Knight's pick 8-31-2007

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
On the basic idea that anyone who looks at a woman lustfully has already commited adultary in his heart, it would appear that Christians should oppose romantic marraiges and should support only arranged marraiges.

Beacause Romantic marraiges would require that one has sexual feelings for one other than one's spouse, Romantic marraige basically demands this be so, for the only way for it to exist is if there is such feelings for non-spouses.

If one permits and encourages extra marital sexual desire, then one would be logically encouraging extra-marital sexual relations, before and even after marraige.

If such desire is not sinful, then Jesus's words about lust would not be followed.

In order to avoid lust, one would thus have to arrange marraiges between people who have never met, romantic marraiges would not be allowed by the Christian faith.

All in all, this means that arranged marraiges are superior to romantic one's in a Christian sense. Beacause they do not require extra-marital sexual desires or relations in order to exist.

You must be dumber than a bag of hammers! Jesus is obviously talking about married men looking at other women!
:first:

:rotfl: Delmar... that's hilarious, classic smack.

context

FellowServant

DMV Princess
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Right on, Knight! :chuckle:

I have to admit, I have read Cliffy's post 3 times now and I'm still not quite sure what he's trying to say.. and dude, use a spell check or something..

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Which is dumber, a bag of hammers or a box of rocks?

Status
Not open for further replies.