Knight's pick 12-31-2004

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Originally posted by Shadowx

Zman said: "Why wouldn't it? Isn't everything His? He is the supreme Sovereign God, and, news flash, you're not in control - He is. Surrender to Him already, for pete's sake!

Yes, you like that idea, it makes you fill more comfortable with your sins.

You think he was pleased that mankind became utterly wicked pre flood? Was God jumping for joy, in pleasure, quoting your Calvinist writers who you got that verse from?
Or was he grieved about it ...wishing he had never made man...?

Was God pleased with the following? Did he wish for it?
O I wish David would give occasion to my enemies to blaspheme me..., because it pleases me..

2Sa 11:27 And when the mourning was past, David sent and fetched her to his house, and she became his wife, and bare him a son. But the thing that David had done displeased the LORD.

Psa 5:4 For thou art not a God that hath pleasure in wickedness: neither shall evil dwell with thee.

Is God pleased with wickedness, because it's directly part of what he wishes?

Mar 10:14 But when Jesus saw it, he was much displeased , and said unto them, Suffer the little children to come unto me, and forbid them not: for of such is the kingdom of God.

Was God pleased that the disciples disobeyed Him here? Did he wish this? God the son is much displeased with God the father's decree.., that the disciples should hinder children..

God often displeased with his hand puppets...

Isa 59:15 Yea, truth faileth; and he that departeth from evil maketh himself a prey: and the LORD saw it, and it displeased him that there was no judgment.

Was God pleased here? Is this part of his wishes?
Zmans interp, "..The Lord saw that there was no justice or truth and He was much pleased with it, because he is pleased with everything HE DOES and wished it all to happen"

He only does that which glorifies Him and it REALLY glorifies Him when truth fails..and there is no judgment. :nono:

Those who flee from wickedness are persecuted by those who don't...and judgment favors the wicked..(God doesn't like it..., but that's what he wants..I can see it now, God shaking his head in displeasure and frustration..over his own will..)

Zec 1:2 The LORD hath been sore displeased with your fathers.

Was God pleased here Z?

Zec 1:3 Therefore say thou unto them, Thus saith the LORD of hosts; Turn ye unto me, saith the LORD of hosts, and I will turn unto you, saith the LORD of hosts.
Zec 1:4 Be ye not as your fathers, unto whom the former prophets have cried, saying, Thus saith the LORD of hosts; Turn ye now from your evil ways, and from your evil doings: but they did not hear, nor hearken unto me saith the LORD.

Was God pleased that they didn't listen to his voice? Oh wait..they were listening to His "Secretly decreed" voice and he was upset with them for obeying it..

Zman you are.. ..:kookoo:
POTD :first:

[ context ]

Status
Not open for further replies.