Knight's POTD 08-5-2006

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
patman said:
RobE said:
How did God create the Earth? Is this logically possible? Can't you see that what is logically possible to you is the same as logically understandable to you? He surpasses our understanding and therefore our logic.

Rob,

If you are unable to recognize the following as truth,even without the Bible holding your hand to do it, no offense intended at all, but I see no reason to continue to discuss this subject with you. We will eternally hit a brick wall and never see eye to eye.

1. 2 + 2 = 4.

2. 2 + 2 = 4 is not in the Bible.

3. God created 2+2 to = 4 because that is how he wills it.

4. God never said he knows the entire future.

5. Saying that God displays the ability to predict 1000 future events is not grounds to say he knows all future events.

(It would be like saying Jesus walked on water once, therefore he is always walking on water)

6. God admits the ability to do anything.

7. God admits that he cannot sin, we conclude by choice.

8. God must, by choice, also obtain from doing other things. It is possible God doesn't want future knowledge for reasons we can't explain.

9. God could know all of the future if he wanted to.

10. God displays he doesn't know the outcome of all events, possibly by choice.

I could go on... but this is the thought process I go through.

1. We have no verse to say about God that he knows all 100% of the future. This isn't a logical conclusion, it is fact.

2. We have the ability to put Gods word together and draw conclusions about God based on what he tells us about himself.

3. We shouldn't stretch our conclusions to mean what we want them to mean(not saying you do).

So we are looking for evidence for one way or the other.

Evidence that God knows the future:
1. He makes accurate predictions about events far into the future.
2. He claims the ability to do anything.
3. God claims to know everything.

Reasons I do not believe this is sufficient to draw the conclusion that God knows all of the future is:
1. Making a few accurate predictions is not enough to say he knows all of the future, Even I can predict the future sometimes.
2. He claims to be able to do anything, it doesn't mean he does everything.
3. The future is not a "thing," it is not a place. If it doesn't exist physically or spiritually, how can it be known.

Evidence he doesn't know the entire future:
1. Predicting the future can come with wisdom, understanding of situations, causing things to happen, or letting something happen. God predicting the future does not imply supernatural powers in doing so.
2. God has made claim that certain events would happen that didn't. Something he would not do if he already knew the outcome.
3. God displays the ability to change.
4. God tests men to see what they will do, he doesn't already know.

Rob, I keep submitting my timeline as proof to 2.
:first:

[ context ]

Status
Not open for further replies.