Christians are not

not surprising that you can't see the difference :(

ok doser

ok, i'll grant you that

but

would Christ allow one of His lambs to engage in perversion?

or

would those indwelt with the HS continue in their filthy perversion?

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
ok, i'll grant you that

but

would Christ allow one of His lambs to engage in perversion?

or

would those indwelt with the HS continue in their filthy perversion?
Even the saved indulge in immorality.

WHILE we were yet sinners in the flesh, Christ saved us. Not WHEN we quit sinning in the flesh.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
if a homosexual couple gets "married", do you assume they're in Christ?
No. Why would you ask such a silly question?
One's behavior has nothing to do with whether they are in Christ or not.
Otherwise, any of your own sinful behavior would eliminate you from the BOC.

You simply are not going to find any Christian or non-Christian that does not struggle with sinful behavior in the flesh.
Either Christ's work on the cross was sufficient, or it wasn't and your behavior is included in the 'sufficient' work to save you.

ok doser

One's behavior has nothing to do with whether they are in Christ or not.

I agree, however, we can't know who is in the BOC and who isn't

I find behavior to be a good indication - if they embrace wickedness and seek to justify their perversion, I'm not inclined to think they're saved.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I agree, however, we can't know who is in the BOC and who isn't

I find behavior to be a good indication - if they embrace wickedness and seek to justify their perversion, I'm not inclined to think they're saved.
That's your decision to do so.
But you might be basing salvation on behavioral works, rather than trust in the sufficiency of the cross.

Don't get me wrong, immorality should be shamed. And you don't let the behavior of one in the BOC go un-shamed for his immorality.
But it does not kick them out of the BOC.