Leftist secular education fails to educate kids

marke

Is that any surprise? Year after year we are treated to politicians and school officials begging for more money "for the kids' education" while students' scholastic aptitudes continue to nosedive because of the incompetence and bad policies of secular government schools. Put your kids in schools that actually get results - Christian schools.

Two parents in Baltimore, Maryland, have filed a lawsuit against their city and its school district in response to shocking reports about the progressive city's abject failure to educate children.

Earlier this year, local news outlet WBFF-TV highlighted the story of a woman who graduated from the Baltimore City Public Schools system without being able to read. The outlet also found a whopping 77% of high schoolers at one area high school were reading at an elementary level. Another report discovered that in the past year, 41% of BCPS high school students earned below a 1.0 grade point average.

"This is terrible," Jovani Patterson said at the time after hearing about the reports. "This is just further perpetuating a cycle of poverty, of despair."

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
... a woman who graduated from the Baltimore City Public Schools system without being able to read.
I was a paid tutor in an urban School district in upstate New York for 3 years placed in failing schools through No Child Left behind funding. I worked with kids like this all the time. They were given not the state regents diplomas upon graduation, but an essentially worthless City School district diploma.

That was 14 years ago. I occasionally wonder what has become of them.

marke

I was a paid tutor in an urban School district in upstate New York for 3 years placed in failing schools through No Child Left behind funding. I worked with kids like this all the time. They were given not the state regents diplomas upon graduation, but an essentially worthless City School district diploma.

That was 14 years ago. I occasionally wonder what has become of them.
After my mom retired as a computer programmer she took a job teaching math at a local high school for a short period of time. But she quit that job after only a short stint because the disciplinary standards and rules estab;ished by secular officials created grounds for such a hostile environment in the classroom that she felt teachers were hindered from teaching and students were hindered from learning.