Knight's POTD 12-11-2006

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
I am not a Packer fan but this is great smack....
SUTG said:
I'm sure that quite a few of you saw the complete an utter domination of the San Francisco 49ers by the Green Bay Packers on Sunday. I saw it too, and my first thought was to post a thread to The Berean gloating over the victory and rubbing it in. On further thought, I decided, in the name of fair play and good sportsmanship, to do no such thing. Therefore, you won't see a single thread from me harping on the fact that the Packers led the entire game, or that Favre passed for 293 yards, and completed 23 out of 34 pass attempts.

After all, it would be easy to dwell on the carving up of the Niners defense, the two interceptions engineered by Alex Smith, and the all around poor performance by Bryant and the rest of the 49ers squad, but you won't hear it from me. A lesser man would surely bring up the 68 yard touchdown run by Donald Driver, and his 9 catches for 160 yards. But not a word from me.

Sure, the thought of suggesting a more fitting avatar for The Berean did occur to me, but I decided to hold my tongue. When the game was over (and it is over!), my mind was made up. Not a single mention of the game, outside of this thread on my lack of gloating, should be made on TOL.
:first:

source

Status
Not open for further replies.